Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sincityson
    • Oct 2006

Milaukee Brewers 2000-2003 GW jersey question

I've been trying to find some info regarding the inner tags on Milaukee Brewers 2000-2005 game worn jerseys, but haven't found alot, so perhaps someone here can answer my question.

Anyone know if the inner tags on the Brewers game worn jerseys from 2000-2005 all included the same style of tagging as this Grissom jersey, or has it varied over the years since 2000?:

From what I can tell the the Brewers jerseys prior to 2000 did not have this style of tagging.

Any info would be helpful..

SC
    Following Game Used/Worn auctions and team sales: www.twitter.com/gameused
  • possum
    • Apr 2006

Re: Milaukee Brewers 2000-2003 GW jersey question

I have an 03 Eddie Perez alternate that looks similar. Sorry for the poor quality of the shot, but you get the gist. I don't know what the last 3 digits signify.
    Attached Files

Comment

• TNTtoys
      • Aug 2006

From what I can tell, the Brewers changed tagging style in 2000. I have seen several jerseys from 2000,2001,2002 and 2003. All appear the same -- polyester tags sewn onto the back of the neck with 2-digit year, player name spelled out in script, size, ID number (sort of like an inventory number).

The 1999s are cheap wash tags with name (capital block letters) above the 2-digit year, size and ID number. They too were sewn behind the neck.

I have not seen 04s and 05s, but don't see much reason why they would change style from the 00-03.
      Looking for ...
      Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
      Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
      Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• TNTtoys
        • Aug 2006

Here is another example like the Grissom jersey...
        Attached Files
        Looking for ...

Comment

• Sincityson
          • Oct 2006

Possum, Tnttoys - thanks for the info guys! On that 2003 Clayton jersey, did they use a lighter color blue that year for the numbers/letters, or is that just from lighting/glare from the camera?

SC

Comment

• TNTtoys
            • Aug 2006

SC - I think the color on the 2 jerseys is the same, and that the differences are due to camera flash/lighting.
            Looking for ...

Comment

• Sincityson
              • Oct 2006

Tnttoys - would you happen to know if any of the 2000-02 Brewers jerseys come with an LOA/COA ?

Comment

• Sincityson
                • Oct 2006

Anyone at all know about is an LOA/COA came with any Brewers game worn gear?

Comment

• TNTtoys
                  • Aug 2006

Hi -- all of the recent Brewers game used jerseys that I have seen have been from other dealers, and not directly from the team itself. These are generally purchased in bulk. I would not know if the team supplied individual LOAs to private collectors. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful...
                  Looking for ...

Comment

• Sincityson
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by TNTtoys
                    Hi -- all of the recent Brewers game used jerseys that I have seen have been from other dealers, and not directly from the team itself. These are generally purchased in bulk. I would not know if the team supplied individual LOAs to private collectors. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful...
                    Thanks for the answers! Is that the only Brewers jersey you currently have? or do you have others for sale ?

Comment

• TNTtoys
                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Sincityson
                      Thanks for the answers! Is that the only Brewers jersey you currently have? or do you have others for sale ?
                      Sorry, that jersey is not mine, and I don't have any Brewers jerseys currently for sale. I do however have a few leads for you -- feel free to email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com. I am sure that these sources can come up with many.
                      Looking for ...

Comment

Working...