PDA

View Full Version : Any Kaepernick Collectors?

Swoboda4
08-27-2016, 10:02 PM
If Kaepernick were a stock, the news wouldn't be good. Aside from collecting (G/U) for collecting sake, investment buying doesn't look wise. Does anyone have any Kaepernick items, and what are your thoughts at the moment?

Swoboda4
08-28-2016, 12:21 AM
Maybe this should be the question; If an athlete (not necessarily Kaepernick) has entered the world of collecting, they have contracts with memorabilia companies, they regularly attend shows where their autograph commands a high price- should they consider more carefully the things they say that can effect their brand?

Dewey2007
08-28-2016, 01:35 AM
If an athlete, like Kaepernick, takes a stand and they have conviction in what they say and believe then I think they could care less about their brand. I imagine memorabilia company contracts and autograph shows are the last things on their mind.

RaiderNationPDX
08-28-2016, 01:53 AM
If this were Facebook and I could 'like' something, I would give a solid thumbs-up to Dewey's comment above :) .

bigben7
08-28-2016, 06:57 AM
Dewey2007,

I just sent you a PM.

Swoboda4
08-28-2016, 07:39 AM
You guys may be right, and thank God the Jets didn't get him.

cjclong
08-28-2016, 07:45 AM
Past Supreme Court decisions say that we don't force people to say the pledge or salute the flag. People have the right to make those decisions for themselves in this country. That said, Kaepernick should chose his words more carefully. Yes, there continues to be discrimination in this country, but it comes from individuals. This country does not "oppress" any race. That ended years ago.

both-teams-played-hard
08-28-2016, 11:39 AM
If an athlete, like Kaepernick, takes a stand and they have conviction in what they say and believe then I think they could care less about their brand. I imagine memorabilia company contracts and autograph shows are the last things on their mind.

Agreed.

Swoboda4
08-28-2016, 12:34 PM
Past Supreme Court decisions say that we don't force people to say the pledge or salute the flag. People have the right to make those decisions for themselves in this country. That said, Kaepernick should chose his words more carefully. Yes, there continues to be discrimination in this country, but it comes from individuals. This country does not "oppress" any race. That ended years ago.

Sort of, if you live in an apartment house that has crazy tenants, you don't hate the building-you deal with the tenants.

Roady
08-28-2016, 01:42 PM
He is nothing more than an ungrateful louse.

Trublubrucru
08-28-2016, 02:21 PM
When he gets cut, he has the freedom to move to Canada and bring his talents to the CFL.

both-teams-played-hard
08-28-2016, 02:59 PM
He is nothing more than an ungrateful louse.

When someone doesn't have a thoughtful, intelligent thing to say, it is always easy to insult.

kings418
08-28-2016, 06:06 PM
Maybe he was just practicing for the season, when he will be doing a lot sitting.

Buccaneer Madden
08-28-2016, 06:45 PM
He is 100% within his rights to not stand and we are 100% within our rights to criticize him for it as long as it doesn't go too far like any death threats or that kind of crap.

camarokids
08-28-2016, 07:01 PM
Maybe he was just practicing for the season, when he will be doing a lot sitting.

Great comment.

CollectGU
08-28-2016, 07:03 PM

This post is dead on. We are not an oppressive nation to races. There is racism and discrimination by individuals, big difference. We elected an African American president! Kaepernick needs to take a trip to the middle eastern countries that practice sharia law, an learn what oppression really is...

sox83cubs84
08-28-2016, 09:13 PM
He has a right not to stand for the National Anthem, and I have a right to boo him to kingdom come and boycott any advertisers he is connected with. The way's he's played, however, there aren't likely to be any significant number of those.

Dave Miedema

3arod13
08-29-2016, 07:25 AM
49ers QB Colin Kaepernick Says His Stand 'Is for People That Don't Have the Voice.' By not standing for the National Anthem, I don't see how this helps his or anyone else's cause. I'm sure his heart is in the right place, but his actions aren't. The National Anthem means many different things to many people. What did the National Anthem do to him to deserve his disrespect?

