PDA

View Full Version : BCW acrylic jersey case - ever use it???

Qstick333
02-10-2007, 11:57 AM
I am about to start framing my jerseys for display on my office walls and I love the look of the acrylic frames that are wide enough for a bat as well.

Has anyone ever used the BCW frame? Here's a link to the description from a site I found.

http://www.tcbulk.com/scripts/prodview.asp?idproduct=248

I see these on ebay all the time as well. I'm a bit skeptical to order anythig I cannot see first - anyone have it? Are you satisfied with it? Would you order again, etc...

Thanks!!

Zach

Qstick333
02-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Since it appears this is not something anybody is using - what is the preferred jersey case that is in use?

Zach

WStiles
02-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Hello - I have not used that particular frame. I have tried 2 other style frames. A black plastic frame similar to the one you questioned from Bell Plastics and a large wood natural oak finish from Pennzoni. The plastic is a screw down style and I have found over the years that the screws eventually strip the plastic and lose their bite. The jerseys hang lose so if for example the jersey has a patch you might have difficulty displaying it properly. The Pennzoni cases are tighter and you can fold the sleeves to display a patch much better. They snap shut and are much easier to get in and out of. Only problem I have had with them is a couple of them have arrived and the wood is warped and a corner sticks out from the wall more than it should. They come in black as well as natural oak if you prefer that color. They were advertising in Sports Collector's Digest, but I haven't seen them in a few months so I don't if there is a problem there now.

Wayne

Qstick333
02-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Hi Wayne -

Thanks for the post. Do you happen to have any pics of the displays that you have? I've looked at the Pennzoni stuff online and never thought it was quite what I was after, but now I am starting to wonder. It seems much harder to find a quality frame than I thought. Does the Pennzoni still have room in it for a bat as well? I know you mentioned it was much tighter.

Thanks again for the help,

Zach