PDA

View Full Version : A community similar to GUU but for concert used guitars?

murfsteve25
07-19-2017, 09:12 PM
Looking for concert used guitar from my favorite band:

Sorry in advance for a question unrelated to sports, but with so many collectors on this site I'm trying to see if anyone can point me in the right direction to concert used music equipment?

I tried looking online and tried searching for a community similar to GUU for music equipment but i didn't find anything. I didn't see anything in some of the auction houses that I'm familiar with.

Thanks in advance

R. C. Walker
07-19-2017, 10:13 PM
www.rockstarsguitars.com

I know he has dealings with the Hard Rock Cafe throughout the US and has connections. I have spoken to him in the past, but haven't purchased anything. He's a legit dealer though.

There is a whole community out there just like Game Used for "Concert Used" gear. Very pricey though.

I have heard some guitarist know exactly where and who has their guitars whether they were lost, stolen or sold. Slash had Joe Perry's '59 black Les Paul and Perry desperately wanted it back. Great story.

www.guitarplayer.com/gear/1012/how-slash-reunited-joe-perry...a...les-paul/48100

I personally spoke to a prominent drummer who told me that he's able to sell his entire stage drum kit to "crazy" collectors. Sound familiar?

murfsteve25
07-20-2017, 12:19 AM
awesome!! thanks for all that info. I'll deff check out that link and i appreciate you pointing me into a direction. I'm just looking for one specific artists guitar, so i'm not looking for a collection or anything super rare like a slash guitar or anything to that caliber. Thanks!

murfsteve25
07-20-2017, 12:30 AM
awesome!! thanks for all that info. I'll deff check out that link and i appreciate you pointing me into a direction. I'm just looking for one specific artists guitar, so i'm not looking for a collection or anything super rare like a slash guitar or anything to that caliber. Thanks!

dangerzone79
07-21-2017, 04:08 PM
Maybe I can help you. I am a guitar tech for touring rock bands. Been doing that for a living for 12 years. Send me an email... dangerzone79@gmial.com Hope I can help.

shafrancollectibles.com
07-22-2017, 09:33 AM
Cool thread as I've never looked into groups like you suggest but my two boys have an awesome guitar collection from concerts they've attended:

Brad Paisley used Fender given straight from the stage.

Florida Georgia Line signed Peavey (wasn't used but they gave it to my son on stage during a show)

PRS guitar given to my son by LoCash after a he sang with them at a show.

Going to look at the links in this thread - thanks for sharing!

dangerzone79
07-23-2017, 06:35 PM
Typo, my email is dangerzone79@gmail.com

Maybe I can help you. I am a guitar tech for touring rock bands. Been doing that for a living for 12 years. Send me an email... dangerzone79@gmial.com Hope I can help.

ChrisCavalier
07-24-2017, 01:40 PM
In case you guys missed it, I sent out an email recently referencing the fact that Goldin will be doing a special Rock & Roll and Americana auction in September.

That said, we have decided it makes sense to add two new forum folders to the Game Used Universe site. They are:

1) Americana (Music, Movies and TV); and
2) Historical.

We will be adding those forums soon and will make an announcement to the community once they are live.
Once implemented, please feel free to let your friends who collect these type of items know they will have another place to discuss their collecting interests on GUU.

Sincerely,
Chris

murfsteve25
07-25-2017, 05:34 PM
In case you guys missed it, I sent out an email recently referencing the fact that Goldin will be doing a special Rock & Roll and Americana auction in September.

That said, we have decided it makes sense to add two new forum folders to the Game Used Universe site. They are:

1) Americana (Music, Movies and TV); and
2) Historical.

We will be adding those forums soon and will make an announcement to the community once they are live.
Once implemented, please feel free to let your friends who collect these type of items know they will have another place to discuss their collecting interests on GUU.

Sincerely,
Chris

That is a great idea!