Juicyfruit66
08-29-2016, 08:08 AM
For an athlete to boycot an anthem simply based on his beliefs that there's many problems going on is a slap to the face to the hundreds of millions who make said country great. Another example of the "me" generation, where instead of thinking of the greater good he picks a selfish self centered way to "protest" a country that has let him prosper. During the 2010 winter. Olympic games I was lucky enough to be the one raising and saluting the gold medal winning country's flag and anthem up in whistler (vancouver). I was proud to salute the usa anthem just as much as any other country's flag I raised (I'm canadian) What immature guys like him need to realize is anthems don't represent the sins of the minority, they represent everyone. Sounds like he needs to go join NFL Players Anthems Don't Matter movement. My dad always taught me stand for any anthem being played and never boo it. And most importantly take off your hat! Proud canadian who appreciates his american brothers. Ps: we don't want him up here

Swoboda4
08-29-2016, 08:42 AM
Nice Juicyfruit66. I still don't know how any collectors of his items feel. I guess if you feel as he does and have a game used item you're happy, and if you don't side with him, you're not happy at all. Since I started this thread two days ago ,11 people have been killed and 38 non-fatally shot in Chicago, I think the "water" should go first to the biggest "fire" and it's definitely in Chi-Raq. As far as Colin he's going to be sitting all game anyway.

Stanley
08-29-2016, 09:53 AM
The national anthem is a musical composition that evokes and eulogizes the history, traditions and struggles of its people.
Sitting down during it's playing doesn't make you an enemy of the country, but it does attract attention.
Why don't we just sit and listen? To stand up means you have to give up what ever you are doing and concentrate on the country for a few seconds!" It gives us time to remember our past. Including the men and woman that made it possible for us to have this freedom. And one of the probably only vaguely patriotic things Colin Kaepernick will ever do. But it is also believing in the future of our country. To sit down during the anthem is giving up hope on the future on America.
Semper FI

3arod13
08-29-2016, 09:59 AM
The national anthem is a musical composition that evokes and eulogizes the history, traditions and struggles of its people.
Sitting down during it's playing doesn't make you an enemy of the country, but it does attract attention.
Why don't we just sit and listen? To stand up means you have to give up what ever you are doing and concentrate on the country for a few seconds!" It gives us time to remember our past. Including the men and woman that made it possible for us to have this freedom. And one of the probably only vaguely patriotic things Colin Kaepernick will ever do. But it is also believing in the future of our country. To sit down during the anthem is giving up hope on the future on America.
Semper FI

Well said! Anchors Away!

Trublubrucru
08-29-2016, 10:29 AM
In '96 the NBA suspended Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf(Chris Jackson) for not standing for the Anthem. He agreed to stand but close his eyes and bow his head to the floor and recite an Islamic prayer quietly.

As for Kaepnick, I see 49er's fans are already burning his jerseys.
I watch sports to get away from this type of rhetoric. I care nothing about players politcal views or ideals. His career in the NFL is all but over

slab0meat
08-29-2016, 01:29 PM
If he thinks the country itself is the problem, make a real stand by moving to a different one that meets his criteria.

ivo610
08-29-2016, 05:28 PM
If he thinks the country itself is the problem, make a real stand by moving to a different one that meets his criteria.
To criticize doesnt mean you hate, even Donald Trump's slogan is critical of where we are currently as a country. To want improvement means you love your country. To just leave and give up on it would be an unpatriotic thing, but trying to spur change? No.

Part of being American means you have the right to take stands against your country like this. Im proud we live in a country where we can take stands if we so choose against our country. Its terrifying what happens in some countries where you cant.

jbean023
08-29-2016, 06:43 PM
What's ironic to me about all this is Kaepernick said he won't stand for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. Obviously he doesn't understand the meaning of oppression and the other thing is if it wasn't for 2 white people adopting him who knows where he would be after being abandoned by at least one parent of color, to me this is a slap in his adopted parents face.

Roady
08-29-2016, 07:14 PM
When someone doesn't have a thoughtful, intelligent thing to say, it is always easy to insult.

The insult is the truth. No use beating around the Bush trying to figure out why he is an ungrateful louse. He just is.
Since you insulted me is your post still true?

