• Buccaneer Madden
    • Sep 2014

Re: Is this not overpriced?

It seems a LOT crazy. YIKES.

Comment

• GoCrazyFolks76
      • Mar 2015

Considering his signed baseballs with good LOA's typically sell for $250+ on eBay, I don't think it's that far off.

He's not somebody you'll see on the card show circuit. He probably does one private signing a year. And unfortunately, considering he's 89, he probably won't be around for too many more years. i.e. He's the very definition of a tough autograph.

Comment

• Juicyfruit66
        • May 2015

Yeah i saw that on ebay....prices were crazy inflated there too. And why wont he sign microphones? Did his agent have him sign a bunch to sell in a few years after he passes? He's a legend but in a way, i expected a legend that old to remember what baseball was about and not what it's become. 400$ bobble heads.....

Comment

• GoCrazyFolks76
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Juicyfruit66
          He's a legend but in a way, i expected a legend that old to remember what baseball was about and not what it's become. 400$ bobble heads.....
          So he should undercut his fair market value so that dealers can load up on his autographs and flip them? Because you know as well as I do that if he charged $100, half of the autographs he signed at this private signing will be on the market 2 days later for triple that price.

I've met Mr. Scully a number of times back when he was still announcing road games and he was always very gracious to stop and chat about baseball and sign anything you asked him to.

Comment

• gorilla777
            • Aug 2009

Yeah i saw that on ebay....prices were crazy inflated there too. And why wont he sign microphones? Did his agent have him sign a bunch to sell in a few years after he passes? He's a legend but in a way, i expected a legend that old to remember what baseball was about and not what it's become. 400$ bobble heads.....
            Please, he epitomizes class and not what you are implying

Comment

• seanbaseball
              • Aug 2014

If u dont like the price im pretty sure u arent required to buy

Comment

• whoman
                • Feb 2015

It sure beats Fanatics price.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Masimen
                  • Jun 2008

It never gets old. So and so is charging too much for his autograph. Like all of us, the man has a right to decide what amount of money it takes to get him to leave the house. At 89, I have to assume the number is higher than it was 10-15 years ago, as is the demand for his signature. I work for a couple people that have a number they must hit to leave the house and their families. By most standards, it is a large number. Many times, I get a call inquiring about their services and people are shocked at the number and question it. However, more often than not, when I get that call the person on the other end is well aware and is more than happy to pony up the dough. I am guessing Vin Scully and his representatives have a pretty good grip on the value of his time as well as the market for his signature. Thus the price. Some will balk, but more often than not, people who desire will pay up.

Comment

• Phil316
                    • May 2013

Vin Scully cashing in on the hype. Good for him

Comment

• Buccaneer Madden
                      • Sep 2014

I have no problem with him asking whatever he wants but there are HOF players asking 1/4 of that... just seems like a lot for a broadcaster to me.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2009

I wouldn't pay it myself, but we are (once again) in a free market society, and he and his reps have the right to ask it. Personally, I think Vin is one of the classiest and best baseball announcers in history.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• Juicyfruit66
                          • May 2015

Im not sure how people are mistaking me questionning his huge asking price to trashing him....it feels like you can't have an opinion unless you agree with the majority in 2017. And the microphone ban was a legit question.....no one else finds it odd he put a clause in there? I'm just trying to figure out why he'd ban a specific object like that. More power to him if he can get thousands for his grandkids, but his prices totally warrant a debate on the inflated hobby i'd say. But in 2017 i guess it makes me a bully....im a price bully

Comment

• STLHAMMER32
                            • Sep 2009

Im not sure how people are mistaking me questionning his huge asking price to trashing him....it feels like you can't have an opinion unless you agree with the majority in 2017. And the microphone ban was a legit question.....no one else finds it odd he put a clause in there? I'm just trying to figure out why he'd ban a specific object like that. More power to him if he can get thousands for his grandkids, but his prices totally warrant a debate on the inflated hobby i'd say. But in 2017 i guess it makes me a bully....im a price bully
                            A simple search would have shown that it's the market price, instead it was asked on the forum as a discussion and you received your response. Sometimes celebrities have agreements with companies to have exclusive rights to certain items being signed so that they can drive the demand and have control over quantity available. Vin is a class act and his fans are from a market that generally have high costs of living and inflation on most items...this is far from shocking.

Comment

• Juicyfruit66
                              • May 2015

That was my point, i asked opinions on pricing but got mostly replies about him being a class act.....i don't think i ever questionned his morals or classiness by questionning the rate of his autographs. Almost as if it's offensive to question 400$ signed bobble heads. I will never question the prices of saintky vin scully again.

Comment

Working...