PDA

View Full Version : Rare Tom Brady piece

Briggsd719
05-13-2017, 05:53 PM
Hey guys just want to say big fan of site. You guys are far and away best site in internet for anything memorabilia related. Been a collector for 35 years recently started getting seriously back into it. I finally have time to collect and got a raise at work which helps fund some more stuff. I was going through my stuff and found a pats play sheet I won after sb 39. I have an email saved where I mention the sheet along with don't laugh a TO sb used jockstrap I won. Back then did research found nothing on it couldn't find any real evidence pointing to brady. Assumed it was jim millers or Charlie Weis sheet with a very faint chance it could be Brady's. Fast forward 12 years later going through my stuff decided to look up to see if any way possible it could be Brady's. That is when I saw the letter he wrote after Denver loss and saw the crazy e that brady writes. went further and found all lettering matches up. So I'm trying to figure out what to do with,brought to jsa on April 8 they told me could be longer than the normal 2-3 weeks to come back to me for such an item. I emailed them last week and said it could be another 2 weeks due to the nature of the item. I've done a ton of research and am 99% sure it's Brady's. all lettering matches up, figured out that Jim miller was holding on to an extra clipboard and black folder. Wristband in pats hall of fame has some of the plays on it. I have more info but won't bore you guys unless you want to know.
That's where I was wondering if u guys could help out I've done a ton of research but still can't find a pic of brady filling out on sideline. I have 150$ reward for such pic that's all I can afford. Plus would like to know if anybody has ever seen another like this or knows more about it. I really appreciate any advice and what you guys think. Seems like you guys love a good mystery as do I and hopefully would appreciate the piece.
http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah100/pauldecoster/IMG_1525_zpsamgh7dvb.jpg (http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/pauldecoster/media/IMG_1525_zpsamgh7dvb.jpg.html)

Briggsd719
05-13-2017, 11:43 PM
Sorry, to come in guns a blazing. Let me just say how excited I am to be part of this site. I've been following for a while and hope to show some of my collection I've received over the years and hopefully can help with any knowledge I have. Even though it seems like you guys have it pretty under control lol. Times have changed in the last 12 years since I've collected seriously.
Thanks again,Paul

TigersCubs84
05-14-2017, 03:59 PM
Welcome to the board. I'm not a football guy, but I would tweet a pic to Brady and ask him. Never know, he might respond.

Briggsd719
05-14-2017, 04:24 PM
I tried even tweeted Jim miller who gave me a like but no info. Appreciate it, think he has us blocked.

Briggsd719
05-14-2017, 05:07 PM
Know I sound crazy when I tell people what I have like I have 2 heads. Curious if anybody else knows that feeling? Then to tell them I bought with TO jockstrap might as well have 3 heads. Lol

Briggsd719
05-22-2017, 12:29 PM
So I was right the super bowl notes were Brady's jsa authenticated. Question for you guys value? I've been collecting 35 years and know I'm bias but there has never been another item like this before from Brady. Plus now I'm 99% certain knowing that it's his that there is blood on right hand side of sheet. I didn't bring this up because again didn't want to sound crazy. Now I guess with jsa proof I'm not crazy. I have pictures of him with a cut on his right wrist which I believed he received sometime in 4th quarter he takes a big hit at 5:48 mark. Where the red stain coincides exactly where wrist would be at filling out the sheet. So again what do you guys think value wise? And talking to Chris nerat who I've seen on these posts for heritage auctions. How do you feel about heritage?
To think I had this sitting in my basement the last 12 years not knowing crazy. http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah100/pauldecoster/Mobile%20Uploads/9A3A8A5C-0364-4E05-8289-526F407DAC77_zps75oq3vqu.jpg (http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/pauldecoster/media/Mobile%20Uploads/9A3A8A5C-0364-4E05-8289-526F407DAC77_zps75oq3vqu.jpg.html)

Briggsd719
05-22-2017, 05:48 PM
Anyone know how to get a hold of Ken Goldin his mailbox is full think this might be right up his alley. Talked to other auction company said probably worth 2k. Been doing a lot of research and gonna have to say piece is worth a lot more. I understand it's not a jersey or anything but could be one of Brady's rarest items yet. Thanks for any help.