Juicyfruit66
08-29-2016, 07:27 PM
Problem with the usa and most of the free world is many of today's 20 somethings have decided that there's no difference between staging a demonstration vs a riot, taking a stance vs doing something disrespectful. Freedom to do what you want doesnt negate the fact what you are doing is stupid. I think it's too late to sell his stuff.....the silent majority is always bigger than the vocal minority, his items will become worthless.

sox83cubs84
08-29-2016, 09:08 PM
For an athlete to boycot an anthem simply based on his beliefs that there's many problems going on is a slap to the face to the hundreds of millions who make said country great. Another example of the "me" generation, where instead of thinking of the greater good he picks a selfish self centered way to "protest" a country that has let him prosper. During the 2010 winter. Olympic games I was lucky enough to be the one raising and saluting the gold medal winning country's flag and anthem up in whistler (vancouver). I was proud to salute the usa anthem just as much as any other country's flag I raised (I'm canadian) What immature guys like him need to realize is anthems don't represent the sins of the minority, they represent everyone. Sounds like he needs to go join NFL Players Anthems Don't Matter movement. My dad always taught me stand for any anthem being played and never boo it. And most importantly take off your hat! Proud canadian who appreciates his american brothers. Ps: we don't want him up here

I agree. At Blue Jays and, in the past, Expos games in Chicago, I would stand and respect the Canadian National Anthem as well as my own.

Actually, in 1992, I intially had no rooting interest in the World Series between the Blue Jays and Braves. I did get one shortly therein when, during the pregame presentation of colors, some wiseass decided to raise the Canadian flag upside-down (this was in Atlanta). I thought it was a classless act, and it prompted me, for the rest of the Series, to cheer for Toronto.

Dave Miedema

Swoboda4
08-29-2016, 09:46 PM
I don't know if all this is a departure for Kaepernick, but there is a current article that his girlfriend has a great influence on what he's saying and doing right now. I looked him up on Twitter to see what he's saying and not someone else, and I observed that he re-tweets NY Daily News Shaun King pieces,who he apparently likes. The only problem is that King appreciates approaches to problems other than by discussing them. He had a article not long ago criticizing Michael Jordan for not standing up for issues during his career; so I know Colin had to have read that. Only problem is its real easy to do this when your half-way out the door. A Black President has been elected twice by a country that has majority of white people and he seems to think there is a systemic problem of bigotry. There's not going to be anyone left in Chicago so he and others better focus on that, and the pass thugs are getting killing and shooting Black people.......I still don't know who has Kaepernick game used items and what THEIR thoughts are.

volunteer
08-29-2016, 10:01 PM
Kaepernick has been fined by the NFL in the past for using racial slurs. Now he's wearing a Fidel Castro t-shirt. This latest incident just confirms he's a head case.

Dewey2007
08-29-2016, 10:34 PM
I always knew Jackie Robinson was a lousy human being...how could that ungrateful, high paid baseball player disrespect the stars and stripes like that...

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2016/08/29/jackie-robinson-i-cannot-stand-and-sing-the-anthem-i-cannot-salute-the-flag/

http://jackierobinsonchangedsports.weebly.com/military-career.html

Juicyfruit66
08-29-2016, 10:38 PM
I agree. At Blue Jays and, in the past, Expos games in Chicago, I would stand and respect the Canadian National Anthem as well as my own.

Actually, in 1992, I intially had no rooting interest in the World Series between the Blue Jays and Braves. I did get one shortly therein when, during the pregame presentation of colors, some wiseass decided to raise the Canadian flag upside-down (this was in Atlanta). I thought it was a classless act, and it prompted me, for the rest of the Series, to cheer for Toronto.

Dave Miedema

Haha I completely forgot about the flag incident!

Juicyfruit66
08-29-2016, 10:45 PM
I always knew Jackie Robinson was a lousy human being...how could that ungrateful, high paid baseball player disrespect the stars and stripes like that...

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2016/08/29/jackie-robinson-i-cannot-stand-and-sing-the-anthem-i-cannot-salute-the-flag/

http://jackierobinsonchangedsports.weebly.com/military-career.html

Did jackie not stand at the game as a player or is that jackie talking 20 years after the fact?

