PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe what Lelands has done.

rose14
02-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Lelands showed real class in their email that was sent out to people on their mailing list this morning. Their wording was totally uncalled for. Here is what they emailed.

Size Matters
Shaquille O'Neal Worn Shoes For Sale
The biggest goddamn feet in the NBA comes right to your doorstep courtesy of Lelands.com and Shaquille O'Neal himself. Shaq has cleaned out his closet and these size 22 sneakers and shoes are perfect for your private collection, sports bar, restaurant, home, and great fun at parties. Each and every single shoe is signed by him "Shaq". Each single or pair will come with a Letter of Authenticity signed by Shaquille O'Neal himself!!!

hblakewolf
02-09-2007, 10:27 AM
Lelands showed real class in their email that was sent out to people on their mailing list this morning. Their wording was totally uncalled for. Here is what they emailed.

Size Matters
Shaquille O'Neal Worn Shoes For Sale
The biggest goddamn feet in the NBA comes right to your doorstep courtesy of Lelands.com and Shaquille O'Neal himself. Shaq has cleaned out his closet and these size 22 sneakers and shoes are perfect for your private collection, sports bar, restaurant, home, and great fun at parties. Each and every single shoe is signed by him "Shaq". Each single or pair will come with a Letter of Authenticity signed by Shaquille O'Neal himself!!!

rose14-
What did you find so offensive or classless? The wording "SIZE MATTERS" or "goddamn"???????

Assuming Lelands is trying to first, catch your attention and then sell shoes, this email blast proves quite effective.

Curious to hear your response.......

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

rose14
02-09-2007, 10:44 AM
First of all I think its obvious what word I am talking about and if your not sure it's not Size Matters. I am sure Lelands could have used other ways to catch attention like just using the word damn. Why did they have to add God to it? I know alot of people say it and I aso have been guilty of saying it but in my opinion an auction house such as Lelands should have thought better before sending that email out.

What's next from Lelands? You wont believe the fu#$ing $hit that we have coming up in our next auction.

camarokids
02-09-2007, 11:04 AM
I would say it's a little to more than a little un-professional, for there is an underlying issue here, religion.

Not everyone "believes" what others believe .

The auction house should've thought about offending their customers who are religious .

My belief is "Freedom of Religion" is also "Freedom FROM Religion" . I believe (not sure of what) a little in my heart and will say little prays to myself and almost always keep them to myself . I don't think you need to go to a multi-million dollar church and donate money to be "faithful" or a "believer". Without religion this world would be without many of the wars and battles being fought now and for centuries past . I don't go to church, you can have church in your own mind if you wish ........ Peace to all !!!

rose14
02-09-2007, 11:20 AM
I am not one of those religious types that freak out over every little thing. In fact I haven't attend a church service in who only knows how long, but I still think it was disrespectful, unprofessional and really served no purpose. I am sure there are deeply religious collectors out there that would find this appalling and could possibly hurt future business.

I just think Lelands needs to think and be more respectful before they do the questionable things that they have done ie; attempting to auction off pieces of the plane that Roberto Clemente died on. It's not going to stop me from bidding on thier items but who knows about the next person.

camarokids
02-09-2007, 11:25 AM
I agree , I bet they do lose at least a few customers ..... and field some complaints too......

kylehess10
02-09-2007, 12:03 PM
ie; attempting to auction off pieces of the plane that Roberto Clemente died on.

I thought that they never found the plane? Maybe not, but is this in their current auction?

rose14
02-09-2007, 12:10 PM
No, they tried to auction it about a year or so but it was later pulled from the auction after some bad publicity from the Clemente family.

hblakewolf
02-09-2007, 12:15 PM
rose14 or camerokid-
Did either of you bother to contact Lelands and voice your concern? I made a simple phone call and as such, you can expect the "offensive wording" to be changed in a few minutes.

Rest easy and enjoy your weekend-

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

rose14
02-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Wolf, I didn't care to contact Lelands as I wasn't offended. I just posted this because I couldn't believe they would send out an email to all of their customers worded like that. They can't go back and change what was emailed this morning. I think whoever is in charge of the PR department needs to really change thier way of thinking.

It was not a good business decision and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to think otherwise. Then again maybe they are rocket scientists as it has been a bad week for NASA.

Oil Can Dan
02-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Honestly, that is pretty shocking that they chose to go that route. I personally find it hilarious, but it is really shocking. I mean, it's a business related email - how do you not know that's over the line? Hilarious...

Spiezio23
02-09-2007, 02:22 PM
I got the email as well and I certainly wasn't offended. Granted I'm not religous, never have been and I never will be. I really don't care for those that throw it out there all the time, like you'll be saved, or those that bother me while I'm waiting at the bus stop etc. but it doesn't offend me to see it in print. Jim Yackel speaks of a god ever so often in his weekly musings, does it offend me, nope. Do I buy less from him because of it, nope. I just choose to read past it.

I don't really see the issue with the email but that's just me.

allstarsplus
02-09-2007, 02:34 PM
I just wonder sometimes who writes the descriptions for some of these emails or ads, etc. Are they stupid or ignorant or both?? It still wouldn't keep me from dealing with them as the company shouldn't be judged by the actions of one person.

I did call them and in the end bought 3 Shaq game used sneakers to add to my collection.

By the way, I spoke to Keith and they sold out by 9:15AM all the game used size 22's!

