PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Braves Winter Fanfest.........

kylehess10
02-03-2007, 08:43 PM
....was AMAZING!! They had so much game used for sale. Jersey's were anywhere between $25-100,hats were $5,line-up cards were $20, and locker room nameplates were $2. I picked up the following:

George Lombard game worn 2002 away jersey

Raul Mondesi locker room nameplate

Dewayne Wise locker room nameplate

Charles Thomas locker room nameplate

Eli Marrero locker room nameplate

Line-up card card from 10/1/05

Brian McCann game worn flag hat ($5!!!!!!!!!!)

Jorge Sosa game worn flag hat

I had also met Jeff Francoeur,Chad Paronto,Joey Devine,Sid Bream,& Kelly Johnson. But the entire schedule was all messed up. Andruw Jones was supposed to be there but just didn't. So instead of him I waited in Edgar Renteria's line for TWO hours. He didn't show up 30 minutes after he was supposed to start signing then the security just said that he wasn't there and that if we put our address on the back of our tickets then they'll have him mail us an autograph. 2 hours of my time wasted. Then, when I was 2 people behind from getting Bobby Cox, he all of the sudden had a nose-bleed and left. I still had fun though and got some nice pick-ups. Plus I added 2 new signatures to my 2005 Braves team-signed banner (yes, I am still working on a 2005 roster) which brings the count up to 27 signatures. Plus the remodeled Braves Hall of Fame looks great. They have new memorabilia from the past 15 years and I was just in awe when I saw all their Andruw Jones All Star Game jerseys/Chipper Jones All Star Game jersey/World Series bats,etc.etc.etc. Here's a few pics I got with the players:

Me & Jeff Francoeur (REALLY nice guy):

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/kylehess10/francoeur1.jpg

Me & Sid Bream:

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/kylehess10/bream3.jpg

Me & Chad Paronto

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/kylehess10/poranto1.jpg

Me & Kelly Johnson:

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/kylehess10/johnson1.jpg

BulldawgFan
02-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Nice pickups, Kyle...
I was at fan fest too and picked up an alfonseca name plate, and game used flag hats from SMOLTZ (29), Devine (34--afer the Wickman trade), Tony Pena (#1) and #12 (Eddie Perez???)...

Do yo you know who wore #12? I thought it was Eddie Perez but not sure? Please let me know.

I also got autos from Francoeur, Thorman, Lerew, James, Devine, and HudsoN! It was a great time!

kylehess10
02-03-2007, 10:00 PM
Nice pickups, Kyle...
I was at fan fest too and picked up an alfonseca name plate, and game used flag hats from SMOLTZ (29), Devine (34--afer the Wickman trade), Tony Pena (#1) and #12 (Eddie Perez???)...

Do yo you know who wore #12? I thought it was Eddie Perez but not sure? Please let me know.

I also got autos from Francoeur, Thorman, Lerew, James, Devine, and HudsoN! It was a great time!

Yes, Eddie Perez is number 12. I don't get how you got Smoltz! Nice Pick-Up!

BulldawgFan
02-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Kyle--
I just grabbed the entire row of hats (5 all together)...there was also a Brian Jordan, but my buddy wanted that one...I was in a generous mood after realizing one was #29...it shows decent use, too!

STLFan2003
02-03-2007, 11:04 PM
what other hats or other memorabilia did you get?

chakes89
02-03-2007, 11:31 PM
I wish I could have been able to go to that I would have cleaned the place out.

Hats were seriously only $5

BulldawgFan
02-04-2007, 11:22 AM
I picked up all the hats I could find...there were others autographed (non game used) for $5, but didnt want any of them. I wish I knew they were $5 to start with and I would have gotten to the sale earlier (I was in line getting autos as well)

Between myself and my buddy we picked up 8 hats for $5 each.
We got Smoltz, Perez, T. Pena, Devine, Jordan, Boyer, Orr and Pratt.

Also picked up a Juan Cruz and Pat Corrales game used and signed jersey. I think the bigger named jerseys were gone before I arrived, but the priced were between 30 - 60 dollars with the signed ones going for $100

They had bats betwee (I think) 20-50, but they were picked through before I was able to get anyone...

The best deals were the $5 hats...you cant beat that!

kylehess10
02-04-2007, 11:32 AM
I picked up all the hats I could find...there were others autographed (non game used) for $5, but didnt want any of them. I wish I knew they were $5 to start with and I would have gotten to the sale earlier (I was in line getting autos as well)

Between myself and my buddy we picked up 8 hats for $5 each.
We got Smoltz, Perez, T. Pena, Devine, Jordan, Boyer, Orr and Pratt.

Also picked up a Juan Cruz and Pat Corrales game used and signed jersey. I think the bigger named jerseys were gone before I arrived, but the priced were between 30 - 60 dollars with the signed ones going for $100

They had bats betwee (I think) 20-50, but they were picked through before I was able to get anyone...

The best deals were the $5 hats...you cant beat that!

I saw you then. I remember seeing someone with a few jersey's including a Cruz home jersey. I actually didn't even know that they had any game worn hats. I saw the autographed ones and that's all I thought they had. So before I left I took one last look and just saw about 7 dirty hats and just went through them quickly and picked out Sosa & McCann. The jersey's really did go by quickly also. When I got to the sale (around 12:00), there were just no-name players left. I almost thought I found a Millwood jersey, but it turned out to be a brand new replica jersey stuck with the game used/issued jerseys :rolleyes:

Sincityson
02-04-2007, 08:22 PM
....was AMAZING!! They had so much game used for sale. Jersey's were anywhere between $25-100,hats were $5,line-up cards were $20, and locker room nameplates were $2.

Sounds like it was a great event! Were all the jersey's for sale for $25-$100 game worn and game issued? If so, that price is incredible!

The Jays charge $300 CND + tax for the common player game worn jereseys & $200 + tax for the game issued ones. Wish they had something like this event..

SC