Juicyfruit66
08-29-2016, 10:49 PM
Did jackie not stand at the game as a player or is that jackie talking 20 years after the fact?

Cause there's a big difference between being a knob when retired and being a knob in uniform representing a team and city

Trublubrucru
08-29-2016, 11:03 PM
Jackie was spit on, slurred, and punched for trying to steal 3rd. No comparison. If he needs to make a political statement, take a couple of million, rent a venue, call the press, announce your canadicy, and launch a campaign that announces your beliefs and what YOU are gonna do about it. If not shut t.f.u.

64SHEA
08-30-2016, 12:46 AM
I have not been on the site in a while and this is the first post I see. I thought I could add to the discussion by sharing my grandfather’s thoughts (he served in the Philippines during WWII). A few years ago, we went to see Santana make a rehab start in Brooklyn. Two people in front of us noticed Johan did not come out for the anthem, and continued to complain about it for the first few innings. I don’t know why he wasn’t there, he was probably working with the trainer or doing some other work in preparation for his first start, but I couldn’t care less either way and neither could my grandfather. Around the third inning, my grandfather taps one of the guys on the shoulder and asks him what the hell he has done for his country. They didn’t say much after that, but I found out my grandfather felt the same way I always had. I always try to stand for any countries national anthem, but we couldn’t care less if someone doesn’t want to. Standing for 30 seconds or putting a flag on your lawn doesn’t make you a patriot, or even a good person for that matter. Go out and actually do something, buy a homeless vet a hot meal, anything. That’s my little rant on the subject, just don’t get me started on god bless America.

Juicyfruit66
08-30-2016, 01:15 AM
I have not been on the site in a while and this is the first post I see. I thought I could add to the discussion by sharing my grandfather’s thoughts (he served in the Philippines during WWII). A few years ago, we went to see Santana make a rehab start in Brooklyn. Two people in front of us noticed Johan did not come out for the anthem, and continued to complain about it for the first few innings. I don’t know why he wasn’t there, he was probably working with the trainer or doing some other work in preparation for his first start, but I couldn’t care less either way and neither could my grandfather. Around the third inning, my grandfather taps one of the guys on the shoulder and asks him what the hell he has done for his country. They didn’t say much after that, but I found out my grandfather felt the same way I always had. I always try to stand for any countries national anthem, but we couldn’t care less if someone doesn’t want to. Standing for 30 seconds or putting a flag on your lawn doesn’t make you a patriot, or even a good person for that matter. Go out and actually do something, buy a homeless vet a hot meal, anything. That’s my little rant on the subject, just don’t get me started on god bless America.

I think the main problem is he's not just some guy deciding not to stand ( i grew up in montreal having to watch tons of seperatists refuse to stand for the canadian anthem)....the problem is he's a paid athlete representing a city and is expected to stand whether he likes it or not. There's a reason teams and police and the military all dress in uniforms (not only does it make you recognizable but it also creates unity among the men and women). By being mister independent whiny pants he messed up his team and its fans. Personally i think his views are misguided and skewed by the media but hey, this is a sports forum :) basically leave your views at the door unless you are getting paid to have an opinion.

Juicyfruit66
08-30-2016, 08:12 PM
Read this today, really brings kaepernick's importance into perspective:

