PDA

View Full Version : Question on EBay Braves gamers now listed...

Hoghoo
10-09-2016, 11:40 PM
I have numerous Braves game jerseys and all have year tags and newer have set as well. Most of my collection is MLB authenticated for I got from the team myself but I am interested in opinions on a Fred McGriff, David Justice, and Tom Glavine road jersey listed now on ebay, the item numbers are 351871702915 for the justice, 331995252194 for the Glavine and 351871698189 for the McGriff. Could any expert give me an opinion as I don't have a road jersey of any of these guys but based on my knowledge I don't see enough to be convinced they are game used or issued jerseys. Thanks for any help

Phil316
10-10-2016, 03:17 PM
Do the away have year set tags ? I cannot remember. I know the home versions do.

Hoghoo
10-10-2016, 08:35 PM
I thought they had year numbers but not sure.

grandeleague
10-10-2016, 08:59 PM
Russell jerseys for road jerseys that year did not have year tags. Only the size tag and 100% polyester tag. Braves used wilson home jerseys in 1995 and thos DID have year tags.

grandeleague
10-10-2016, 09:01 PM
I have numerous Braves game jerseys and all have year tags and newer have set as well. Most of my collection is MLB authenticated for I got from the team myself but I am interested in opinions on a Fred McGriff, David Justice, and Tom Glavine road jersey listed now on ebay, the item numbers are 351871702915 for the justice, 331995252194 for the Glavine and 351871698189 for the McGriff. Could any expert give me an opinion as I don't have a road jersey of any of these guys but based on my knowledge I don't see enough to be convinced they are game used or issued jerseys. Thanks for any help

Set tags on braves jerseys were first used in 1999.

grandeleague
10-10-2016, 09:08 PM
Set tags on braves jerseys were first used in 1999.

Just to clarify a moment set tags appeared on knit braves jerseys in 1999. They of course were used on braves flannel jerseys.

Hoghoo
10-11-2016, 06:52 PM
So the Justice would be a 95, but how would you date the McGriff or Justice and what else can I look at to know it's a game issued or used? I just don't want replica jerseys so any help would be appreciated, what I'm hearing makes me feel ok about the Justice at the least being issued

grandeleague
10-11-2016, 10:30 PM
[QUOTE=Hoghoo;400227]So the Justice would be a 95, but how would you date the McGriff or Justice and what else can I look at to know it's a game issued or used? I just don't want replica jerseys so any help would be appreciated, what I'm hearing makes me feel ok about the Justice at the least being issued[/QUOTE
The justice would date to 1995 exclusively. The Mcgriff could be from 1993, 1996 or 1998. There was no year tags in the road jerseys those years so without a patch on the sleeve to date it to a particular year it could be from any of those years. Braves started using russell road jerseys in 1993. They wore them for the first time opening day against the cubs. Size 46 is correct for McGriff for a russell road jersey. I will have to check what size justice wore that year. One additional note: The name plates are placed awfully high on the Justice and Mcgriff almost touching the trim around the neck. That does not rule the jerseys out as being not authentic but I will check and see if some pics can be found with the name plates placed almost touching the neck trim. Tags on both jerseys are correct. Now all you need to do is verify size on Justice and name plate placement on both.

grandeleague
10-11-2016, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=Hoghoo;400227]So the Justice would be a 95, but how would you date the McGriff or Justice and what else can I look at to know it's a game issued or used? I just don't want replica jerseys so any help would be appreciated, what I'm hearing makes me feel ok about the Justice at the least being issued[/QUOTE
The justice would date to 1995 exclusively. The Mcgriff could be from 1993, 1996 or 1998. There was no year tags in the road jerseys those years so without a patch on the sleeve to date it to a particular year it could be from any of those years. Braves started using russell road jerseys in 1993. They wore them for the first time opening day against the cubs. Size 46 is correct for McGriff for a russell road jersey. I will have to check what size justice wore that year. One additional note: The name plates are placed awfully high on the Justice and Mcgriff almost touching the trim around the neck. That does not rule the jerseys out as being not authentic but I will check and see if some pics can be found with the name plates placed almost touching the neck trim. Tags on both jerseys are correct. Now all you need to do is verify size on Justice and name plate placement on both.

One correction. Mcgriff was not on the 1998 braves so the jersey could be either from 1993 or 1996. Sorry for the mistake.

Hoghoo
10-13-2016, 09:16 PM
What were your thoughts on the Glavine? Would it have to be the same years? I don't see any signs of washing in the bottom front tags