PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Ken Griffey Jr Reds TBTC to 1975 Game Issued Jersey

TNTtoys
01-30-2017, 01:44 PM
All,

For sale is a turn back the clock jersey issued to Hall of Famer KEN GRIFFEY JR, then with the Cincinnati Reds. The jersey was made for a TBC game played on June 3rd, 2000 against the Minnesota Twins, where the 2000 Cincinnati Reds paid tribute to the World Champion "Big Red Machine" team of 1975.

The jersey is a white home jersey with red lettering, manufactured by Mitchell and Ness. Mitchell and Ness made 2 jerseys for Griffey for this game. This is not the jersey he played in; it is the spare.

It is a team issued jersey, as the tagging on this jersey (red embroidered T.B.C. 6-3-2000) could only be found on actual gamers. Mitchell and Ness did a limited retail run of this style jersey afterwards, but the retail jerseys contained a different tag in this place, as a means to differentiate them from the real thing (I believe the retail tag was black and did not contain a game date).

Photos below. Pricing this at $1000 or best offer, as I really do not know what this one is worth. Would be willing to go a bit lower if it makes sense...feel free to send me offers.

Thanks,
Nick

mook03005
02-01-2017, 12:26 AM
nice jersey nick interested in a 1995 Jeff Kent game used mets jersey made by AIS as trade plus cash?

TNTtoys
02-02-2017, 11:43 AM
Jersey is sold; many thanks to the buyer!