PDA

View Full Version : Lou Lampson is he on crack

JRocker49
02-10-2007, 03:00 AM
I recently got a pair of thome cleats with a lampson loa that stated they were phillies cleats so i did some reasearch and found the philles never wore that style after a few more minmutes found they were from 01 which makes me happier since i have a 01 rd jersey and pants so almost the complete set how could a "authenticator" goof this bat i will try to post a scan of his loa which i will now burn. wish you could contact him to ask him a few questions about this

otismalibu
02-10-2007, 09:49 AM
My guess is that the person who created the Lou Lampson character is also the fellow that came up with the Twilight Zone's "The Old Man in the Cave".

JRocker49
02-10-2007, 09:59 AM
th eother thing is the cleats originally came from american memorabilia i cant find the link to the auction but i remember it maybe they could put me in contact with the mythical lampson

mfsquirrelmaster
02-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Lampson does authenticate for alot of auction houses like American Memorabilia, Mastro, and others. I'm sure there is a reason for that. I'm not defending his possible error, but it is possible for the dude to make a mistake once in awhile. If he accidently wrote down the wrong year thats no reason to bash the guy.

33bird
02-10-2007, 12:39 PM
If auction houses were smart, they would drop Lampson, as their authenticator for game used jerseys. I personally stay away from his stuff, unless I've done a lot of homework on it myself. Just my 2 cents.
G.Todd

both-teams-played-hard
02-10-2007, 03:02 PM
I'm not defending his possible error, but it is possible for the dude to make a mistake once in awhile.

Is "once in awhile" code for "always"?
I think all of these auction houses should use MEARS. At least they have an e-mail address.

thomecollector
02-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Ken,
Send me your email address. Roger

JRocker49
02-10-2007, 06:51 PM
roger it is kosar2579@hotmail.com

CollectGU
02-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Ken,

I must say I do find you amusing attempting to throw some pebbles from your glass mansion....Oh wait...your trying to make good on your transgessions...LOL The problem is to many on this forum - "your comin like glass I can see right thru" (coutesy of Method man). You have as much credibility as Steve Mitsurini...move on...

Regards,

Dave

JRocker49
02-11-2007, 09:05 AM
first of all your comment is not worth response. all i am saying is he made a big time error that is not excusable for the kind of money they charge for authentication the least you can ask for is accuracy if you spend 75 bucks for authenitcation am i nuts or unreasonable

JRocker49
02-13-2007, 03:08 PM
the plot thickens i called 100percentauthenic.com the number on the coa for lampson and got American Memorabilia. anyone else ever heard of a auction house having there own authentication company? I asked to speak with Lou and the girl acted surprised and stated she would clal me back so we shall see i will keep the board up to speed

CollectGU
02-19-2007, 10:24 PM
the plot thickens i called 100percentauthenic.com the number on the coa for lampson and got American Memorabilia. anyone else ever heard of a auction house having there own authentication company? I asked to speak with Lou and the girl acted surprised and stated she would clal me back so we shall see i will keep the board up to speed

Ken,

This was actually discussed on the board already - 100% authentic is not an authentication company for the public. It is simply their way to log and track the COA's for AMI so that they can track their Lampson/Case/Esken authenticated items they have sold similiar to the way Mastronet puts their name on MEARS COA's. This way they can differentiate from generic Lamson COA's out there, and if a problem with an item comes up in the future they can be sure it originated from them and rectify the situation with the collector if necessary....They do not do third party outside authentications for a fee like MEARS.

kingjammy24
03-09-2007, 04:32 PM
greetings dave.

"100% authentic is not an authentication company for the public. It is simply their way to log and track the COA's for AMI so that they can track their Lampson/Case/Esken authenticated items they have sold similiar to the way Mastronet puts their name on MEARS COA's. This way they can differentiate from generic Lamson COA's out there, and if a problem with an item comes up in the future they can be sure it originated from them and rectify the situation with the collector if necessary....They do not do third party outside authentications for a fee like MEARS."

i'm curious what the source of your info was? 100% Authentic's website states "100% Authentic, Inc. provides our clients and auction houses with the highest quality authentication in the industry." as well, if you go to http://www.100percentauthentic.com/AuthenticationStep0.asp it seems that anybody can submit an item for authentication. your story seems contrary to what 100%Authentic is saying about themselves.

the raison d'etre that you give for 100%Authentic seems a little weak given that unique LOA ids' could easily trace when, where, and for whom an item was authenticated. each LOA already has a unique serial. tying that serial to a database is all you need to log, track, and differentiate anything you need to. under your reasoning, lampson ought to set up a different company for each of his clients to enable them to tell his loas' apart. you said it's similar to how mastronet puts their name on mears' loos. in fact, it's not similar. neither mears nor mastronet created a bizarre little shell company like ami did. mastronet simply put their name on mears' loos. why then doesn't ami simply put their name on lampson's loos? why the need for this fictitious shell company?

allow me to offer a couple more plausible alternatives:
- lampson realized that his name is quickly becoming worthless (and perhaps even a liability) and foresaw a need in the future to be able to hide behind a new company name. lampson's errors could be disguised as 100%Authentic errors and not attributed to him specifically. additionally, if it's genuinely set up as a corp. then lampson could deflect legal action and costs to the company rather than to himself personally.

or

- all of 100%Authentic's authenticators are direct employees of American Memorabilia but AMI realizes this appears as a conflict of interest so they set up a shell company in order to give the illusion that these are third party authenticators. on the AMI website, they list lou lampson, bob case, chuck cirelli, denny esken, and willy steinmiller as authenticators who work for "100% Authentic" however when you go to www.100percentauthentic.com (http://www.100percentauthentic.com/), the only person listed under "Authenticators" is lampson.

rudy.

allstarsplus
03-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Who owns 100%Authentic? Here's what you get on their ABOUT US page:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
About Us
This is content area will contain about us information.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.100percentauthentic.com/AboutUs.asp

i know Ken called the # on the COA which must be the same one on the website 1-800-322-4033
they answer the phone AMERICAN MEMORABILIA..............DO YOU THINK THERE IS A CONNECTION?????????????

CollectGU
03-09-2007, 05:32 PM
100% authentic is simply what I stated it is. They don't update the website and have never authenticated something for a fee. It is simply used to track their certs like I stated