PDA

View Full Version : Baseballs From David Ortiz's Final Game

mrjohnmalton
11-01-2016, 04:41 PM
Does anyone know who acquired the baseballs used in Big Papi's final game? Was it the club, or was it MLB? When, where, how are they being sold? I am not a Red Sox fan, but as an Indians fan, there are baseballs I would be interested in acquiring from this game.

emann
11-01-2016, 06:09 PM
Fanatics ended up with some; if you're not a big Ortiz fan, they're not really priced for a casual purchase . . . If I recall correctly, they were all signed and priced at $2500 per.

mrjohnmalton
11-01-2016, 06:18 PM
Fanatics ended up with some; if you're not a big Ortiz fan, they're not really priced for a casual purchase . . . If I recall correctly, they were all signed and priced at $2500 per.

Even if I was a HUGE Ortiz fan, I wouldn't pay 2500 dollars for a random signed ball from his final game. That's crazy. I wonder if they even bothered recording details for any of the balls from that game since they just planned on selling them all as generic "Big Papi's Final Game" baseballs.

emann
11-01-2016, 09:02 PM
I wonder if they even bothered recording details for any of the balls from that game since they just planned on selling them all as generic "Big Papi's Final Game" baseballs.

The team doesn't usually add specific details to MLB auto on balls/bats/etc, so probably not.

Yeah, not cheap.

Beckster24
11-01-2016, 11:44 PM
I recently won a David Ortiz hit baseball from April 23, 2016 for $273 hope to one day get it signed

jojac
11-03-2016, 07:23 PM
Balls from the Oct 10th ALDS game vs Cleveland which was Ortiz's actual last game I believe were retained by the Red Sox and several of those have recently been sold on the Red Sox auction site. The balls that were sold on the auction site were authenticated with details from the game.
Balls from his last regular season game that was played on Oct 2nd are the ones that Fanatics is selling for $2500.