Chris Amos
Yesterday at 5:28am ·
An Open Letter to Colin Kaepernick,
Dear Colin guess you have been pretty busy these last few days. For the record I don’t think any more or less of you for not standing for the National Anthem. Honestly, I never thought that much about you, or any professional athlete for that matter, to begin with. I’ve read your statement a few times and want you to know I am one of the reasons you are protesting. You see I am a retired police officer that had the misfortune of having to shoot and kill a 19-year-old African American male. And just like you said, I was the recipient of about $3,000 a month while on leave which was a good thing because I had to support a wife and three children under 7-years-old for about 2 months with that money. Things were pretty tight because I couldn’t work part time. Every police officer I’ve ever known has worked part-time to help make ends meet.
You know Colin the more I think about it the more we seem to have in common. I really pushed myself in rehab to get back on the street, kind of like you do to get back on the field. You probably have had a broken bone or two and some muscle strains and deep bruising that needed a lot of work. I just had to bounce back from a gunshot wound to the chest and thigh. Good thing we both get paid when we are too banged up to “play”, huh? We both also know what it’s like to get blindsided. You by a 280- pound defensive end, ouch! Me, by a couple of rounds fired from a gun about 2 feet away, into my chest and thigh. We also both make our living wearing uniforms, right? You have probably ruined a jersey or two on the field of play. I still have my blood stained shirt that my partner and paramedics literally ripped off my back that cold night in January. Fortunately, like you I was given a new one. Speaking of paramedics aren’t you glad the second we get hurt trainers and doctors are standing by waiting to rush onto the field to scoop us up. I’m thankful they get to you in seconds. It only took them about 10 minutes to get to me. By the grace of God, the artery in my thigh didn’t rupture or else 10 minutes would have been about 9 minutes too late. We also have both experienced the hate and disgust others have just because of those uniforms we wear. I sure am glad for your sake that the folks who wear my uniform are on hand to escort you and those folks that wear your uniform into stadiums in places like Seattle!
I guess that’s where the similarities end Colin. You entertain for a living, I and almost 800,000 others across this country serve and protect. Are there some bad apples within my profession? Absolutely and they need to be identified and fired or arrested! But you know what, the vast majority do the right thing, the right way, for the right reason. Did I mention that seconds before I was shot, an elderly African American gentleman walking down the sidewalk, turned to my partner and I as we rode past and said, “Get them.” Get who you ask? The thugs terrorizing an otherwise good and decent neighborhood, home to dozens of good, decent African American families trying to raise those families in communities not protected by gates and security guards. No these folks and families depend on America’s Law Enforcement Officers.
Colin I have buried 7 friends, killed in the line of duty and three others who have committed suicide. I have attended more funerals than I care to remember of neighboring departments who have lost officers in the line of duty, during my career. Law Enforcement Officers with different backgrounds, upbringings, and experiences united by their willingness to answer the call to protect and serve their fellow citizens.
Colin I am sorry for the endorsement deals you may lose and the dip in jersey sales, but please know you will NEVER lose what these men and women and their families have lost. And so whether you stand or sit during the National Anthem means very little to me. As for me and the men and women on whose team I was privileged to serve, we will put on our ballistic vests, badge, and gun, kiss our loved one’s goodbye, for some tragically for the last time, and out into a shift of uncertainty we will go. We will continue to protect and continue to serve and we will be standing at attention Colin, not just for the playing of our National Anthem, but far more importantly for the playing of Taps.
V/R
Chris Amos

cjw
08-30-2016, 11:28 PM

Dave Miedema

As a proud Canadian, I thank you Dave!

64SHEA
08-31-2016, 06:27 PM
Thought some of you might be interested in this #VeteransForKaepernick is the eye-opening, other side of the Colin Kaepernick national anthem controversy (http://www.aol.com/article/2016/08/31/veteransforkaepernick-is-the-eye-opening-other-side-of-the-col/21462916/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl4%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D186090047 7_htmlws-main-bb)

BLANCO84
08-31-2016, 09:11 PM
ANYONE want to dump there kap stuff let me know

Juicyfruit66
09-01-2016, 07:04 AM
Thought some of you might be interested in this #VeteransForKaepernick is the eye-opening, other side of the Colin Kaepernick national anthem controversy (http://www.aol.com/article/2016/08/31/veteransforkaepernick-is-the-eye-opening-other-side-of-the-col/21462916/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl4%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D186090047 7_htmlws-main-bb)

Half those vets are prob fakes, other half is the vocal minority. First time I've heard the man speak, he isn't very bright.

wfl1974
09-01-2016, 09:10 AM
Read this today, really brings kaepernick's importance into perspective:

