PDA

View Full Version : tim raines cleats

Juicyfruit66
11-23-2016, 10:48 AM
what are your thoughts on these cleats game used signed by tim raines? I'm going to compare sizing etc but I was wondering if anyone has seen Raines wear this kind with the metal cleats that also seems to have plastic ones built in? I checked out teammates in 1983 who wore these mizuno cleats but couldn't find any with the plastic parts (just metal spikes).

salukidave
11-27-2016, 10:50 AM
I have a pair of Raines spikes. They're black Nikes from either late with his time with the Expos or early White Sox days. They're a size 8. The spikes are your normal metal ones with no additional plastic spikes.

I remember Rickey Henderson wearing specially-designed cleats in his heyday. I wouldn't be surprised if Raines wore these.

Juicyfruit66
11-30-2016, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the info! I found out these have a mexico size 27.5 which equals an 8.5 which matches raines size. I also realize he played on turf as well as grass and had a billion different types of cleats. I found a pic where he may be wearing these but i dont see the plastic. Who knows, maybe camera cant pick them up:)