Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rose14
    • Dec 2005

I can't believe what Lelands has done.

Lelands showed real class in their email that was sent out to people on their mailing list this morning. Their wording was totally uncalled for. Here is what they emailed.

Size Matters
    Shaquille O'Neal Worn Shoes For Sale
    The biggest goddamn feet in the NBA comes right to your doorstep courtesy of Lelands.com and Shaquille O'Neal himself. Shaq has cleaned out his closet and these size 22 sneakers and shoes are perfect for your private collection, sports bar, restaurant, home, and great fun at parties. Each and every single shoe is signed by him "Shaq". Each single or pair will come with a Letter of Authenticity signed by Shaquille O'Neal himself!!!
  • hblakewolf
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: I can't believe what Lelands has done.

Originally posted by rose14
    Lelands showed real class in their email that was sent out to people on their mailing list this morning. Their wording was totally uncalled for. Here is what they emailed.

Size Matters
    Shaquille O'Neal Worn Shoes For Sale
    The biggest goddamn feet in the NBA comes right to your doorstep courtesy of Lelands.com and Shaquille O'Neal himself. Shaq has cleaned out his closet and these size 22 sneakers and shoes are perfect for your private collection, sports bar, restaurant, home, and great fun at parties. Each and every single shoe is signed by him "Shaq". Each single or pair will come with a Letter of Authenticity signed by Shaquille O'Neal himself!!!
    rose14-
    What did you find so offensive or classless? The wording "SIZE MATTERS" or "goddamn"???????

Assuming Lelands is trying to first, catch your attention and then sell shoes, this email blast proves quite effective.

Curious to hear your response.......

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Comment

• rose14
      • Dec 2005

First of all I think its obvious what word I am talking about and if your not sure it's not Size Matters. I am sure Lelands could have used other ways to catch attention like just using the word damn. Why did they have to add God to it? I know alot of people say it and I aso have been guilty of saying it but in my opinion an auction house such as Lelands should have thought better before sending that email out.

What's next from Lelands? You wont believe the fu#$ing $hit that we have coming up in our next auction.

Comment

• camarokids
        • Jun 2006

I would say it's a little to more than a little un-professional, for there is an underlying issue here, religion.

Not everyone "believes" what others believe .

The auction house should've thought about offending their customers who are religious .

My belief is "Freedom of Religion" is also "Freedom FROM Religion" . I believe (not sure of what) a little in my heart and will say little prays to myself and almost always keep them to myself . I don't think you need to go to a multi-million dollar church and donate money to be "faithful" or a "believer". Without religion this world would be without many of the wars and battles being fought now and for centuries past . I don't go to church, you can have church in your own mind if you wish ........ Peace to all !!!
        Thank you,
        David

This is my email address here!
        dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• rose14
          • Dec 2005

I am not one of those religious types that freak out over every little thing. In fact I haven't attend a church service in who only knows how long, but I still think it was disrespectful, unprofessional and really served no purpose. I am sure there are deeply religious collectors out there that would find this appalling and could possibly hurt future business.

I just think Lelands needs to think and be more respectful before they do the questionable things that they have done ie; attempting to auction off pieces of the plane that Roberto Clemente died on. It's not going to stop me from bidding on thier items but who knows about the next person.

Comment

• camarokids
            • Jun 2006

I agree , I bet they do lose at least a few customers ..... and field some complaints too......
            Thank you,
            David

dzscope at gmail dot com

Comment

• kylehess10
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by rose14
              ie; attempting to auction off pieces of the plane that Roberto Clemente died on.
              I thought that they never found the plane? Maybe not, but is this in their current auction?
              kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
              http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• rose14
                • Dec 2005

No, they tried to auction it about a year or so but it was later pulled from the auction after some bad publicity from the Clemente family.

Comment

• hblakewolf
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2005

rose14 or camerokid-
                  Did either of you bother to contact Lelands and voice your concern? I made a simple phone call and as such, you can expect the "offensive wording" to be changed in a few minutes.

Rest easy and enjoy your weekend-

Howard Wolf
                  hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Comment

• rose14
                    • Dec 2005

Wolf, I didn't care to contact Lelands as I wasn't offended. I just posted this because I couldn't believe they would send out an email to all of their customers worded like that. They can't go back and change what was emailed this morning. I think whoever is in charge of the PR department needs to really change thier way of thinking.

It was not a good business decision and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to think otherwise. Then again maybe they are rocket scientists as it has been a bad week for NASA.

Comment

• Oil Can Dan
                      • May 2006

Honestly, that is pretty shocking that they chose to go that route. I personally find it hilarious, but it is really shocking. I mean, it's a business related email - how do you not know that's over the line? Hilarious...

Comment

• Spiezio23
                        • Nov 2005

I got the email as well and I certainly wasn't offended. Granted I'm not religous, never have been and I never will be. I really don't care for those that throw it out there all the time, like you'll be saved, or those that bother me while I'm waiting at the bus stop etc. but it doesn't offend me to see it in print. Jim Yackel speaks of a god ever so often in his weekly musings, does it offend me, nope. Do I buy less from him because of it, nope. I just choose to read past it.

I don't really see the issue with the email but that's just me.
                        Always looking for Seattle Mariners & Anything of Felix Hernandez or Richie Sexson.

-Jeremy Morgan

Comment

• allstarsplus
                          • Nov 2005

I just wonder sometimes who writes the descriptions for some of these emails or ads, etc. Are they stupid or ignorant or both?? It still wouldn't keep me from dealing with them as the company shouldn't be judged by the actions of one person.

I did call them and in the end bought 3 Shaq game used sneakers to add to my collection.

By the way, I spoke to Keith and they sold out by 9:15AM all the game used size 22's!

Andrew
                          Regards,
                          Andrew Lang
                          AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                          202-716-8500

Comment

• TNTtoys
                            • Aug 2006

And now that they have set precedence with the "size matters" email, how many of us will now be inclined to open spam that looks like the usual penis enlargement crap in thinking that it may be a clever marketing scheme for celebrity footwear.... hmmmm....
                            Looking for ...
                            Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
                            Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
                            Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• camarokids
                              • Jun 2006

I wasn't offended by the wording in the material ..... I agree it was a gaffe as far as a business email ...... I'm not sure who Lelands was trying to appeal to ???
                              I was just putting in my $5 worth and seeing both sides of the issue .... that religious people would be offended and people such as myself who think religion is for weak minded and insecure people , would not be offended .... not a issue here with me , another great day in paradise!!
                              Thank you,
                              David

dzscope at gmail dot com

Comment

Working...