PDA

View Full Version : Ebay item 381638501600: any photo/style matches?

sox83cubs84
07-30-2016, 09:57 PM
The item offered is a purported 1992 Wade Boggs game used road Red Sox jersey. Despite a signed Boggs LOA, a "game used" inscription on the jersey, and legitimate tagging, a couple of seeming red flags exist:

1) The Red Sox wore Russell in 1992, not Rawlings.

2) Even if Boggs ordered a uniform specifically from Rawlings, the sleeve logo would not be present on a 1992 game jersey because Rawlings was no longer the contracted MLB uniform supplier (their deal ended after the 1991 season).

3) There is no evidence of the JRY (Jean Yawkey) memoriam lettering on the left sleeve.

Can anyone provided an unquestioned game photo of Boggs wearing a jersey like this? I haven't found any. Unless I was provided one I personally would not write a LOA on this item.

Dave Miedema

Juicyfruit66
07-30-2016, 10:17 PM
Is it just me, or does it sedm like wade boggs is signing game used inscriptions on tons of stuff that isnt.....

Phil316
07-30-2016, 10:56 PM
A double whammy on this one. A Celebz COA and PROBSTEIN123 as the seller. I wonder if this company does any research or just takes the word of the consignor ?

Jags Fan Dan
07-31-2016, 02:59 PM
From what I can tell, that seller goes with whatever he/she is told. I just got a couple of gamers from them that they did not even suggest were gamers in the listing.

sox83cubs84
07-31-2016, 11:21 PM
Is it just me, or does it sedm like wade boggs is signing game used inscriptions on tons of stuff that isnt.....

And the weird thing is, Boggs was a guy who'd tell any fan who said that they had a GU jersey of his (when he was an active player) that their jersey couldn't be real (he'd ask what year the jersey was from first) because he had all his jerseys from that year, usually without ever seeing the jersey the fan claimed to have or only seeing it from a distance. He even was known as a player to add the inscription NR (not real) when he'd sign jerseys or bats that he decided weren't genuine.

Dave Miedema

Juicyfruit66
08-04-2016, 01:04 AM
Ever since i heard how boggs lets buyers come see his "collection" and sells them pieces of it, i picture him having tons of replica stuff all signed that he touts as his original stuff

boggs3010@gmail.com
12-10-2016, 06:43 PM
A double whammy on this one. A Celebz COA and PROBSTEIN123 as the seller. I wonder if this company does any research or just takes the word of the consignor ?

They take the word of the cosigner. I spoke to the jersey owner (ekailed) offered at Fair price with it being sent to mears for authentication. I pay for mears..."no" this was months ago.