PDA

View Full Version : Spring Training Shopping

madlab7
02-08-2007, 04:23 AM
Do any of the teams sell game used items at Spring Training. I am going to Ft. Myers and want to try to hit some Spring Training sites if I get an off day, so I was wondering if any of the camps had a "store" that sold game used items. Reason I ask is that the Panthers and Falcons have sold game used items at their training camps in the past and didnt know if the same went for baseball.

madlab7
02-14-2007, 12:10 AM
Still wondering if any teams sell bats or jerseys at Spring Training. Any help would be appreciated as this is my first year going!

02-14-2007, 03:03 AM
This will not help you much since your travel is in Florida, but in Arizona I have experienced the Seattle Mariners selling game used jerseys in Peoria at the start of spring training a few years ago for $50.00 each. Also, each year I have gone to see the San Francisco Giants in Scottsdale, they have a stand selling cracked bats for various prices. Finally, about eight years ago, the Anaheim Angels used to sell cracked bats in their souvenir store for a few spring seasons in Tempe. I have been to the Angels camp every year since then and they have not had any bats or anything else for about six years.

I have visited all of the Arizona spring training facilities and these are all the game used sales that I have encountered. Has anybody else had any luck with game used items at the team stores at spring training sites in Arizona?

Tom Duino