Chris Amos
Yesterday at 5:28am ·
An Open Letter to Colin Kaepernick,
Dear Colin guess you have been pretty busy these last few days. For the record I don’t think any more or less of you for not standing for the National Anthem. Honestly, I never thought that much about you, or any professional athlete for that matter, to begin with. I’ve read your statement a few times and want you to know I am one of the reasons you are protesting. You see I am a retired police officer that had the misfortune of having to shoot and kill a 19-year-old African American male. And just like you said, I was the recipient of about $3,000 a month while on leave which was a good thing because I had to support a wife and three children under 7-years-old for about 2 months with that money. Things were pretty tight because I couldn’t work part time. Every police officer I’ve ever known has worked part-time to help make ends meet.
You know Colin the more I think about it the more we seem to have in common. I really pushed myself in rehab to get back on the street, kind of like you do to get back on the field. You probably have had a broken bone or two and some muscle strains and deep bruising that needed a lot of work. I just had to bounce back from a gunshot wound to the chest and thigh. Good thing we both get paid when we are too banged up to “play”, huh? We both also know what it’s like to get blindsided. You by a 280- pound defensive end, ouch! Me, by a couple of rounds fired from a gun about 2 feet away, into my chest and thigh. We also both make our living wearing uniforms, right? You have probably ruined a jersey or two on the field of play. I still have my blood stained shirt that my partner and paramedics literally ripped off my back that cold night in January. Fortunately, like you I was given a new one. Speaking of paramedics aren’t you glad the second we get hurt trainers and doctors are standing by waiting to rush onto the field to scoop us up. I’m thankful they get to you in seconds. It only took them about 10 minutes to get to me. By the grace of God, the artery in my thigh didn’t rupture or else 10 minutes would have been about 9 minutes too late. We also have both experienced the hate and disgust others have just because of those uniforms we wear. I sure am glad for your sake that the folks who wear my uniform are on hand to escort you and those folks that wear your uniform into stadiums in places like Seattle!
I guess that’s where the similarities end Colin. You entertain for a living, I and almost 800,000 others across this country serve and protect. Are there some bad apples within my profession? Absolutely and they need to be identified and fired or arrested! But you know what, the vast majority do the right thing, the right way, for the right reason. Did I mention that seconds before I was shot, an elderly African American gentleman walking down the sidewalk, turned to my partner and I as we rode past and said, “Get them.” Get who you ask? The thugs terrorizing an otherwise good and decent neighborhood, home to dozens of good, decent African American families trying to raise those families in communities not protected by gates and security guards. No these folks and families depend on America’s Law Enforcement Officers.
Colin I have buried 7 friends, killed in the line of duty and three others who have committed suicide. I have attended more funerals than I care to remember of neighboring departments who have lost officers in the line of duty, during my career. Law Enforcement Officers with different backgrounds, upbringings, and experiences united by their willingness to answer the call to protect and serve their fellow citizens.
Colin I am sorry for the endorsement deals you may lose and the dip in jersey sales, but please know you will NEVER lose what these men and women and their families have lost. And so whether you stand or sit during the National Anthem means very little to me. As for me and the men and women on whose team I was privileged to serve, we will put on our ballistic vests, badge, and gun, kiss our loved one’s goodbye, for some tragically for the last time, and out into a shift of uncertainty we will go. We will continue to protect and continue to serve and we will be standing at attention Colin, not just for the playing of our National Anthem, but far more importantly for the playing of Taps.
V/R
Chris Amos

Wow...wow...I can't improve on that at all other than to say Amen...

both-teams-played-hard
09-01-2016, 01:04 PM
I support the military and the police (more guts than I could dream of). I also support civil rights. Colin Kaepernick is now my favorite player.

FIGHT THE POWER!

Stanley
09-01-2016, 03:22 PM
You ought to be able to find some cheap jerseys.
What "power" would that be?

both-teams-played-hard
09-01-2016, 03:37 PM
You ought to be able to find some cheap jerseys.
What "power" would that be?

The powers that be!

Juicyfruit66
09-01-2016, 06:18 PM
The powers that be!

This guy sums up what's wrong with guys who take kaepernick's lead. They live in a country where 99% of those in power protect them and would die for them and at the same time decide to "fight" the "power". Maybe like kaepernick he's watched too many youtube videos.....

Juicyfruit66
09-01-2016, 07:06 PM
Both teams played hard , i apologize....that sounded mean. I just lose it when i hear people mistake anarchism with civil rights. My bad.

gorilla777
09-01-2016, 07:15 PM
The dude is my least favorite "player", what a brat

Roady
09-02-2016, 12:32 AM
Just an ungrateful louse.

