• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • suave1477
    Banned
    • Jan 2006

Fantasy Baseball????

Hey members its that time again.

Last year someone set up a Fantasy Baseball on Yahoo for the forum members and we had a great turn out we filled up all the teams and everyone was pro active with it. I am just curious if anyone will be setting one up this year?
  • Yankwood
    • Nov 2005

Re: Fantasy Baseball????

Yeah. It was that TRSENT guy and he doesn't like us anymore. He took his ball and went home.

Comment

• jon_8_us
      • May 2006

I will be doing a 10 team autopick draft league on Yahoo starting tomorrow.I have been commisioner in a few other leagues as well so you can expect it to run well and be fun.I will post all the necessary info tomorrow to join.I will be extending this invite only for a few days or until league is full.It will be for GUU members.It will be a lot of fun playing against people you chat with so much here on the board.This league is for serious players that have time to play all year.Thanks and i look forward to the season!
      jon
      Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

Comment

• Qstick333
        • Jan 2007

Sounds like a great time - how does Yahoo run their draft? Is it live or via a list? I've played for years and years on ESPN but never on Yahoo.....

ZH
        Always on the lookout for Phillies and Orioles GU jerseys and bats............

Comment

• jon_8_us
          • May 2006

Originally posted by Qstick333
          Sounds like a great time - how does Yahoo run their draft? Is it live or via a list? I've played for years and years on ESPN but never on Yahoo.....

ZH
          What i do is an autopick draft.What you have to do is make your own draft rankings and then the draft is picked based on everyones draft preferences.It's really tough to do a live draft with 10 teams unless you all have the same schedule.I'll be posting the info tomorrow morning probably so there will be 9 openings in this league.
          jon

Comment

• TNTtoys
            • Aug 2006

I'm game... I normally play yahoo fantasy baseball but took the yesr off last year...sort of lost interest, but missed it.
            Looking for ...
            Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
            Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
            Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• suave1477
              Banned
              • Jan 2006

Jon im definitely in but why 10 teams?
              There are more then neough members here to do more then 10 teams and eve last year I beleive we had about 20 teams and I think we have enough to do it again this year?

I just want to make sure the autopick is where we pick he we want the most and then yahoo picks for us who we get is that correct?

Comment

• jon_8_us
                • May 2006

Originally posted by suave1477
                Jon im definitely in but why 10 teams?
                There are more then neough members here to do more then 10 teams and eve last year I beleive we had about 20 teams and I think we have enough to do it again this year?

I just want to make sure the autopick is where we pick he we want the most and then yahoo picks for us who we get is that correct?
                As for the autopick you are correct.I like 10 teams because it's more personable and you get less teams that bail.I hate when that happens.With 20 teams if your at the bottom there is more reason to just give up mid season.Someone else should do a 10 team league as well for all those that won't be in this one.Thanks.Make sure to look for the info at the latest tomorrow night.I'll be leaving links and passwords to the league.
                jon

Comment

• Nathan
                  • Nov 2005

I've created a 10-team league on Fox Sports. I did Yahoo for various leagues, but found Fox to be a pretty sizable upgrade.

I will warn you that it's scored a bit different than you're probably used to. It's a 6x6 league, and the categories are as such:
                  BATTING
                  Hits
                  Extra base hits
                  RBI
                  Runs
                  OBP
                  Total bases

PITCHING
                  Wins
                  Saves
                  Strikeouts
                  WHIP
                  ERA
                  Holds

I can post the league info later on if there's any interest in this setup.
                  Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs

Comment

• suave1477
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2006

Nathan nothing aganist you but I would rather wait for Johns I just liked the set up Yahoo has, feel pretty comfortable with it.

Comment

• jon_8_us
                      • May 2006

Here is all the necessary info to join the Yahoo 10 team autopick draft league:

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/GUU_Members

Password: Gameused

Don't forget to edit your draft rankings everyone.If there are any questions either post here or email me.Good luck!
                      jon
                      jon_8_us@yahoo.com

Comment

• Qstick333
                        • Jan 2007

I cannot get the link to function - I get a document requested not found message.....

Zach

Comment

• jon_8_us
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by Qstick333
                          I cannot get the link to function - I get a document requested not found message.....

Zach
                          Ok i'm working on a solution.I had this problem last year as well.
                          jon

Comment

• jon_8_us
                            • May 2006

Ok the link is not working for some reason so what you need to do is this.Follow this link:
                            Yahoo Fantasy Baseball: Your home for crushing fantasy baseball with friends this year

and near the top it will say join or create a team.It will ask you if you want to create a league,join a public or join a custom.Join a custom.It will ask you for the league ID# and the password here they are

ID# 1791
                            Password:gameused

if there are any other questions feel free to ask i'll be here all afternoon.

jon
                            jon_8_us@yahoo.com

Comment

• Qstick333
                              • Jan 2007

One other question -

When do you have the draft set up for? I'm about to go out of town for a few weeks and don't want to screw it up by not being around in time to change the list.....

Comment

Working...