PDA

View Full Version : Plaxico Burress Game Worn Jersey on Ebay

BigDiceBuddha
02-15-2007, 01:11 PM
Up for auction currently on Ebay is a "2004" game worn jersey Giants jersey of Plaxico Burress. It looks good, it has all the tagging of a 2004 Giants jersey, except Plaxico's 1st season with the Giants was 2005. The inside neck tagging indicates 04, and the Team emblem on the neckline says "Giants" as it did in '04, except in 2005, Plaxico's first season with the Giants, the jersey switched to the "NY" on the collar. The seller has added to the auction that they meant to type '05, except the jersey is clearly an '04 jersey in all ways. I typed another message to the seller to clarify all of this, but have recieved no response. I'll add their response here when/if I get one. Here is the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220082366598&fromMakeTrack=true

BigDiceBuddha
02-15-2007, 02:52 PM
This is the seller's response. Clearly a fake. Stay away!

Please read the new addition to the discription,... the jersey was made in o4,..but worn in 05,..plaxico signed with the giants in march of 05,..so while the jersey was made in 04,..it is a an 05 game worn jersey,..the emblem is correct,..as it isn't an 05 made jersey,..made in 04 ,..worn in 05,... this came to us via plaxicos brother,..hope this clears things up,..

gameusedfan
02-28-2007, 10:51 AM
I rarely post but this deserves a response. While I absolutely can't comment on the Burress jersey, I can let you know that teams sometimes use previous year jerseys in a later year. Even for star players. Case in point, I have a great relationship with the guys from the Philadelphia Eagles. I know for a fact that many players, even Donovan McNabb, have used previous year jerseys in a subsequent year. As an example, Donovan used a 2001 or 2002 (can't remember) jersey in 2005. If you would have seen this on Ebay, this would have made no sense because he didn't start using a drawstring until approximately 2003 and this particular jersey did have the drawstring. The point is, some teams are more thrifty than others. If they have a number of jerseys from previous years laying around, they aren't thinking of us, they are thinking of managing costs.

Hope this helps...

otismalibu
02-28-2007, 12:21 PM
I've seen Steelers jerseys that had a small Reebok logo patch sewn over the Nike patch, simply so they keep using the older jerseys after Reebok became the official jersey supplier for all NFL teams.

Nathan
03-06-2007, 09:30 PM
(If I may....)

The initial post that created this thread as well as the follow-up are a perfect example of the type of irresponsible posting that needs to be eradicated immediately.

It is EXTREMELY foolish to brand something as "clearly a fake" or warn someone to "stay away" based on some half-assed suppositioning of the way teams do things. For those who don't remember, the Baltimore Ravens (through NFL Auctions) recently sold a number of legitimate game jerseys from a game earlier this year or last year, and probably half had old tags on them.

If you want to say that you believe something to be a fake based on, say, that player not having been around when a certain style of jersey, type of lettering, jersey material, or whatever was used, be my guest. Do your homework and present the facts. But to do something like this is GROSSLY OUT-OF-BOUNDS and is treading dangerously from a legal standpoint.

cohibasmoker
03-07-2007, 08:01 AM
Getty Images has an interesting photograph of Burress.

Editorial
01 Jan 2005

New York Giants 2005 Headshots
By: NFL Photos/Getty Images
Getty Images Sport
People: Plaxico Burress

hblakewolf
03-07-2007, 09:46 AM
(If I may....)

The initial post that created this thread as well as the follow-up are a perfect example of the type of irresponsible posting that needs to be eradicated immediately.

It is EXTREMELY foolish to brand something as "clearly a fake" or warn someone to "stay away" based on some half-assed suppositioning of the way teams do things. For those who don't remember, the Baltimore Ravens (through NFL Auctions) recently sold a number of legitimate game jerseys from a game earlier this year or last year, and probably half had old tags on them.

If you want to say that you believe something to be a fake based on, say, that player not having been around when a certain style of jersey, type of lettering, jersey material, or whatever was used, be my guest. Do your homework and present the facts. But to do something like this is GROSSLY OUT-OF-BOUNDS and is treading dangerously from a legal standpoint.

Nathan-
I agree 100%. If I may also add something that I have tried to convince Chris Cavilier of for ages..........

Anyone can jump on here with a fake AOL account user name. I think it should be mandatory that you have to include your actual name and email address at the end of your post. If indeed you wanted to take legal action on this issue, who are you going to contact? In this case, THEBIG BUDDAH!

I'm told time and time again from poeple who are members of this Forum and likewise, those who refuse to visit, that there are way too many "fake users" on this site, simply looking to stir the pot or make posts based on incorrect info.

Chris, how about changing the rules and making people accountable for their posts? And please, don't tell us that you can see a members email by going hre and there and over here on the site. Let's make it easy-juts include your name at the end of your post-period

Just my thoughts.....

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

ALWAYS BUYING PHILLIES, PORTLAND BEAVERS AND PORTLAND MAVERICKS JERSEYS