PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Steelers 95-96 Home Jerseys

Utopian2630
02-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Hey Everyone,
Hope we aren't all freezing to death! In the next day or so, I will be examining a 1995 or 96 Kordell Stewart home Steelers jersey ( I can't remember the year). I met a dealer a few months ago at a card show who had a handfull of Steelers gamers from the late 90's in his inventory ( no big names just commons). When he said that was just a sample of his inventory I asked if he had a Kordell Stewart and he said he thought he did, just needed to check his inventory. I got a call today saying he tracked down the jersey so I will be taking a look at it probably in the next day or two. Does anyone know what to look for as far as Steelers jerseys from that era go? He mentioned that it was a home Starter jersey from I believe '95 but since it's been so busy at work today I wasn't able to talk long. If anyone could tell me what to possibly look for as potential Steelers game worn jerseys from that era, that would be great. A Steelers Stewart jersey has been an item I've been trying to track down for years, but I want to make sure I make a responsible purchase not just buy on a whim.

Thanks!

b.heagy
02-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Found these 2 images from getty. first one is from 95 season showing Starter logo on the sleeve. Second image is from the 96 season also with a Starter logo on the sleeve. Many other images on getty from those seasons. Hope this is helpful.

Utopian2630
02-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the pics!! It also shows a good look at the NOB font which is what I wanted to look for (aparently the Steelers have a tricky font on the back name plate)

otismalibu
02-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Utopian2630,

Could you email me a list of the late 90s Steelers jerseys he has?