X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flota89
    • Jul 2009

Buyer Beware: 2015 Yadier Molina "Game Used" Glove on Ebay

Hello everyone,

Recently posted on eBay is what the seller states to be a Yadier Molina game used glove from the 2015 season.

What the seller does not mention is that the glove sources from Luis Cruz, a Cardinals minor leaguer and friend of Molina.

In March 2016, Luis Cruz posted a photo of a brand new glove on Instagram with a caption thanking Molina for the gift. This photo, pictured below, has now been deleted. For the next year, photos of Luis using the glove can be viewed on his personal Instagram account.

Today, eBay and GUU member "seanbaseball" inquired about the glove and was given the response that it came from Luis Cruz. Nowhere on the listing does this the eBay listing mention that this glove was used by someone other than Molina. I have asked the seller to update his posting with this information

I'll add photos below. Smells fishy.
    Attached Files
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com
  • flota89
    • Jul 2009

Re: Buyer Beware: 2015 Yadier Molina "Game Used" Glove on Ebay

Additional messages from the seller. I have deleted a buddy's name as I have not spoken with him about the post.
    Attached Files
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• flota89
      • Jul 2009

And more fun. I don't think I need to add anything else to the mix from here. So for the record ... The seller states the glove Luis Cruz used last year was stolen. The seller did not answer my questions shown below. For this glove to be exclusively used by Molina, it would have had to be the second glove Molina gave Cruz. Adding to the intrigue is the fact that Cruz tagged Molina in his Instagram post from last March ... weird tactic if you stole a glove.
      Attached Files

Tyler
      flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• flota89
        • Jul 2009

Clarification: The seller is claiming the glove was stolen from Cruz and that Molina gave him another glove which Molina supposedly used.

That's the story.

Tyler
        flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• seanbaseball
          • Aug 2014

Photos
          Attached Files

Comment

• flota89
            • Jul 2009

Same glove? March 2016 vs eBay auction.
            Attached Files

Tyler
            flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• sherbal15
              • Feb 2015

Interesting. I agree with the match. Wonder if Hiram Bocachica was catcher?

Comment

• seanbaseball
                • Aug 2014

I purchased Yadis real 2015 glove which came directly from him and shows much more use, No doubt Yadi has a couple gloves per year a main one and a backup one that he often gives away to friends, These backup ones then get used by others and then end up back out into the market. I think its clear thats happened here.

Comment

• adambirenbaum
                  • Dec 2014

Just curious about the Bocachica reference. Assuming that's connected to the 2011 Yadi glove in the upcoming Goldin auction. Is there concern about that glove? Would love to learn more!

Comment

Working...