PDA

View Full Version : Jonny Gomes Max bat on ebay from ESM , what do you think?

camarokids
02-14-2007, 02:45 PM
Hi , what do think about the Gomes gamer on ebay right now? I have emailed ESM and asked for a better description of the game use. Their description says "shows good game use" , the bat looks pretty clean . I am curious as what type of use . There are weird looking brown streaks or water stains (skid marks, LOL:D) on the barrel . On other Gomes gamers I have seen and own , there is gooey stuff on the handle area and ball marks and use you can see . I have yet to receive a response , I emailed them last night . 290083324660 is the item number . anyone know how to post a link ? please let me know what you think !!! Thank you !

camarokids
02-14-2007, 07:12 PM
still no answer from ESM it will be 24 hours around 10 pm ET . Hi ESM, I know you're a member to GUU , how about a reply . If you want me to bid , I NEED to either get a better description of the use (what type of use) or better pictures that show the use . And what are those brown markings ? water stains or pine tar or a bad photo ? (pine tar is not supposed to be that far up on a bat, per MLB rules) Thank you !

camarokids
02-14-2007, 07:15 PM
the pictures are NOT THE ONE OFFERED BY ESM! you are looking at a different Gomes Max gamer that was photo matched by one of our GUU members and sold on ebay in 2006.

camarokids
02-14-2007, 07:26 PM
just noticed a Miguel Tejada bat just listed on ebay by esm as well , has the same brown colored marking on the barrel as the Gomes bat. Has more actually. So what is that stuff anyone know? item #290083676647

camarokids
02-15-2007, 11:16 AM
received a repsonse today , some one from ESM wrote "I am not sure what the brown marks are . My guess is that they are not skid marks LOL . There are not any lace marks, but there are a few rack marks"

So my question is are rack marks consider game use ? I know other dealers will describe them as use .

ALSO:

In the description it says "shows good game use" (but that use is a few rack marks ) , I guess I won't be bidding on this bat.

Furthermore , someone that deals in game used stuff doesn't know what is on the bats (brown markings) he is selling ........look at the Tejada bat as well ........
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused:

camarokids
02-15-2007, 04:12 PM
what ? no ideas out there on the brown substance/markings on the barrell?

Chris , do you think the description listed in the auction is unethical or mis-leading due to the info disclosed to me in an email from the seller?

"shows good game use" = only bat rack marks ???? shouldn't this be disclosed to the bidders ??????

kylehess10
02-15-2007, 05:29 PM
what ? no ideas out there on the brown substance/markings on the barrell?

Chris , do you think the description listed in the auction is unethical or mis-leading due to the info disclosed to me in an email from the seller?

"shows good game use" = only bat rack marks ???? shouldn't this be disclosed to the bidders ??????

The brown substance you are referring to on the barrel could possibly be pine tar from when he carried his bat to the plate.

camarokids
02-15-2007, 06:44 PM
The brown substance you are referring to on the barrel could possibly be pine tar from when he carried his bat to the plate.

what the dinner plate , there are NO seam marks or ball marks , thanks for suggestion though I appreciate the response , NO pine tar anywhere else on the gomes bat , maybe the bat rubbed against another bat ???? still does NOT "shows good game use" as advertised!!!!!

camarokids
03-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Just a follow up from me on this bat, it has more history to it now . The buyer , jr247, listed the bat for $129.95 minimum bid and $139.95 Buy It Now , ended w/no bids or buyers .

I just took note of how the buyer (now the seller) also put in his description
"shows good game use".

We'll see if he re-list's and the description . I realize he bought the bat under those pre-tenses . But ESM's response to my question ,"is there any lace or ball markings ? " , they said the use is rack marks w/ no seam markings .

Shouldn't sellers disclose game use as "rack marks only " ? If that's the case .

jake33
04-01-2007, 10:21 AM
I have the abt in my possesion, and yes I can for sure say it IS game used, i am meeting up with Jonny and his family in minneapolis in 2 weeks to get it signed and have verify it in person, it does ahve use, but not as much as yours.;

camarokids
04-07-2007, 07:57 PM
I have the abt in my possesion, and yes I can for sure say it IS game used, i am meeting up with Jonny and his family in minneapolis in 2 weeks to get it signed and have verify it in person, it does ahve use, but not as much as yours.;

well if the bat has use , then ESM screwed up , because before deciding whether to bid on the bat when ESM originally sold on ebay, I emailed them and asked what the use consisted of. Their response was the use was rack marks only . They would have gotten more money if I had known there was indeed use on the bat , cause I would've bid on the bat .

jake33
04-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Yeah, it for sure shows more use than bat rack marks. I am very pleased with it. While I have other game bats that by far more use, it is very nice, i am so pumped to get it signed this week!

camarokids
04-28-2007, 09:48 PM

Hi Jake,
Can you post pics of the bat after getting it signed? also the bat pictured is not mine , but another that sold on ebay last year ....
Thanks,
David

jake33
04-29-2007, 12:35 AM
Yep, i got it signed! email me at jahimiak33@yahoo.com and I'll email you a photo I had to sneak the bat in the metrodome but the auto is in black sharpie on the blond bat, it looks great, jonny even said it was a gamer...

jake

camarokids
04-29-2007, 01:05 PM
Hi Jake,
Just curious , why did you have to sneak the bat into the Dome ?
Thaks ,
David

jake33
04-29-2007, 07:55 PM
I had to sneak it in because gmae bats are not allowed in the metrodome, some twins season ticket holder said that a week before the rays series Jeter broke his bat in BP, then gave it to a kid and security took the bat and the kid could only get it after the game.

last year at the dome I tried to bring in a Travis lee bat and they didn't let me. Not every team is as nice as the Rays and Tropicana field. Can't trust the twins fans I guess... one bad incident with a bat will change the rules...