Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ruhoos
    • Apr 2010

Piazza Jersey on Grey Flannel

The Hobby's premier auction site for game-worn jerseys, graded cards, championship rings, and Hall of Fame autographs.

Thoughts? Thanks for the assistance.
  • sox83cubs84
    Banned
    • Apr 2009

Re: Piazza Jersey on Grey Flannel

The photos look promising. The size is right, and AIS didn't use the myriad of tailoring tags that Rawlings and Majestic do. It's more likely a 1998, as the Mets year tagged many '99 gamers. It's no later, as the back does not have the MLB logo on the neck which began in 2000 spring training.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• TNTtoys
      • Aug 2006

I took a look too. Size is right, and the AIS tag is correct for '95 to '98 (their tag had a complete redesign in 1999). I would however question the placement of the numbers. I have not come across one with the back 3 and 1 separated so much.
      Looking for ...
      Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
      Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
      Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• 300X30
        • Apr 2011

If I am not mistaken the Mets logo patch was redesigned in 1999 and eliminated the little NY that originally appeared on the left side of the patch. The patch on the jersey does not have the NY, therefore it is from 1999 or later.

Comment

• truvalue123
          • Oct 2014

And at an all in of $486, buyers were not convinced...

Comment

• TNTtoys
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by 300X30
            If I am not mistaken the Mets logo patch was redesigned in 1999 and eliminated the little NY that originally appeared on the left side of the patch. The patch on the jersey does not have the NY, therefore it is from 1999 or later.
            If this is black and white (I know that multiple versions of the patch existed at the same time), then the fact that the jersey tag is 1998 or earlier would be a concern.
            Looking for ...
            Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
            Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
            Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...