NYRangers
05-22-2017, 07:07 PM
No idea as to value but truly unique and a piece of modern football history.
I know it's not the same thing but SCP has been auctioning historic baseball documents from 19th Century for crazy money. Ken Goldin also seems to have a knack for getting extensive press coverage for unique items.
Thanks for sharing and best of luck.

seanbaseball
05-22-2017, 08:27 PM
Anyone know how to get a hold of Ken Goldin his mailbox is full think this might be right up his alley. Talked to other auction company said probably worth 2k. Been doing a lot of research and gonna have to say piece is worth a lot more. I understand it's not a jersey or anything but could be one of Brady's rarest items yet. Thanks for any help.

ken@goldinauctions.com

Briggsd719
05-22-2017, 10:00 PM
Awesome thanks for the help guys!!!

RMoody
05-23-2017, 02:44 PM
Kinda one of those cases that it's gonna be worth only what someone is willing to pay for it. Just because it's not a commonly sold item, doesn't mean that it's going to justify a higher price tag. I've bought and sold several game images, team cut ups and film, full playbooks and players arm bands for well under 2k. I actually bought a NFL Films camera for well under that, but knowing what games it was used wouldn't impact it's value. To many of my friends, my collection is worthless and they feel I waste thousands a year on this stuff.

At the end of the day, it's a sideline used Down and Distance sheet, it's basically him charting part of the game.

Tom Brady writing it or bleeding on it will have a marginal effect on most people. You could make a case that he touches a fair number of players during a game without driving up the value that particular item.

Personally, if I had someone willing to give me 2k for that, I'd take it instantly. It very well may be someone's "Grail", but you either wait for that right person or take the money now while Brady is still at the top of this game.

Briggsd719
05-23-2017, 05:50 PM
You are correct believe it comes down to what someone is willing to spend. Just know his an auto sells for. Why wouldn't this sell for a lot more not a lot of Tom Brady stuff at all available, trust me I've done my researchI know I'm bias but also know I posted on eBay just for a second to have proof of ownership and to see if psa would be able to certify which they can only do autos. After that post I Had 2 people asking about piece and how cool it was. I even asked them what they thought piece was worth to get a gauge and one said probably 20 could be a lot more. Other said not sure just an amazing piece.
In your terms you are pretty much saying having an auto card is just like having a piece of cardboard with writing on it.
Again what it comes down to is what is somebody willing to spend. This is a one of a kind piece where there is no way to tell. Worst case I keep a pretty amazing piece of Tom Brady.

seanbaseball
05-23-2017, 08:01 PM
You are correct believe it comes down to what someone is willing to spend. Just know his an auto sells for. Why wouldn't this sell for a lot more not a lot of Tom Brady stuff at all available, trust me I've done my researchI know I'm bias but also know I posted on eBay just for a second to have proof of ownership and to see if psa would be able to certify which they can only do autos. After that post I Had 2 people asking about piece and how cool it was. I even asked them what they thought piece was worth to get a gauge and one said probably 20 could be a lot more. Other said not sure just an amazing piece.
In your terms you are pretty much saying having an auto card is just like having a piece of cardboard with writing on it.
Again what it comes down to is what is somebody willing to spend. This is a one of a kind piece where there is no way to tell. Worst case I keep a pretty amazing piece of Tom Brady.

20K?????

Briggsd719
05-23-2017, 08:17 PM
For anybody who thinks I'm lieing. And when I posted on eBay had for 22k when guy asked me about it. Text is from him another guy I met through piece been talking to him. I'm know I'm probably over valuing but what else is out there to compare to it. A flip sheet from coughlin went for 6k. We can all agree to disagree. http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah100/pauldecoster/Mobile%20Uploads/3A0BDE77-D4A3-44B3-82F5-C85A93604D61_zpsnev7ngzk.png (http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/pauldecoster/media/Mobile%20Uploads/3A0BDE77-D4A3-44B3-82F5-C85A93604D61_zpsnev7ngzk.png.html)
http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah100/pauldecoster/Mobile%20Uploads/B745845C-3A35-4295-AD29-67BF693E9007_zpsteyuahcn.png (http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/pauldecoster/media/Mobile%20Uploads/B745845C-3A35-4295-AD29-67BF693E9007_zpsteyuahcn.png.html)

