PDA

View Full Version : Did gameworn goodman jerseys ever use letter sizing?

lengthwise1
06-20-2017, 11:02 AM
Or is that an immediate indicator of a retail authentic?

Thanks!

TNTtoys
06-20-2017, 11:04 AM
What do you mean by letter sizing?

I am also not aware of Goodman retail authentics that were any different in spec to the team issued jerseys.

Please provide more info, an example, etc.... thanks.

lengthwise1
06-20-2017, 11:06 AM
What do you mean by letter sizing?

I am also not aware of Goodman retail authentics that were any different in spec to the team issued jerseys.

Please provide more info, an example, etc.... thanks.

its a size large rather than a number like 44

TNTtoys
06-20-2017, 11:18 AM
OK, was not sure what you meant at first.

I have not seen any Goodman jerseys with S/M/L sizes. I have only seen the numeric sizes... but that said, not all of those were legitimate team issued jerseys. At one time, Goodman mass produced star jerseys, identical to those issued to the teams.

lengthwise1
06-20-2017, 11:27 AM
check out ebay item# 272724145193

TNTtoys
06-20-2017, 12:12 PM
check out ebay item# 272724145193

Just looked at the listing. What is clear is that the jersey is not an original 1986 Orosco Mets jersey. The name, nameplate, and all numbers are after-market customizations. Zoom in on the front of the jersey and you will see original stitching (with significant wear) on the team logo but on the front # 47 you will see brand new stitching -- you can see it very clearly against the blue layer. The 47 may even be a different shade of blue. The back is the same, and the nameplate is not cut to specifications for an 86 nameplate.
The tag (while unusual) jumps off the page at me too, as the wear it shows is inconsistent to the rest of the jersey. It's possible that it was applied afterwards when the original one came off and was not the same type of tag that was on the jersey from the start. Just a possibility.
Given the category it was listed in, and the price sold for, I would say it was a fair deal.

TNTtoys
06-20-2017, 12:14 PM
Pic attached.

lengthwise1
06-20-2017, 12:15 PM
the customization was pretty obvious, I had never seen a retail Goodman road 86 which is why I asked. I've been wanting to add a Goodman to the collection, so I pulled the trigger at that pricepoint...

TNTtoys
06-20-2017, 12:18 PM
the customization was pretty obvious, I had never seen a retail Goodman road 86 which is why I asked. I've been wanting to add a Goodman to the collection, so I pulled the trigger at that pricepoint...

OK, so if that's all you were asking, I would definitely say that there were retail jerseys at the time, but I have never seen any that had letter sizes. I think the tag may have come from a different jersey, but there is no way to prove that theory.