PDA

View Full Version : 86 Reunion jerseys

metsbats
06-16-2016, 07:29 PM
Anyone know what the Mets are planning to do with the ceremony worn player jerseys from Ypres 5/28 game. I put in a reservation for my favorite player and have not received any responses to my emails or voice mails. Anyone been able to reserve and purchase one?

Thunderhead51
06-16-2016, 08:44 PM
Metsbats you are not alone in your lack of hearing anything back from them. In general I've noticed a very sharp decline in their service outside of being AT Citi Field this year. Mav who had been handling the program has since moved on to a different position within the organization. I've spoken with Brian and Bennett in person on separate occasions during this season about picking up some game balls as well as a spring jersey or two and a regular season pinstripe jersey (non-throwback style) and to date I haven't received any responses back.

Aside from that they haven't put up any new auctions through MLB in the last few weeks. At the beginning of the year they had put up a few 86 throwbacks. I believe they auctioned off a Granderson, a Wright and a Blevins so far. There could be a few more that auctioned off through MLB but those were the few names I remember hearing.

Anyone else find a contact with the Mets that has responded?

yanks12025
06-17-2016, 05:54 AM
The mets team store has horrible customer service.

lengthwise1
06-17-2016, 09:26 AM
They auctioned full pinstripe 86 throwback uniforms in a second auction as well. If my memory holds, they sold Flores which I own, Walker, Campbell & Racaniello. With that said, it took them almost three weeks to ship my Flores.

Have you tried calling the number? I've called three times and they have picked up 2/3 of the time.

metsbats
06-17-2016, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Will just keep trying to call. Maybe they are a little cautious about selling after the 9/11 Piazza jersey fiasco :p

Swoboda4
06-19-2016, 08:13 AM
I'm going to the game today ( section 112-row 17) and stopping at the kiosk (as always) before sitting down. I don't expect any changes for the better. They don't care as much as we do that's for sure. Apparently, working at Amazing Memorabilia is a stepping stone to getting a better position elsewhere, or a job given to entry level Met employees . Being Father's Day let me quote my dad's advice on getting service at a place that at best is indifferent to customer's attempt at service and contact: Call their bosses (or someone else higher in the Met Organization) and complain your not getting service. The other thing that bothers me is I spend thousands of dollars each year at either MLB/auctions Mets and Amazin Memorabilia (which is the same thing basically) and you think that seeing my account you would get a thanks, Christmas card, free tickets. You get nothing. Steiner once a year used to rent out a suite at Shea and invite its regular customers to a game each year. You felt good and wanted to continue with them as customers, not here; they don't even give you an ice cube.

Swoboda4
06-19-2016, 05:16 PM
At CitiField,the cupboard was bare-on Father's Day. My son was going to buy me something from the Amazin Memorabilia kiosk at CitiField today-but there was nothing of value for sale. They said they were conducting inventory. Halfway through the season they pick the busiest day of the month to present- nothing for sale. OK. Me, if I worked there, I would be up all night making sure there would be something of value ready for sale that thousands of customers are accustomed to seeing on gameday..

Thunderhead51
06-19-2016, 06:10 PM
Thanks for sharing your experiences with the Mets with us all Swoboda4! I didn't realize Stiener had done that for Mets collectors when they had the Mets contract. To that end, the barren state of the kiosk that you posted photos of makes me wonder if the Mets are taking bids for an outside company to handle the sale of these items moving forward? Could Steiner or another vendor be knocking on the door here to handle that end of the business? Sure, they could be doing inventory like they said but do they really have this much? The team was gone for 13 days over the last road trip before this current slate of home games started. Would that be enough time to get this inventory taken care of? I have to think that the guys manning the kiosk are regular employees who are there on game days only and might not be regular full-time employees.

I was there twice over Memorial Day weekend where the kiosk and surrounding area was packed with items including plenty of jerseys from the previous 3 seasons, some ST g/u jerseys (of 25-man roster guys) and maybe a half dozen g/u 86 throwback jersey and pants sets. Highest priced one of those they had on the rack was Harvey's at $2650.

Swoboda4
06-19-2016, 06:32 PM
You may be right and funny you should say Steiner. Steiner has been very active lately and with good communication. A week ago Steiner re-contacted me( I bought many G/U Mets items from them in the past, and this year bulk purchases on items here and there). They emailed and offered a Father's Day sale and I picked up the Gary Sheffield 16x20 "story" signed photo I've been eyeing, listed at $500 for $199. You know what, I would welcome the change back to what was.

metsbats
06-19-2016, 08:59 PM
Thanks Robert for posting. I received a response apologizing for the delay in responding to me and that they are in the middle of doing inventory as you were told. Will wait till they complete this for a response on the 86 reunion jerseys.