joecoco
05-23-2017, 09:38 PM
The theme of this thread is vexing and, at worst, disingenuous. It just does not feel "in the spirit" of the board. Everyone has a right to express their views; I get it. However, I become distressed when I view posts over valuing what an item is worth. Instead I enjoy people sharing their items for what they are: cool pieces of history, hopefully dripping in pine tar. For example, Ben or whomever post their unbelievable items, we salivate and then posts our comments. I rarely see people throw around 22K or disingenuous eBay posts. Maybe board is changing, or I have not- I have been here since 2005 and am a creature of habit.
Again, I am probably just tired and cranky. My intention is not to come off as overly negative about this thread. Guy is probably just looking for some help regarding his piece and I am misconstruing everything.

Briggsd719
05-23-2017, 09:58 PM
After all this talking figure only way to find out is to put on eBay. Only reason I thought auction might help out with value but since I don't feel it's gonna make that big a difference. I put up a high number and told to email for any offers. I'll keep you guys informed and I really appreciate the input. It's fun kinda of like arguing with my wife. Everybody thinks there right and nobody wins. Lol

Briggsd719
05-23-2017, 10:00 PM
At joecoco I was just looking for help and I appreciate it. Not trying to stir the pot I really do appreciate everybody here.

joecoco
05-23-2017, 10:04 PM
All good! 😀

Phil316
05-24-2017, 01:46 PM
Personally if it was myself i would consign it in to Goldin Auctions and let it ride.

Nice piece by the way :)

Briggsd719
05-24-2017, 02:02 PM
Personally if it was myself i would consign it in to Goldin Auctions and let it ride.

Nice piece by the way :)

Thanks,the sad thing is I feel that truly hot window of brady has closed where things were going for 2x as much. Just need to hold on to til next window then like you said let it ride with auction. Hopeful he gets another ring. Not gonna lie Madden curse does scare me. It's already started with Gisele and whole concussion thing. Lol

yankees506
05-24-2017, 03:38 PM
I would wait until the super bowl auction, I get a feeling this would sell for a nice chunk of change.

Jags Fan Dan
05-24-2017, 04:13 PM
Yeah, ebay is for clowns. Hate to say it.

Briggsd719
05-24-2017, 04:18 PM
I would wait until the super bowl auction, I get a feeling this would sell for a nice chunk of change.

Thank you for the advice just want to say thanks to everyone always been a follower of this site and once I found this piece I couldn't wait to join kind of gave me a reason to join in. Should have never said anything about value because that is a very gray area for any piece like my wife says it's only worth what somebody is willing to pay. Just really wanted to know how to maximize value and you guys were the best in the industry honestly that I could tell to go through. The amount of knowledge and diversity is unreal. There are no books for this kind of thing.
Hopefully this post in the future will help somebody else out if anybody needs help with Tom Brady signed items let me know with this piece I've learned a ton about his handwriting. Little things like if you ever see a tail on the end ecspecially in early pieces of his letters or numbers it's because he is always looking to connect to next letter or number. He has 4 different r's he uses 3 different m's. Also the biggest thing if you see the crazy e that almost looks like a b it's his.
I love just going through old posts and see all the amazing items all you guys have.
Thanks again!!!

Briggsd719
05-24-2017, 04:21 PM
Yeah, ebay is for clowns. Hate to say it.

I agree just worth a shot in the meantime til he hopefully gets hot again. Just emailed Ken goldin who by the way is great when getting back to people that I'll wait on piece and he told me makes sense and next auction in October when football is going on is better time.

yanks12025
05-25-2017, 12:11 AM

I think collectors would prefer a football thrown by Tom Brady during a Super Bowl then a piece of paper. But hope to see this at auction, to see what someone is actually willing to pay for it.

Briggsd719
05-25-2017, 12:31 AM
I think collectors would prefer a football thrown by Tom Brady during a Super Bowl then a piece of paper. But hope to see this at auction, to see what someone is actually willing to pay for it.

Talked to Ken Goldin again who has been great. I'm going to have him auction off at National so will see. I'll keep you guys informed. I'm curious too. Lol