Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metsbats
    • Nov 2005

Goldin auction record breaking prices

A 1999 Rickey Henderson game used Mets bat which was graded PSA 10 closed at $1593 including BP which I think may be the highest price for a Rickey gamer ever. A 2001 Henderson Padres gamer ungraded but with a Henderson coa was not too far behind at $1470. Both surpassed a 1983 Henderson gamer graded PSA 8.5 which went for $1033 in 2015 and two other PSA 10 Henderson gamers which ranged between $850 to $900 over the last year.

In 2015 a Gary Carter hit bat attributed to his 900th RBI from my collection went for $2541 which at the time was the highest price ever paid for a Carter gamer.

Keep up the good work Ken and staff and may you continue to set record breaking prices in 2017!
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.
  • truvalue123
    • Oct 2014

Re: Goldin auction record breaking prices

Pricerealized.com

Henderson bat hit number 2995 sold for $4,086 in 2002...
    2015 Feb8 th Golden Auction Carter bat from hit 1500 sold for $3630-same auction as the 900th RBI sold for $2488.50.

Best 99.95 I spend once a year...

Comment

• KGoldin
      • Sep 2012

Thanks, and thanks as well for detail
      I figure if it's a non event specific price that's good
      I was happy with the price on the game used bats across the board, and I know my consignor of a lot of those bats sent me a thank you email and was happy with results.

Accepting consignments for our Jackie Robinson auction as well as out spring auction

Comment

• seanbaseball
        • Aug 2014

I know that Damn Frisch game used bat did really well cuz it escaped me!

Comment

• Samets
          • Apr 2012

Walter Payton set did exceptionally well considering what it's previous owner paid for it.

Comment

• KGoldin
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Samets
            Walter Payton set did exceptionally well considering what it's previous owner paid for it.
            YEP. they are thrilled with the price realized of over $50,000 when it cost them $11,400 in 2008

Comment

• metsbats
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by truvalue123
              Pricerealized.com

Henderson bat hit number 2995 sold for $4,086 in 2002...
              2015 Feb8 th Golden Auction Carter bat from hit 1500 sold for $3630-same auction as the 900th RBI sold for $2488.50.

Best 99.95 I spend once a year...

Boy that was embarrassing. I missed the other Carter bat and that was mine too.

Thanks for the Henderson price.
              metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• metsbats
                • Nov 2005

Ken

The bar has been raised on Henderson bat final hammer prices

But I still think that was the highest price for a non special event or hit bat.
                metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• Swoboda4
                  • Nov 2005

The auction was good for buyers also. As always, a great auction. I finally got a Swoboda game used 1966-67 bat, MEARS A-9 for, are you ready-(show of hands who's into numbers?)-$444.04. I Sh@% you not.

Comment

• KGoldin
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Swoboda4
                    The auction was good for buyers also. As always, a great auction. I finally got a Swoboda game used 1966-67 bat, MEARS A-9 for, are you ready-(show of hands who's into numbers?)-$444.04. I Sh@% you not.
                    Congrats
                    And funny

Comment

• ChrisCavalier
                      Paid Users
                      • Jan 1970

Originally posted by Swoboda4
                      I hope you added a .40 tip when you made the payment
                      Christopher Cavalier
                      Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Comment

• TwinLakesPark
                        • Nov 2012

Just to mimic what was said earlier, I feel like there were some great buys in the auction with some under valued items.

Just an idea to throw out there Ken/Chris, what if you were to waive the consignment fee on item(s) in exchange for an auction credit? I would think this would increase your consignments and therefore increase the collected buyer premiums.

Thanks again guys.

Comment

• truvalue123
                          • Oct 2014

I didn't read that items were undervalued...
                          Would you explain how waiving a consignment fee for an auction credit would be a benefit to the auction overall besides forcing the selling to try to overbid to ensure they don't lose the credit(which may happen with the GUU night bidding),,,when you get a statement from the auction house, the proceeds of a sale offset the expense of a winning bid , anyway...
                          If I had a credit in lieu of a cash payout, and, I didn't spend it, I would not be happy...

Comment

• seanbaseball
                            • Aug 2014

What would be the point in waiving the consignment fee for Ken or any auction house? They would then bring in less revenue and even if that made the consignor bid a little more on items the auction house would only get a % of that "overbid" back as the majority goes to the consignor of that item. Sounds like a lose and lose more for an auction house.

But to argue the other side if Ken were to hand me free money each auction I would gladly bid more How bout it Ken?

Comment

• TwinLakesPark
                              • Nov 2012

It's a pretty simple concept...

I am not willing to consign my items at a fee of 20%, so I keep my 10 jerseys in my closet.

or...

Ken waives the consignment fee for my items and I send 10 jerseys into the auction, let's say at value of $1,000 per jersey. The 10 jerseys hammer for $10,000 and Ken collects 20% in buyer's premiums and I in turn have $10,000 in auction credit to spend.

Last time I checked, $2,000 is greater than $0, and I haven't even analyzed the additional buyers premium revenue because I have agreed to spend my $10,000 in the current/future auction.

What is so difficult to understand?

Comment

Working...