Swoboda4
06-19-2016, 10:01 PM
Well, the biggest market in baseball is way behind. Baltimore's Fathers Day jerseys are up and running. Must I go to Atlanta's site for Mets stuff?(Amazin Memorabilia dropping the customer ball is nothing new).

truvalue123
06-20-2016, 06:23 AM
Interesting to hear conspiracy theories...will be interesting to see the final results...

lengthwise1
06-20-2016, 09:01 AM
Interesting to hear conspiracy theories...will be interesting to see the final results...

agreed, could this be another fanatics experience?

truvalue123
06-20-2016, 09:26 AM
could be as simple as implementation of an integrated Point of sale and inventory system...the days of excel spreadsheets are hopefully going away...

truvalue123
06-20-2016, 09:27 AM
Fanatics S U C K s for managing GU programs...just a small piece of their HUGE pie

lengthwise1
06-20-2016, 11:45 AM
could be as simple as implementation of an integrated Point of sale and inventory system...the days of excel spreadsheets are hopefully going away...

I hope so!!

Agree on Fanatics...

TBM
06-20-2016, 11:50 AM
I feel sorry for you Mets fan and collectors out there. When you say Kiosk your not kidding. That Amazing Mets place is not much more than a hole in the wall. Here is a pic I took of the Royals Authentics store when I was there a Minh ago. Granted it's not the greatest but hopefully you get the idea. Lots of jerseys, hats, bats, bases, balls, framed pics, Post season celebration Champaign bottles, line up cards, batting helmets, batting gloves, locker name plates, fountain water, field dirt and on and on. That day there were racks of ST jerseys and display racks of merchandise outside the store too. It's like this nearly every time I'm there.

Swoboda4
06-23-2016, 02:23 PM
I feel sorry for you Mets fan and collectors out there. When you say Kiosk your not kidding. That Amazing Mets place is not much more than a hole in the wall. Here is a pic I took of the Royals Authentics store when I was there a Minh ago. Granted it's not the greatest but hopefully you get the idea. Lots of jerseys, hats, bats, bases, balls, framed pics, Post season celebration Champaign bottles, line up cards, batting helmets, batting gloves, locker name plates, fountain water, field dirt and on and on. That day there were racks of ST jerseys and display racks of merchandise outside the store too. It's like this nearly every time I'm there.

You know what, you're right. A kiosk is temporary and it speaks to the long range plans of the Mets in this vibrant hobby that they're center stage in and they don't care. There's plenty of stores at Citifield and these great game used items apparently don't rate (a great location like you have in Kansas City) alongside key chains, stuffed Mr. Met dolls and 50 varieties of Mets hats that are in Citifield stores

truvalue123
06-23-2016, 02:33 PM
The location at Citi Field IS GREAT...probably the most traffic in the park next to Shake Shack area...would be nice to have a permanent store, but, this is a niche market, not general casual fan merchandise.
Also, in talking with personnel at the stand, it seems there was an issue with the inventory that required a lot of effort to get it recounted...they expect to be ready to go for the next homestand.

margoaepi
06-23-2016, 04:04 PM
I was actually about to buy two items from them, asked that they be pulled up to the kiosk as I was going to the game (this was last Friday). All was well, then I got an email around 2pm saying that they could no longer sell game used items that day. I followed up a few times, and eventually someone told me that they had managed to delete their entire inventory. Seems a little too ridiculous to be true. . . but who knows.

I'll add that if anyone is looking to offload any Mets items, let me know. I just sold a whole heap of stuff through the last LOTG auction, and I'm open to anything.

Mattapan03
07-02-2016, 10:58 AM
I also got the "inventory issues" from them. I tried calling a few times since but nobody has answered....nor have my emails been returned.

Deleting inventory just seems too absurd this day and age.

truvalue123
07-02-2016, 11:13 PM
The guys at the booth are continuing to hold the story...but, I am beginning to grow skeptical of it..but, what is the inventory they own worth? A few hundred thousand dollars? Do they really want to hand over control of the process?
Kruk Cards did the big buys of older jerseys...will be interesting how this plays out...

Swoboda4
07-03-2016, 08:44 AM
Who's been to CitiField Amaz'n Kiosk? Is it still "empty"?

margoaepi
07-03-2016, 07:49 PM
Was there Thursday. It is not empty per se, just nothing game used.

Swoboda4
07-04-2016, 08:06 PM
So its the same as when I posted photos from two weeks ago. Where is everything? Where's the Father's Day jerseys, balls, broken bats? Where's the 4th of July jerseys? etc,etc?? Where's the G/U stuff they have?? Im checking the MLB Mets auction website. It better not still have game ready 2015 post season patched jerseys (not game used) that nobody wants for two pages, that have been there for months on end.....