Juicyfruit66
09-02-2016, 05:12 AM
Just saw the pics of him at practice wearing his pig police officer socks. He said "I have friends and family who are police but I'm wearing these to protest the roague cops out there killing". That's the equivalent to me walking around chicago wearing a t shirt that says black people are killers then justifying it by saying I have black friends but I'm protesting inner city violence. When will the Nfl fire this Guy?

Swoboda4
09-02-2016, 05:21 AM
It's funny when union member Kaepernick, who would get paid for doing nothing if he couldn't play, has a problem with other union members ( Cops) getting paid, during an innocent till proven guilty suspension.

metsbats
09-02-2016, 06:39 AM
http://theundefeated.com/features/the-solution-to-americas-race-problem-isnt-written-in-black-and-white/

This is the way a professional athlete should be helping to address race relations in our Country. Talk about it and share your opinion. Pro athletes have a voice and can positively reach millions.

What Kaepernick did was take the easy way out which in my opinion was self serving, cowardice, sends a negative message, and will only incite more harm than good.

He is not offering any solution and is part of the problem.

Juicyfruit66
09-02-2016, 07:23 PM
Was in value village thrift store today and found his jersey new with tags haha made my day. Even in Canada either a store or collector dumped his jersey. To goodwill. I left it hanging.

Juicyfruit66
09-02-2016, 07:25 PM
So that should be a good sign his stuff is getting dumped, legit with tagging brand new.

cjclong
09-03-2016, 09:10 AM
There are bad apples in all professions. What Kaepernick is doing is stereotyping all police officers with the actions of a few when he wears socks depicting police as pigs. This sort of behavior contributes nothing to the discussion that he claims to want to have. We justly condemn stereotyping groups of people which is exactly what he is doing. And then to say that our entire country is responsible for the actions of a few, and it is a few, does his cause no good. All he is doing is attracting attention to himself rather than the issue he say he cares about. In fact, it just turns people off who otherwise might be receptive to a reasoned discussion.

Juicyfruit66
09-03-2016, 11:20 AM
There are bad apples in all professions. What Kaepernick is doing is stereotyping all police officers with the actions of a few when he wears socks depicting police as pigs. This sort of behavior contributes nothing to the discussion that he claims to want to have. We justly condemn stereotyping groups of people which is exactly what he is doing. And then to say that our entire country is responsible for the actions of a few, and it is a few, does his cause no good. All he is doing is attracting attention to himself rather than the issue he say he cares about. In fact, it just turns people off who otherwise might be receptive to a reasoned discussion.

Best quote on this thread by far

both-teams-played-hard
09-03-2016, 03:42 PM
Was in value village thrift store today and found his jersey new with tags haha made my day. Even in Canada either a store or collector dumped his jersey. To goodwill. I left it hanging.
Are you saying that you can get legitimate sports memorabilia at some thrift store? I don't believe you. Canada must have a great second-hand Market. I live in Los Angeles, Where the second hand market is piss-poor.
Please don't be dishonest to the great members of this forum.

Warren Trollmuch

Juicyfruit66
09-03-2016, 08:36 PM
Are you saying that you can get legitimate sports memorabilia at some thrift store? I don't believe you. Canada must have a great second-hand Market. I live in Los Angeles, Where the second hand market is piss-poor.
Please don't be dishonest to the great members of this forum.

Warren Trollmuch

Yup, brand. New nike on field legit with nike tags... Want pics?

Juicyfruit66
09-03-2016, 08:39 PM
o clarify it wassn't game used it was a nike onfield jersey brand new with nike tagging.

Juicyfruit66
09-03-2016, 10:22 PM
Yup, brand. New nike on field legit with nike tags... Want pics?

I've found majestic mlb jackets and hoodies with tags as well on occasion, sometimes stores donate stuff that isn't selling. As for nike onfield jerseys with tags, those would be rare to find... Hence it shows public opinion of theman may not be so great if his stuff's getting donated.

