PDA

View Full Version : Salvador Perez Changes Jerseys 4 Times Per Game

memorabiliaunlimited
08-26-2016, 07:44 AM
http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/73390/bring-on-the-gatorade-salavador-perez-details-catching-in-extreme-heat

article detailing how perez handles catching in the extreme heat. interestingly, it says that he will change his jersey 4 times per game when it is really hot. wondering how people feel about this - i am pretty sure that MLB authenticated jerseys of his do not mention this in the MLB database (if they were only used for a couple innings).

3arod13
08-26-2016, 07:54 AM
http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/73390/bring-on-the-gatorade-salavador-perez-details-catching-in-extreme-heat

article detailing how perez handles catching in the extreme heat. interestingly, it says that he will change his jersey 4 times per game when it is really hot. wondering how people feel about this - i am pretty sure that MLB authenticated jerseys of his do not mention this in the MLB database (if they were only used for a couple innings).

My understanding is, if a player wears a jersey on the playing field, even for one play, the jersey is considered "game worn/used." Is their an expectation of how much or long a jersey was worn/used to be consider a game worn/used jersey?

lengthwise1
08-26-2016, 09:10 AM
The reality is he's not wearing 100's of jerseys every season or you would see so many more. Sounds like hes got a bunch of jerseys in the rotation...

memorabiliaunlimited
08-26-2016, 12:20 PM
i meant more along the lines of how you would feel if you purchased a jersey that say was authenticated to a game wherein he had a good performance, but it turns out he only wore the jersey for a couple innings that game. similar to the issues raised with the haper/papelbon "fight" jersey that harper stated was not the correct jersey.

lengthwise1
08-26-2016, 12:22 PM
I think that's always a concern, but a valid one!!

Players are going to have a backup in their locker at almost all times.

3arod13
08-26-2016, 12:31 PM
i meant more along the lines of how you would feel if you purchased a jersey that say was authenticated to a game wherein he had a good performance, but it turns out he only wore the jersey for a couple innings that game. similar to the issues raised with the haper/papelbon "fight" jersey that harper stated was not the correct jersey.

Not good!