PDA

View Full Version : Advice on What Kind of Card to Send for Autograph

wsoxcubsbats
11-10-2016, 09:13 PM
I am asking what kind of card will the current baseball player sign through the mail. Example:There are cards with a photo of the sweet spot of a baseball. If so what dealer and what card would you recommend. Thank you.

Clare Jerabek
clarejerabek@wowway.com
wsoxcubsbats

wsoxcubsbats
11-11-2016, 04:33 PM
Baseball players don't sign 3x5 index cards any more. I have heard they will only sign cards that are not of a solid white due to the signature can be scanned and used to paste on flat items. Is there a set of cards that baseball players have agree to sign. Thank you.

Clare Jerabek
clarejerabek@wowway.com
wsoxcubsbats

sox83cubs84
11-12-2016, 12:22 AM
I'd be happy with any standard-sized baseball card, or marginally larger (1952-56 Topps, or 1953-55 Bowman). My only recommendation is to stick with less expensive cards of a player when possible. While the autograph, IMO, increases the value of the card, it decreases it's marketability. Most true card collectors consider an autograph a defacement of the card, and most true autograph collectors don't want to pay big bucks for a signed Nolan Ryan or Steve Carlton rookie card when they can get a signed 1980s card for far less.

As a collector, the bottom line is doing what makes you happy. The suggestions I gave are something to consider, however, in the event a family emergency or major expense causes you to need to liquidate your collection.

Dave Miedema