PDA

View Full Version : Possible Thome photo match need opinions

JRocker49
02-12-2007, 10:20 AM
After finding out my cleats were not phillies but indians i did some reasearch on getty and found what i beleive to be a photo match the cool thing is in the photo Jimmy is hitting a HR where i beleive the match is is on the right foot towards the back of the show on the insdie part of the shoe. there are 2 unique marks on the white part of the shoe that line up perfectly here are the pics what do you think thanks for your help

bscott
02-12-2007, 10:33 AM
it does appear that those two marks do seem to match.
plus, the "25" looks to be the same.

-bscott.

3arod13
02-12-2007, 11:06 AM
After finding out my cleats were not phillies but indians i did some reasearch on getty and found what i beleive to be a photo match the cool thing is in the photo Jimmy is hitting a HR where i beleive the match is is on the right foot towards the back of the show on the insdie part of the shoe. there are 2 unique marks on the white part of the shoe that line up perfectly here are the pics what do you think thanks for your help

Love those cleats! Nice use! Looks like a match, but need a closer look to be sure. Nice cleats!

hblakewolf
02-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Style match....YES

Photo match.......NO

What specific evidence do you have besides "a black spot" that can’t be definitively matched from the photo to your shoes?

As noted in a previous post, the item in question must be clearly identifiable (i.e., marking, pinstripe match, etc.) between the photo and the tangible item in hand.

Considering Thome most likely went through several pairs of this style red Nike while with the Indians, you’ll need better evidence in order to make a “photo match” claim.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

ALWAYS BUYING PHILLIES, PORTLAND BEAVERS AND PORTLAND MAVERICKS JERSEYS

JRocker49
02-12-2007, 11:38 AM
i think those 2 marks that are identically spaced on the photo as to my item are a mathc but i think i will order the photo from getty to get a better view but thank you to everyone for their help so far

kylehess10
02-12-2007, 10:11 PM
I put the pictures together and I can see the mark you are talking about but I can't tell 100% whether or not it's a photomatch

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/kylehess10/thomecleat.jpg