Juicyfruit66
09-03-2016, 11:03 PM
Didn't miss the Trollmuch after the Warren either, so not gonna bite :)

bgakladd
09-04-2016, 08:24 PM
Here's my thoughts......:)

both-teams-played-hard
09-05-2016, 11:33 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2661838-colin-kaepernick-has-49ers-top-selling-jersey-since-national-anthem-protest

Fight the Power.
I am not a racist. Some of my best friends are white.

metsbats
09-05-2016, 01:05 PM
It's all make sense now. He wanted to boast his jersey sales:)

gorilla777
09-05-2016, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I recall a comment from person above about white people believe there has been no racism since the Civil War? A blanket statement like that is over the line and pretty cheap.

coxfan
09-05-2016, 02:28 PM
This is one of those situations where there's some validity in all sides, so compromise and progress should be possible. Police of all races face great personal danger, and many give their lives.

But as a 67-year-old white southerner, I'm old enough to recall the days before Civil Rights. Our white family were good friends with at least two black families in our small Georgia town. Both those families were subjected to arbitrary searches without warrants or any particular cause, as was standard police procedure in southern communities until the early 60's, where those being searched were not white. I also knew a white deputy who killed an unarmed black woman, solely because she was drunk and disorderly, around 1960. He wasn't even placed on leave.

So it's understandable to me why there would be reactions of the kind we're seeing, because there's still fear the old days could return. They weren't that long ago!

The right way is for all sides to look carefully at police procedures, and seek areas of compromise where all perspectives are respected. But these days, extremism, not compromise, rules the landscape. The wrong way is to block highways, thus endangering us all. Protesting the entire American system is totally wrong.

Juicyfruit66
09-08-2016, 02:55 AM
I think what's happening is people have taken a valid problem (racism) and have lumped it all towards the police. You can't compare the 1960's mentality to modern times. Problem is people like Kaepernick are watching all the news vultures and social media and have been tricked into believing there is some sort of racial purge going on. All he's doing is building barriers, not breaking them.

coxfan
09-09-2016, 09:59 AM
Things are far better than the 1960's as I can attest from having lived through them in my teens. But a lot is still occurring. Shortly after Obama's election in 2008, my wife's cousin sent us childishly racist e-mails about Obama, until my wife managed to get her to stop. Recently, a state legislator here in South Carolina was circulating blantantly racist e-mails about the First Lady, until the local Republican Committee publicly repudiated his actions. He was defeated in the next primary, despite having served multiple terms previously; but he remained unrepentant, saying he'd been crucified by the "politically correct" crowd.

With stuff like that still going around, it is understandable that fears of returning to darker days are around, even if sometimes there is oversensitivity. But my wife and I are, like all independents I know, disgusted with today's extremism. Everybody's talking, but nobody's listening! And that goes for some on both left and right, politically. Where's the effort, from either side, toward moving toward compromises?

But this country's political system was founded on the idea that no one faction could dominate, so compromise would be essential. (Read some of the arguments in the Federalist papers, and other arguments for adopting the US Constitution in the 1780's. The founders were terrified that dominance of one faction could wreck a democratic government.)

both-teams-played-hard
09-09-2016, 01:17 PM
Coxfan,

Thanks for the intelligent and thoughtful response to this thread.

Dewey2007
09-09-2016, 09:44 PM
Agreed

Coxfan,

Thanks for the intelligent and thoughtful response to this thread.

Juicyfruit66
09-10-2016, 01:59 PM
Coxfan, well put. When you end up with "us" vs "them" it leaves very little room for "we".

gorilla777
09-23-2016, 01:50 PM
Give it a rest
The mods deleted much of that other thread due to the race baiting nonsense

metsbats
09-23-2016, 02:10 PM
Seems like we exhausted everything that needed to be discussed about Kaepernick collectors. Perhaps it's time we close this thread as it's not adding much to the original topic and has gone way off tangent.

G1X
10-01-2016, 02:18 PM
Seems like we exhausted everything that needed to be discussed about Kaepernick collectors. Perhaps it's time we close this thread as it's not adding much to the original topic and has gone way off tangent.

Thank you! The best post in this entire thread.

Mark Hayne