Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LarryWalkerFan
    • Sep 2016

2009 Albert Pujols game used All Star Game jersey varieties

I was wondering about which of these 2009 ASG Pujols jerseys is a legitimate gamer:

The Hobby's premier auction site for game-worn jerseys, graded cards, championship rings, and Hall of Fame autographs.

The Hobby's premier auction site for game-worn jerseys, graded cards, championship rings, and Hall of Fame autographs.

The first Grey Flannel / Rob Steinmetz one doesn't have the 2009 flag.

The Goldin / Dave Miedema one has the 2009 flag.

The second Grey Flannel / nobody one has the 2009 flag.

I know Rob is a mod here, and Dave is a well respected member, so I'm mainly trying to find out whether the flag is supposed to be there or not. Also, I think it's entirely possible that all Cardinals jerseys in 2009 had the flag, which would complicate things even further.
  • seanbaseball
    • Aug 2014

Re: 2009 Albert Pujols game used All Star Game jersey varieties

Here is a 100% legit one. Upper Deck authenticated.
    Attached Files

Comment

• seanbaseball
      • Aug 2014

Heres the LOA.
      Attached Files

Comment

• LarryWalkerFan
        • Sep 2016

Thanks. I was really wondering because seller justzach1309 is insistent that his jersey without the flag is legit:

Comment

• seanbaseball
          • Aug 2014

That jersey is cut too short. Beware of JUSTZACH! His actual name is Jeff Sullivan. Search his name. He has as many "legit" Pujols and Mac jerseys as there are days in a year. Just not possible and the majority of his stuff has issues. My favorite was his 04 World Series Pujols jersey with a retail patch. Lol. Totally wrong patch and he insisted it was good. Search 2004 Pujols World Series Jersey on this site and u can read the pathetic story.

Comment

• Birdbats
            • Nov 2005

After Majestic took over from Rawlings in 2003, it wasn't unusual to see year flag inconsistencies on Cardinals jerseys for a brief period. But, by 2009, it would be considered highly unusual for a Cardinals regular-season gamer to not have a year flag. At the same time, it was common for Cardinals spring training jerseys to NOT have year flags. To me, any 2009 Cardinals jersey said to be a regular-season shirt -- with the ASG patch (which wasn't worn in the spring) -- is suspect if it doesn't have a year flag. Won't say it's fake with certainty because we've all seen exceptions to the rules... but I wouldn't want it in my collection.
            Jeff Scott
            birdbats@charter.net
            http://www.birdbats.com

Comment

• sherbal15
              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by seanbaseball
              That jersey is cut too short. Beware of JUSTZACH! His actual name is Jeff Sullivan. Search his name. He has as many "legit" Pujols and Mac jerseys as there are days in a year. Just not possible and the majority of his stuff has issues. My favorite was his 04 World Series Pujols jersey with a retail patch. Lol. Totally wrong patch and he insisted it was good. Search 2004 Pujols World Series Jersey on this site and u can read the pathetic story.
              When I see his listings it is like....
              Attached Files

Comment

• flota89
                • Jul 2009

Also, by 2009 Pujols had been having jerseys hemmed professionally for years. This one is cut.
                Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
                flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...