• Jim65
    • Mar 2013

Keith Hernandez photomatch?

Is there enough here to photomatch?
    Attached Files
  • TigersCubs84
    • Feb 2015

Re: Keith Hernandez photomatch?

I can't rule it in, but can't rule it out either. The 1 and 7 match up real well. Too far away to really examine the e in Mets and the C.

Comment

• metsbats
      • Nov 2005

On the mid 80's pinstripes where the pinstripe meets the v neck are unique. I noticed this on a lot of my 86 gamers.

This looks pretty close to me.
      Attached Files
      metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• metsbats
        • Nov 2005

however...

metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• Jim65
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by metsbats
          I know about the MEARS auction, they are basing their opinion solely on the fact there was a Gerry Cosby tag but there are other Mets gamers with similar tags. I showed the jersey to a friend who is a big Yankee collector and he thinks the jersey was sent to Cosby to add the captains C, hence the Cosby tag. I believe MEARS is wrong and the best way to prove that is a photomatch. heres a pic of the label, there are several 1987 Mets gamers with a similar Rawlings label.
          Attached Files

Comment

• joecoco
            • Dec 2005

Whoa. This jersey is getting "no respect. Tough crowd." Sorry, I love Rodney, had to say it.

Comment

• metsbats
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Jim65
              I know about the MEARS auction, they are basing their opinion solely on the fact there was a Gerry Cosby tag but there are other Mets gamers with similar tags. I showed the jersey to a friend who is a big Yankee collector and he thinks the jersey was sent to Cosby to add the captains C, hence the Cosby tag. I believe MEARS is wrong and the best way to prove that is a photomatch. heres a pic of the label, there are several 1987 Mets gamers with a similar Rawlings label.
              Could be.

if this is true this certainly why jersey is a very close photo match to the photo. (we cannot verify the 'C' captains patch)
              metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• metsbats
                • Nov 2005

I just sent a text to John Ruffino who used to be the assistant equipment manager for the Mets in the mid 80's. Let's see if he can help us verify the Cosby tag.
                metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• metsbats
                  • Nov 2005

John states that the "C" was done by Stitches (who they've used for a long time). After seeing the tags he thinks it's a Cosby retail too.

He also noted that the flag tag and strip tag DOES NOT match.

Flag tag is SET 1 while the strip tag is set 2 (87 2 17) which is another red flag.
                  metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• metsbats
                    • Nov 2005

Another tidbit on set 1 vs set 2. During the 80's the Mets had set 1 and set 2 jerseys and pants. Typically set 2 pants were used only in BP and set 1 were used strictly in games.
                    metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• Stanley
                      • Jul 2015

Sorry my eyes are playing tricks on me...
                      I've been told..

Comment

• metsbats
                        • Nov 2005

Does it look like there is less space between the last pinstripe and the racing stripe on the jersey vs the photo jersey?

Could be an illusion due to photo angle in the jersey photo. Laying the jersey flat with more of the racing stripe showing may show more of a match.
                        Attached Files
                        metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• metsbats
                          • Nov 2005

Here's an old thread on this jersey:

metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• Jim65
                            • Mar 2013

Here's an old thread on this jersey:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...Hernandez+1987
                            I started that thread when I bought the jersey, based on comments there, I assumed retail but I have never seen retails tagged like that except Scoreboard jerseys which this obviously is not.

Comment

• Jim65
                              • Mar 2013

John states that the "C" was done by Stitches (who they've used for a long time). After seeing the tags he thinks it's a Cosby retail too.

He also noted that the flag tag and strip tag DOES NOT match.

Flag tag is SET 1 while the strip tag is set 2 (87 2 17) which is another red flag.
                              Ballpark Heroes sold a 1987 Tom Edens that had a Gerry Cosby tag and there is a 1987 Kevin McReynolds jersey that has mismatched set and strip tags exactly like mine. Im wishing now that I saved the pics.

Comment

Working...