PDA

View Full Version : Jim Kelly autographed authentic game used/issued helmet?!?

RinTinTimmel
02-06-2017, 07:32 PM
Hey all,

Been reading here for years but just somewhat recently joined as a member to post things.

This is a proline helmet autographed with a authentication of the sig by Steiner. The helmet is what I believe to be game used or issued for Kelly. The helmet has lots of dings and dents to it that look legit and the helmet style and look goes consistent with what jelly wore most of his career I believe.

The inside has got a "12 Kelly" sticker that is attached and also appears to be legitimate. Can anyone and all please provide any input as to whether they think this indeed was game used and if so, possibly when? Inside of the helmet under the left ear pad is the code inscribed on the helmet "93016777". Does anyone know how to interpret this? Is it manufacturer code? Maybe 93 is the year 1993? Ultimately I'd love to get this authenticated somehow and or photo matched to a game, however everywhere I have contacted so far seems to think it'd be near impossible.

Let me know if anyone thinks they can help or know someone to contact personally and I can send some additional photos please!

I Am a diehard Bills fan and although ultimately I grabbed this for my own amusement to keep, I'd like to hope it was a sound investment also . At a minimum it is a nice authentic helmet with a authentic signature . This is my first game worn collected item, been collecting auto jerseys and auto cards as well.

Thanks everyone!

RinTinTimmel
02-06-2017, 07:51 PM
sorry for the delay posting pictures, for some reason having issue uploading any picture as it says it is too large (posting from my phone).

Any ideas on that also?

says "413 Request Entity Too Large"

RinTinTimmel
02-06-2017, 08:02 PM
1 of about 7.

RinTinTimmel
02-06-2017, 08:04 PM

RinTinTimmel
02-06-2017, 08:07 PM
last two. Sorry everyone, I don't know why these are showing up so large, they are under the Jpg size requirements by about 1000 so i don't know why. I even cropped them. any insight on all of the above would be helpful!

Thanks!!

RinTinTimmel
02-06-2017, 08:25 PM
test of them shrunk a little.

RinTinTimmel
02-06-2017, 08:32 PM
here we go.

RinTinTimmel
02-06-2017, 08:34 PM
ugh

jeseilheimer
02-07-2017, 07:43 PM
Huge Bills collector and Kelly fan. Unfortunatley I am going to say no to the helmet being game worn or issued. The bills emblem on the helmet is way to close to the white stripe that goes down the middle of the helmet. If you look at any game pics of Kelly that emblem is no where near that close to the stripe.

gobills123
02-13-2017, 02:05 PM
I agree, it looks huge (not just bc of the pics size) but that could also just be bc its too close as mentioned above.