Andrew

TNTtoys
02-09-2007, 02:45 PM
And now that they have set precedence with the "size matters" email, how many of us will now be inclined to open spam that looks like the usual penis enlargement crap in thinking that it may be a clever marketing scheme for celebrity footwear.... hmmmm....

camarokids
02-09-2007, 03:28 PM
I wasn't offended by the wording in the material ..... I agree it was a gaffe as far as a business email ...... I'm not sure who Lelands was trying to appeal to ???:confused::confused::confused::confused:
I was just putting in my $5 worth and seeing both sides of the issue .... that religious people would be offended and people such as myself who think religion is for weak minded and insecure people , would not be offended .... not a issue here with me , another great day in paradise!!

both-teams-played-hard
02-09-2007, 04:10 PM
....people such as myself who think religion is for weak minded and insecure people , would not be offended ....

Funny, you say that Camarokids....I think people who drive Camaros are weak minded and insecure....

Trans-Ams RULE!!

camarokids
02-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Funny, you say that Camarokids....I think people who drive Camaros are weak minded and insecure....

Trans-Ams RULE!!

Actually I drive a Chevy Blazer full time and the Camaro sits in the garage. I am taking her out cruising tonight though ......

Pontiac's ???? Want to race ??? LS-1 baby !! Sunshine Speedway , Wednesdays are Amatuer's Night , if u live in FL . My friend is having his motor in his Chevelle fixed , then we're going to go out there and have some fun.. What year T/A do you have ??? another friend used to have a 1997 T/A ....you could have the same motor as me ???? it's all GM baby !

sylbry
02-09-2007, 04:34 PM
that religious people would be offended and people such as myself who think religion is for weak minded and insecure people , would not be offended .... not a issue here with me , another great day in paradise!!

Funny, I consider myself religious and didn't have a problem with it. In fact I had to read the post twice to see what was being referred to. I realize there is a very large difference between God and god. However I did find camarokids post insulting. My "weakminded and insecure" self is perfectly capable of looking out for myself. Think what you want about religion but feel free to keep it to yourself. A game used forum is no place to discuss opinions on issues such as religion or politics.

Bryan

camarokids
02-09-2007, 04:48 PM
I was just responding to the thread and off it went and was just voicing my opinion on the subject(s) . I believe Lelends started this by sending the email out. I apologize if you're or anyone else is offended , it just shows you can't lump all people together into a certian category, and I was wrong in my wording (wow ! someone admitted they were wrong in this day and age)..... ie. all religious people are insecure , all democrats are liberal, all republicans are conservative , all homeless people are bums , all cops eat at dunkin donuts, all women are cranky once a month , all cats hate dogs , etc.... maybe this thread should be deleted???????????? what do you think Chris or Eric or Rob ... mission control can you read me? who's at the helm right now?

both-teams-played-hard
02-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Actually I drive a Chevy Blazer full time and the Camaro sits in the garage. I am taking her out cruising tonight though ......

Pontiac's ???? Want to race ??? LS-1 baby !! Sunshine Speedway , Wednesdays are Amatuer's Night , if u live in FL . My friend is having his motor in his Chevelle fixed , then we're going to go out there and have some fun.. What year T/A do you have ??? another friend used to have a 1997 T/A ....you could have the same motor as me ???? it's all GM baby !

A race-car driver who isn't religious? Risky...
I lived in Central FL. for 12 years...Is that track near Osteen? Half-way to New Smyrna? I used to watch some amatuer races somewhere near there, I forget. I don't really have a Trans-Am..But I grew up in North Carolina and Florida, and have been exposed to Racing my entire life.

camarokids
02-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Sunshine Speedway is in Pinellas Park , FL , right next to St. Pete. When I was young people used to call it Penniless Park and Pineapple Park ??? It's a lot nicer there now ..... DeSoto Speedway is down south in Manatee Cty (that's a popular one too)....I am not religious as to speak , I don't agree with what's out there . But , I feel something and have my own little beliefs in my own ways . There have been many of times where I could've been killed, so maybe I'm still here for a reason.......

I also believe in UFO's , there are countless galaxies with countless stars out there some with orbiting planets , some of those planets have to be close to Earth and have life . ET where are you! We are NOT alone in the universe . After all humans are part star dust.....

bigtime59
02-09-2007, 09:40 PM
I'd just come back from a heretic burning to read this appalling thread!
In a world where a bunch of fanatics have the Tampa Bay MLB so freaked out that they've dropped "Devil" from "Devil Rays", and our our Iraqi friends kill each other over imperceptibly different (to me, anyway) flavors of the same religion, one would think they'd

n o t g o t h e r e . . .

...but for some reason they did. Once again proving the old family adage--there is no "i" in "knucklehead" but there is always a "u".

Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

Accepting death threats between the hours of 10:00 and 10:30 EST weekdays! :eek:

BoneRubbedBat
02-09-2007, 11:13 PM
I also believe in UFO's , there are countless galaxies with countless stars out there some with orbiting planets , some of those planets have to be close to Earth and have life . ET where are you! We are NOT alone in the universe . After all humans are part star dust.....

Sounds like a Tom Cruise rant.......LOL

camarokids
02-09-2007, 11:15 PM
I'd just come back from a heretic burning to read this appalling thread!
In a world where a bunch of fanatics have the Tampa Bay MLB so freaked out that they've dropped "Devil" from "Devil Rays", and our our Iraqi friends kill each other over imperceptibly different (to me, anyway) flavors of the same religion, one would think they'd

n o t g o t h e r e . . .

...but for some reason they did. Once again proving the old family adage--there is no "i" in "knucklehead" but there is always a "u".

Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

Accepting death threats between the hours of 10:00 and 10:30 EST weekdays! :eek:

:DThat has to be the funniest post I have read to date !!!!:D

kylehess10
02-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Just a heads up---They have removed the word from the hompage.

allstarsplus
02-10-2007, 08:02 AM
You have to believe that Joel A. is chomping at the bit to comment on this one!!!! (lol)