PDA

View Full Version : Dustin Pedrioa batting gloves on eBay

wfl1974
11-29-2016, 03:09 PM
I was curious about these gloves listed on eBay...Are these issued to the player and not used? Or are they made and, perhaps never issued?
I am a relative novice when it comes to baseball stuff...game used vs player/team issued vs retail...They have a photo match of the style and the seller does not represent them as game used, only Pedroia's color & style. I wasn't sure if these types of gloves, with or without the player's number, were generally available on the retail market or not.
I'd like to perhaps make an offer, but wasn't sure.
Any feedback is appreciated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351799462441?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Phil316
11-29-2016, 06:03 PM
Two scenerios probably.

Could have been issued to Pedroia for use but he gave them away instead of using them or they where made for Pedroia and got taken before Pedroia could use them.

I notice the seller has Alot of Franklin batting gloves by others players as well. Something to think about I guess.

mrjohnmalton
11-29-2016, 08:16 PM
It seems like the seller may have purchased a group of various Franklin pro stock batting gloves. Judging by the fact that he also has gloves from a players in Milwaukee, Kansas City, and Detroit, I would guess that they were made for Dustin, but never issued to him. At the end of the day, since they were never actually worn, does it really matter if they were ever "issued" to him?

carbonrosa
11-29-2016, 08:32 PM
I bought a pair of Robinson Cano issued batting gloves last year just like these on ebay and asked the guy how he got them. He told me at the All-Star game last year Franklin had a booth set up selling a small amount of extra pairs of batting gloves that they made for the players who ordered them. I believe he said that they do this each year to showcase their custom orders. I just wish that extra padding was on the left hand.

wfl1974
11-29-2016, 09:07 PM
Many thanks for the feedback & info...this has been a big help.

wfl1974
11-29-2016, 09:11 PM
Oh well...made 3 offers...all 3 were automatically declined. Guess I'll move on. Thanks again for the replies!