PDA

View Full Version : I can stop looking: 2015 Syndergaard BP jersey

Swoboda4
05-02-2017, 09:00 AM
I've already acquired Wright's and Matz's 2015 WS Batting Practice jersey and I was on a quest for Syndergaard's. If you quietly persist sometimes you get what you're looking for; sometimes you realize probable bad news:

seanbaseball
05-02-2017, 09:42 AM
LOL. Horror!:eek:

lengthwise1
05-02-2017, 01:13 PM
How do you know, assuming you have a photo match tho those white marks?

Swoboda4
05-02-2017, 09:20 PM
I hope you're right; hence the word probable-but this is not good. To the photos....

truvalue123
05-02-2017, 10:04 PM
If it is a 2015 card how could they purchase, cut, manufacture, and deliver a 2015
World Series BP jersey?

yankees506
05-02-2017, 11:18 PM
2015 panini national treasures release date 1/8/2016 so it's possible. I don't collect mets or know anything about this card and suspect there where many Noah bp jerseys as the amazins always seem to pump out hot items

Swoboda4
05-03-2017, 07:48 AM
That release date is not good news. The thing with the BP jerseys is that they(Mets) didn't pump them out, new ones almost everyday, like the regular game jerseys. The David Wright WS BP jersey I have photo matched throughout the playoffs, September and back to August. The tags are hanging off and the same jersey, for some reason, appears to have been used regularly. I'm sure each player had more than one BP jersey (and maybe a locker room photo will show what's hanging in the lockers). So to me, with the 2015 WS Syndergaard game three jersey astronomically way out of reach, the game three BP jersey that he warmed up in is a significant piece of memorabilia that quietly was (is?) attainable.

TBM
05-03-2017, 11:28 AM
Its been awhile since I watched the videos but on youtube.com - https://youtu.be/s-jfF974mAs - there are videos that detail the process of making a memorabilia card. I am not familiar with their production schedule. In one of their videos it takes several months from acquiring the item (jersey in this case) to the product being available on the shelves of a store. I am 99% absolutely positive that the card you posted a picture of does not contain a piece of a 2015 WS BP jersey. The timeframe just does not work out.

Lets take a look at best case scenario:

2015 WS was October 27 to November 1, 2015. Assuming that the card graphics were already created by November 1, 2015 and that he used the same BP jersey throughout the WS that would leave 49 days for the card to be produced. I do not think the process is that quick especially for an autographed card (an exception may be if it was a redemption card put into the packs).

Lets work backwards, the set is released 01/08/2016 by an earlier account that is 49 days not counting holidays and weekends since the end of the WS. That product needs to be at the store by that date. They had to be shipped. Standard shipping was probably 3 - 5 days plus the holiday weekend for Jan 1. Lets say Thursday December 31, 2015 they left the Distribution center. Which means that the cases had to be at a distributor at least a couple weeks prior so that puts the cases at the DC Friday December 18, 2015 at the latest and you have to account for the upcoming Christmas break too.

That leaves 35 days since the end of the WS. They need to ship to the distributor lets say 5 days shipping. Now we are at 30 days WS ended. They need to put the cards into packs (how many cards were produced and how fast can they pack them?) Lets say two weeks to pack the assorted cards into packs and packs into boxes. Now we are down to 20 days (not including weekends).

They must send the cards out to be signed by Noah so lets say that is a two week turn around to send them out and get them back. Now we are down to 10 days since the end of the WS.

They have to slice up the jersey and put the swatches into the printed card. lets give them a week to get this done as it does not happen over night. so that is 5 days since WS ended. They have to purchase, obtain and bring the jersey to the factory. Lets give a week for that. So 0 days since WS ended.

Now you have to count on the reaction of the WS loss to the Royals and the toll that took on the Mets players and staff. They aren't doing anything for at least a good week because they are moping around with heads hung low. So that puts you at -5 WSLD (World Series Loss Day) or 5 days prior to the end of the WS.

OK, Ok I do not know their exact schedule for manufacturing, packing and shipping and these are all made up timelines that I see as being the best case scenario. So given the most optimal of schedules it barley works out. I think the actual product is finished much sooner than I have it being in this example. I'm quite sure that the cards were produced prior to the WS happening and that the itty bitty piece of BP jersey you see was from earlier in the year and not from the playoff or WS timeframe. In order to hit a release date the product has to be ready to ship weeks or even months in advance in my opinion.

Swoboda4
05-03-2017, 08:31 PM
TBM, thanks and a pretty sound analysis. OK, I feel better (and why not just call Amazin memorabilia one last time). The one thing that bothers me is that the photo of Syndergaard is an unlicensed MLB photo without team markings. You would think an important rookie G/U piece would have the extra step of a photo of him wearing the jersey at least. Could be indicative of a rush job, with the card and signature done in advance. I'm sure the planning for the card was before the World Series, so some work already done. Thank you again, and I owe this thread a call back to Amazin Memorabilia.

Swoboda4
05-03-2017, 08:46 PM
New ebay offerings:

nevrdiez34
05-03-2017, 10:43 PM
TBM, thanks and a pretty sound analysis. OK, I feel better (and why not just call Amazin memorabilia one last time). The one thing that bothers me is that the photo of Syndergaard is an unlicensed MLB photo without team markings. You would think an important rookie G/U piece would have the extra step of a photo of him wearing the jersey at least. Could be indicative of a rush job, with the card and signature done in advance. I'm sure the planning for the card was before the World Series, so some work already done. Thank you again, and I owe this thread a call back to Amazin Memorabilia.

I believe Topps has the exclusive MLB licensing rights for baseball cards. Panini can produce cards, however none of their cards from the last few years have MLB logos. I have collected cards in a number of years but I think this is the case.

TBM
05-04-2017, 11:49 AM
I believe Topps has the exclusive MLB licensing rights for baseball cards. Panini can produce cards, however none of their cards from the last few years have MLB logos. I have collected cards in a number of years but I think this is the case.

You are correct about this. Topps is the only card company that has the MLB licensing. All other card companies like Panini cannot use any MLB markings, team names or logos on their cards. That is the reason you see the NY missing or blotched out on the hats and jerseys. Every single Panini card is like this. You will also see that they do not use the team name on the card. Instead they use "New York", its the same deal they can not put "Mets" on the card. If it was a Royals player it would be "Kansas City" for the team and no team identification on hat or jersey. This is one reason why these cards are less desirable than the Topps cards, however I like their memorabilia/autograph cards (not that I like tiny cut up pieces of memorabilia but if they are going to do it may as well do it good).

Topps is the only cards that will have team names and logos on them.

truvalue123
05-04-2017, 02:52 PM
Swoboda, there are two Getty Images of Noah from the WS in his BP jersey..one shows the front, one shows the back..