PDA

View Full Version : Question about 2016 Game Use MLB Jerseys

Doodles
06-13-2016, 06:54 PM
This year Majestic on field Flex Base jerseys were engineered with "Full or left chest authentic lightweight tackle twill decoration." What does this mean exactly? In the past a team like the Mets for example, would use wordmark, numbers and letters that had two layers of tackle twill - a blue and an orange layer. Both layers were sewn on. Some replica jerseys had the decoration on a single layer, sublimated I guess, to put both blue and orange on one layer, so it would be sewn on once. I know in spring training, MLB wore sublimated decorations on the field like this:

http://content.sportslogos.net/news/2016/01/Name-Pattern-Detail-590x411.jpg

My question is, what are they wearing on the field this year in terms of this new lightweight tackle twill? Can anyone show a picture? Thanks.

R. C. Walker
06-13-2016, 09:05 PM
My question is, what are they wearing on the field this year in terms of this new lightweight tackle twill? Can anyone show a picture? Thanks.

What I noticed on the 2016 jerseys is the appliqués are not layered as in the past, but the trim/outlines are sewn on. Guess it makes for a lighter jersey overall without the extra material.

Traditional layered:

New technologically enhanced sewn trim:

Doodles
06-13-2016, 09:37 PM
Thanks RC...I think what you show is called a kiss cut. So that would not be the traditional two layers of twill, but one layer and just the outline sewn on top. Are all teams doing this now?

lengthwise1
06-13-2016, 09:40 PM
correct, all flexbase jerseys I'm aware of (I've held 5, 3 were game used) use kiss cut lettering, numbers and wordmarks

Doodles
06-14-2016, 05:37 PM
Thanks guys.