PDA

View Full Version : The regular game jerseys worn in Spring Training

sox83cubs84
02-25-2017, 09:25 PM
While I know that all the MLB teams have those BP-style jerseys to wear in Spring Training, I'm curious as to who did, or will be wearing game jerseys, even just once, this preseason. Today I saw the Cubs and Dodgers both wearing actual game shirts in their Cactus League contests. Did anyone see any others?

Dave Miedema

metsbats
02-25-2017, 09:54 PM
Yankees wore regular gamers too. Caught yesterday's game vs the Phils.

yankees506
02-26-2017, 01:28 PM
Yankees have worn pinstripes for the first st game for a long time now, my guess is other teams have started to do the same for the first game.

Jags Fan Dan
02-26-2017, 07:04 PM
Looks like the Reds were wearing their red alternates against the Indians. Though they do have a very prominent "AZ" patch on the right shoulder to denote them being used in Arizona.

sox83cubs84
02-27-2017, 12:01 AM
While I know that all the MLB teams have those BP-style jerseys to wear in Spring Training, I'm curious as to who did, or will be wearing game jerseys, even just once, this preseason. Today I saw the Cubs and Dodgers both wearing actual game shirts in their Cactus League contests. Did anyone see any others?

Dave Miedema

I must clarify: the Cubs split their squad on Saturday. The game jerseys were worn at home against Oakland, while in their road contest at Scottsdale against the Giants, the team wore the standard spring training jersey design. The Cubs wore the home game jerseys again on Sunday while hosting Cleveland.

Dave M.

Jags Fan Dan
02-27-2017, 03:52 PM
Looks like some teams are doing so with the corresponding "state" patches, except the one picture I found of the Orioles did not have the same patches and the Red Sox did not appear to have any patches on their sleeves:

Jags Fan Dan
02-27-2017, 04:07 PM
Oops, meant to say the Red Sox did have the state patch on their red alternates, but did not have any patches on their home whites.

Jags Fan Dan
02-27-2017, 04:20 PM
In summary, here is what I saw going through getty...

All of the alternates I saw had the new state spring training 2017 patches on the right sleeve. However, the Yankees, Cubs, and Red Sox (and probably others) all wore home whites (striped for Yankees and Cubs) with no sleeve patches.

Abzk01
03-01-2017, 09:28 AM
If these were only worn during the preseason, what would they be considered? Would they be game used, preseason only, a glorified practice jersey?

I always wondered what people's opinions are on preseason only jerseys because some sell these as game used without stating they were preseason only.

Jags Fan Dan
03-02-2017, 08:40 PM
If these were only worn during the preseason, what would they be considered? Would they be game used, preseason only, a glorified practice jersey?

I always wondered what people's opinions are on preseason only jerseys because some sell these as game used without stating they were preseason only.

I think most would agree that spring training worn jerseys are less desirable than regular season worn jerseys. The good thing is these will likely be MLB authenticated so anyone who bothers to look them up before buying will know when they were used.

sox83cubs84
03-03-2017, 09:10 PM
Other teams that wear game style jerseys in spring training should do like the Tigers have done for several years, adding the notation "ST" to the strip tag.

Dave Miedema

sox83cubs84
03-04-2017, 11:56 PM
The last couple of home games, the Cubs have opted instead to wear the BP style spring training jerseys. What game jerseys were worn seem to be limited to the first two home games.

Dave M.