PDA

View Full Version : Francisco Lindor Game Used Bat - Why are there none?

centauri
12-09-2016, 12:20 PM
I have been searching for 2 years, checking all the auctions houses, eBay daily (plus an automatic notification), numerous contacts with the team. I have never seen a Lindor gamer come up. OK, maybe that is not 100% accurate - I have seen 1 from his AA minor league days, and 1 from a spring training prior to making the majors. But never a major league bat.

If you have one, flaunt it. If you *have* seen one, where was it?

memorabiliaunlimited
12-09-2016, 05:50 PM
ditto to this. i have never seen one anywhere, and i constantly search. would love to know where they go - i assume he keeps everything? in fact, i have never seen anything other than jerseys and hats (things the team has control over). betts is in the same boat, though i have seen a few of his bats leak out there.

yanks12025
12-09-2016, 07:31 PM
It seems a lot of younger players are now keeping all their stuff like Harper. Ive only seen one Yoan moncada bat, no Gary Sanchez major league bats, etc

brianborsch
12-09-2016, 09:38 PM
I have a game ready one from 2015 and an earlier game used one from 2013? I'll have to get pics...but yes, they are uber rare. I was waiting for a long time. We missed a game used Marucci of his like 1 month ago on ebay. Sold for like $500.

carbonrosa
12-09-2016, 11:09 PM
During the playoffs, I contacted the Indians GU department to see if a bat Lindor broke during one of the games was going to be available for sale and he told me that Lindor likes to keep his bats and that he couldn't get it. Who knows if that will always be the case but it does say that supplies will be limited for sale during his career, unless he stops hording them.

truvalue123
12-10-2016, 09:50 AM
Andruw Jones was a hoarder...Sheffield was a hoarder..they have both released in force!!!!!

anatfan09
12-10-2016, 11:01 AM
My guess is the recent one sold was a spring training model since it was produced in February. I have seen two game issued signed Lindor bats that the Indians had up during in game charity auctions.

tbone90
12-10-2016, 02:40 PM
I was able to get a Lindor rookie gamer in 2015 from the Indians. From pretty early, about 30 games into his call up. Shows great use ...

centauri
12-10-2016, 03:00 PM
Tony C - with all due respect, you are a dirty rotten scoundrel!

Joking aside, thank you for the post. I have never even seen one, so a picture is very cool. that is a perfect bat, and I remember he used LVS for much of his first year (for a while there he used a sweet two tone ash LVS). I have the rest of the current team, but I do not have a Lindor bat. The next one that hits the open market will go for a big price. Some pent up demand.

tbone90
12-10-2016, 03:08 PM
Lol. It was a complete right place at the right time scenario. Because of his hype I knew I wanted to get a gamer when he was called up and I go to quite a few games each season. The Indians have a game used kiosk outside the team shop and I asked the attendant if they had anything Lindor. He said everyone was asking for Lindor stuff but they hadn't gotten much yet and he had only seen one bat come through the store. He did go inside though, checked in the back and walked out with a grin and this bat. And I haven't seen another in the team shop since unfortunately. I've asked often and this season the response has always been the same, "He's keeping all his stuff."

centauri
12-10-2016, 08:52 PM
If you ever grow tired of it, I have a sweet Jolbert Cabrera bat that I might be persuaded to part with...

brianborsch
12-21-2016, 10:01 PM
As promised, here are my two bats. One is very lightly used from 2014 and the other is more moderately used from 2013. Both are uncracked. Enjoy!