PDA

View Full Version : Please Read - New Policy Regarding Website Links

ChrisCavalier
02-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Hello Everyone,

Over the last few days, we have received a number of inquires regarding the policy about website promotions and advertising. Specifically, members have suggested there is a difference between someone who is simply trying to share information for the benefit of the collecting community and someone who is trying to attempting to advertise on the site for free. We have considered these comments and believe they are valid. For example, Jeff Scott's site at birdbats.com is a great resource for bat collectors, especially Cardinals fans. Thus, we are only to happy to avail collectors to the knowledge and information Jeff is willing to share with our members.

Given we are a website that is designed to help collectors every way possible, we have decided to allow the listing of links (including in signatures) that are intended to help share information with collectors. However, given we do have paid advertisers on the site (and likely will have more in the future), we simply ask that you please do not abuse this privilege and attempt to advertise a site in a fashion that paid advertisers are doing.

As I mentioned in a previous post, we offer many services free to members and do not ask them to contribute to the associated costs. It is our way of trying to help the hobby as much as possible. While we have invested a lot of our money on this site to date, one possible way for us to cover some of the ongoing costs (there are costs every month to keep it going and growing) will be for us to sell advertising to interested entities. I understand there this is a fine line between trying to share information and trying to advertise and this is something we really don't want to have to try to police. We are a site designed to help collectors and believe we can trust our members to honor this request.

In addition, for those people simply wanting to show their collections to others, please note you can do so by providing your links or posting your images in the Hobby Network section of the site. For those that are not aware, members can host images in the Hobby Network of GUU for free as part of any complimentary membership.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions and thanks to all the members on the site who have contacted me to helped us understand how we can better serve the collecting community. I am truly grateful to those who helped me understand this point.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe