PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Baseball????

suave1477
02-15-2007, 02:44 PM
Hey members its that time again.

Last year someone set up a Fantasy Baseball on Yahoo for the forum members and we had a great turn out we filled up all the teams and everyone was pro active with it. I am just curious if anyone will be setting one up this year?

Yankwood
02-15-2007, 02:46 PM
Yeah. It was that TRSENT guy and he doesn't like us anymore. He took his ball and went home.

jon_8_us
02-15-2007, 03:52 PM
I will be doing a 10 team autopick draft league on Yahoo starting tomorrow.I have been commisioner in a few other leagues as well so you can expect it to run well and be fun.I will post all the necessary info tomorrow to join.I will be extending this invite only for a few days or until league is full.It will be for GUU members.It will be a lot of fun playing against people you chat with so much here on the board.This league is for serious players that have time to play all year.Thanks and i look forward to the season!
jon

Qstick333
02-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Sounds like a great time - how does Yahoo run their draft? Is it live or via a list? I've played for years and years on ESPN but never on Yahoo.....

ZH

jon_8_us
02-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Sounds like a great time - how does Yahoo run their draft? Is it live or via a list? I've played for years and years on ESPN but never on Yahoo.....

ZH

What i do is an autopick draft.What you have to do is make your own draft rankings and then the draft is picked based on everyones draft preferences.It's really tough to do a live draft with 10 teams unless you all have the same schedule.I'll be posting the info tomorrow morning probably so there will be 9 openings in this league.
jon

TNTtoys
02-15-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm game... I normally play yahoo fantasy baseball but took the yesr off last year...sort of lost interest, but missed it.

suave1477
02-15-2007, 04:32 PM
Jon im definitely in but why 10 teams?
There are more then neough members here to do more then 10 teams and eve last year I beleive we had about 20 teams and I think we have enough to do it again this year?

I just want to make sure the autopick is where we pick he we want the most and then yahoo picks for us who we get is that correct?

jon_8_us
02-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Jon im definitely in but why 10 teams?
There are more then neough members here to do more then 10 teams and eve last year I beleive we had about 20 teams and I think we have enough to do it again this year?

I just want to make sure the autopick is where we pick he we want the most and then yahoo picks for us who we get is that correct?

As for the autopick you are correct.I like 10 teams because it's more personable and you get less teams that bail.I hate when that happens.With 20 teams if your at the bottom there is more reason to just give up mid season.Someone else should do a 10 team league as well for all those that won't be in this one.Thanks.Make sure to look for the info at the latest tomorrow night.I'll be leaving links and passwords to the league.
jon

Nathan
02-15-2007, 08:56 PM
I've created a 10-team league on Fox Sports. I did Yahoo for various leagues, but found Fox to be a pretty sizable upgrade.

I will warn you that it's scored a bit different than you're probably used to. It's a 6x6 league, and the categories are as such:
BATTING
Hits
Extra base hits
RBI
Runs
OBP
Total bases

PITCHING
Wins
Saves
Strikeouts
WHIP
ERA
Holds

I can post the league info later on if there's any interest in this setup.

suave1477
02-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Nathan nothing aganist you but I would rather wait for Johns I just liked the set up Yahoo has, feel pretty comfortable with it.

jon_8_us
02-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Here is all the necessary info to join the Yahoo 10 team autopick draft league:

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/GUU_Members (http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/GUU_Members)

Password: Gameused

Don't forget to edit your draft rankings everyone.If there are any questions either post here or email me.Good luck!
jon
jon_8_us@yahoo.com

Qstick333
02-16-2007, 01:01 PM
I cannot get the link to function - I get a document requested not found message.....

Zach

jon_8_us
02-16-2007, 01:04 PM
I cannot get the link to function - I get a document requested not found message.....

Zach

Ok i'm working on a solution.I had this problem last year as well.
jon

jon_8_us
02-16-2007, 01:09 PM
Ok the link is not working for some reason so what you need to do is this.Follow this link:
http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1

and near the top it will say join or create a team.It will ask you if you want to create a league,join a public or join a custom.Join a custom.It will ask you for the league ID# and the password here they are

ID# 1791
Password:gameused

if there are any other questions feel free to ask i'll be here all afternoon.

jon
jon_8_us@yahoo.com

Qstick333
02-16-2007, 01:31 PM
One other question -

When do you have the draft set up for? I'm about to go out of town for a few weeks and don't want to screw it up by not being around in time to change the list.....

jon_8_us
02-16-2007, 01:33 PM
One other question -

When do you have the draft set up for? I'm about to go out of town for a few weeks and don't want to screw it up by not being around in time to change the list.....

No problem.We draft when the league is full.Can you edit your draft settings before you leave?If so your all set.If not shoot me an email.Thanks
jon
jon_8_us@yahoo.com

Qstick333
02-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Will it automatically draft as soon as the 12th person joins? I think I can spend some time this weekend making changes between packing etc...I'm leaving late Sunday night for a bit....although I might have hotel time to kill as well during the trip. I'm going to try and get it done after my afternoon meeting.....

ZH

jon_8_us
02-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Will it automatically draft as soon as the 12th person joins? I think I can spend some time this weekend making changes between packing etc...I'm leaving late Sunday night for a bit....although I might have hotel time to kill as well during the trip. I'm going to try and get it done after my afternoon meeting.....

ZH
First it's a ten team league.We have 4 teams already.What i'm gonna do is change the draft status to ready on Monday so that gives everyone time over the weekend to edit their draft rankings.I'll post this on the league as well.
jon

jon_8_us
02-16-2007, 01:58 PM
5 teams down 5 to go.Join soon!
jon

TNTtoys
02-16-2007, 03:31 PM
Jon,

I'm having problems joining. I have filled out the form completely (team name, vatar, etc.) and then when I click 'save & continue', it gives me the form back again, blank. I try again, same result. Might be a browser cache problem. Can you see if I'm there? I've been using
"Mercury Mets 2021 AD" as team name.

thanks,
Nick

TNTtoys
02-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Problem resolved. I went to another machine here & it worked like a charm... was the silly work computer I use.

jon_8_us
02-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Problem resolved. I went to another machine here & it worked like a charm... was the silly work computer I use.

Thanks for joining!

Awesome!The league is now full.Autopick draft will be set to ready on Monday with the picks being made by yahoo with everyone's draft preferences dictating who and when gets picked.Although i will set the draft to ready on Monday sometimes(rarely)it takes up to a day to get completed.Don't forget to edit your draft rankings!Good luck everyone.Also any more issues dealing with this league should be addressed there and not on this forum.Thanks everyone!
jon

Qstick333
02-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Hi Jon -

I got in and just wanted to say Thanks for al the effort that went into amking this happen -

Zach

TNTtoys
02-16-2007, 10:56 PM
Jon,

Not to throw a fly in your ointment, but I have always found that the fantasy season works great when you wait to draft and not jump the gun too early...
there may be young players who are given shots in the pre-season and eventually win the starting position on their respective team's roster -- you would have never given a thought about this early on... there may be multiple players fighting for a closer role, which you will not know this early... there could be star players hurt in the pre-season...
a lot may happen between now & the start of the 2007 season, and we will miss out on it if we draft too early.
Just wanted to throw that your way so that you make the best informed decision.

Nick

Qstick333
02-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Those are good points Nick -

There is also the dreaded spring training injury. It would be terrible to have your number 1 draft pick out for the year, and the season is still a month away......I'm in regardless, nd looking forward to it (I started the list tonight)

ZH

jon_8_us
02-16-2007, 11:55 PM
Jon,

Not to throw a fly in your ointment, but I have always found that the fantasy season works great when you wait to draft and not jump the gun too early...
there may be young players who are given shots in the pre-season and eventually win the starting position on their respective team's roster -- you would have never given a thought about this early on... there may be multiple players fighting for a closer role, which you will not know this early... there could be star players hurt in the pre-season...
a lot may happen between now & the start of the 2007 season, and we will miss out on it if we draft too early.
Just wanted to throw that your way so that you make the best informed decision.

Nick

Nick i think your on to something here as i have not thought about it that way.I will begin a post discussion on the league home for this subject.
jon