PDA

View Full Version : Is your g/u business/collecting picking up some pace? Mine is !

camarokids
02-13-2007, 11:21 PM
After a bit a dry spell of not acquiring any game bats , it seems things are picking up . I finally found and bought a Devil Rays pitcher's bat ( a first for me) . It's a Rawlings Jorge Sosa , with a ton of rack marks but no use that I can see . Some dealers call rack marks use . Has his #59 on both ends . Stamped 2002 his rookie year . Only one problem he never got a chance to have an American League at-bat . I would assume that would explain the lack of use . Also got a Old Hickory Greg Vaughn . will post pistures tomorrow. Goog night to all except on the west coast, you're still out having fun !

camarokids
02-15-2007, 03:58 PM
just ordered 4 bats from Left Field Collectibles today , got like 3 more still coming from ebay and I got to meet a ebayer at his work to pick a Old Hickory Sandberg bat he found last night . I won two bat off him and asked him to check for more, meeting him at 5pm.....when it rains it pours .....at this rate I should break the 150 (all Devil Rays) mark before opening day.......

Qstick333
02-15-2007, 04:13 PM
150 - Wow! How do you store all those bats? Any pics?

ZH

camarokids
02-15-2007, 06:48 PM
They are all in a closet , I can try and do a pic to show the entire display better , but w/having to size the pics down , makes it harder. A few months ago I didn't know how to post pics online or download pics ......stay tuned...:)

LWMM
02-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Nice bat---I saw that one (he once struck out the first nine batters he faced at AAA Durham, and his name randomly popped into my head when I was on eBay), but decided against it.

camarokids
02-15-2007, 07:32 PM
hi there Luc,
Talking about the Jorge Sosa right ? Well I'm glad you decided not to bid, kept the price down , thanks... getting ready to post pics now gotta download and size down first.....

camarokids
02-15-2007, 07:41 PM
here's the pics , currently I have 120 + 7 payed for and on the way . I picked up 11 or 12 in the last week . As long as people keep selling bats I should be able to get 23 in 6 weeks . one of pic was still too large . will add more later.

camarokids
03-28-2007, 11:05 PM
Well , I am getting closer to my estimate of 150 devil ray bats b4 opening day . Unless things pick up I will end up with around 140 , 10 short . I have to re-count them this week ....still a few days left ....

suave1477
03-29-2007, 02:10 AM
Hello Camaro,

I particularly like the Felix Escalona bat, the Yankees had him in 2005 kept him in the minors till he was brought up when AROD got hurt then Jeter to back them upI was dissapointed when they sent him back down. I have his Game Used Jersey from the Yankees.
I dont know where he is at now but he was a good player.

camarokids
05-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Hello Camaro,

I particularly like the Felix Escalona bat, the Yankees had him in 2005 kept him in the minors till he was brought up when AROD got hurt then Jeter to back them upI was dissapointed when they sent him back down. I have his Game Used Jersey from the Yankees.
I dont know where he is at now but he was a good player.

Hi there Suave,
I like the Escalona myself, I got it from Blue Chip Sports and rather cheap . Plus it is signed nicely in black sharpie and a rookie bat of his .

What's up with the Yanks (not trying to rub anything in) ? Are they starting to turn it around ? What do you think? Looks like it ! They're catching up to the .500 mark, one game away . Does anyone think Clemens will help out ? The Devil Rays aren't looking too shabby for having a poor pitching staff ....
Thanks,
David

suave1477
05-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Camaro yeah I dont understand the Yankees moves sometimes and I know I would get slammed for some of my feelings about expecially I think they should have kept Bubba Crosby over Damon but thats just me.

Well it looks like we might get there, but we still got a long ways to go. I definitely think Clemens will help but I always believe we will know exactly where were at, after the mid season trades.

34swtns
05-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Hey camaro, I had to set up for the homeshow at the Trop today and figured you'd get a kick out of a couple of pics. First is our display and next is my buddy Chris in the on-deck circle. :rolleyes: BTW, the new turf is terrible. Like walking on spongecake with millions of little rubber particles getting in your shoes at the same time.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i56/34swtns/05-08-07_1449.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i56/34swtns/05-08-07_1451.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i56/34swtns/05-08-07_1506.jpg

camarokids
05-08-2007, 11:14 PM
wow ! the stadium looks that empty when they are having a game ...... LOL ... they have been only doing what 8k a game ?

Carl Crawford was complaining about leg pain from the new turf, it was in the paper last week .

If you are new to the area and in town for a few nights , go to Wing House on US 19 just past Park Blvd. on your left going North . The girls are young, cute and friendly and the food is great ! the wings are great too !

gatorcollector
05-09-2007, 08:26 AM
camarokids, would you be interested in selling one of your Herb Perry bats? He's an old Florida Gator.

camarokids
05-09-2007, 03:14 PM
camarokids, would you be interested in selling one of your Herb Perry bats? He's an old Florida Gator.

I have a 1998 and 1999 , no duplicates right now . I would like to find a 2000 model of his. Unfortunately I wish to keep both . I will keep an eye out for a Herb Perry for you though . Thanks for the interest !

camarokids
06-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Hi there! Hope your collecting is going well .

Just an update on my collection . I am down to needing only *44* Devil Rays position players to be complete from 1998 thru 2006 . One good thing a lot of the ones I need from 2005 and 2006 are on the 2007 roster.

So at the end of 2007 , I should not have to add too many players to my list .

indyred
06-13-2007, 12:06 PM
I guess we all know when the D Rays open up a Museum at the stadium they can call Camarokids for some sweet gamers to do a display. So what would be your top 10 favorites from them? You have to have the finest collection of Devil Ray game used bats on the planet. Nice work!

camarokids
06-13-2007, 12:24 PM
I guess we all know when the D Rays open up a Museum at the stadium they can call Camarokids for some sweet gamers to do a display. So what would be your top 10 favorites from them? You have to have the finest collection of Devil Ray game used bats on the planet. Nice work!

Thanks for the compliment ! That is my goal to have the BEST Devil Rays bat collection !

They already have the Ted Williams Museum housed in The Trop . I thought most of the Devil Rays displays were lame . There were two items there I would love to have .

Fred McGriff Batting helmet he wore for his 400 HR and 3000th RBI

Wade Boggs Fielding glove

Now most of the vintage stuff looked GREAT , some of the jerseys in there looked like replicas though . I will look again tonight !