Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Juicyfruit66
    • May 2015

rusty staub bat

i just bought a rusty staub bat off ebay with two 302's on it, was just wondering if his bats usually go for 150$ or if maybe no one else bid because the number on knob was faded out? I think it looks good, just wondering why no one else bid I guess.....I'm pretty excited about it. I can't add the link but it would show up in rusty staub bats "sold" search.

I bought a staub bat off mears a year ago or so that went for over 200$ so just curious.
  • Juicyfruit66
    • May 2015

Re: rusty staub bat

pics
    Attached Files

Comment

• FastLane80
      • Aug 2008

Per BirdBats...

This label is exactly like the 1971-79 version, with one rare variation. Some bats made in 1971 feature two "302" brands -- one above "Adirondack" and one below.

Nice Pick Up!

Comment

• Juicyfruit66
        • May 2015

Woooo! His last season with expos before returning almost a decade later!

Comment

• ndevlin
          • Mar 2008

A very rare variation. I would imagine it didn't get additional bids due to the knob and the use, as was my reason.

Comment

• Juicyfruit66
            • May 2015

It has a handle crack repair apparently and there was a number on knob once....but who knows whose it was right? I found other staubs with similar rubbed off knobbage so maybe whatever he used on knobs was crappy....thanks for not bidding haha ihave lower standards

Comment

• ndevlin
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Juicyfruit66
              It has a handle crack repair apparently and there was a number on knob once....but who knows whose it was right? I found other staubs with similar rubbed off knobbage so maybe whatever he used on knobs was crappy....thanks for not bidding haha ihave lower standards
              Ha, you're welcome. It's a nice bat

Comment

• earlywynnfan
                • Oct 2005

Nice bat! one thing keeping the price down is that Staub released a whole bunch of gamers a couple years ago, so the market got pretty flooded. I almost pulled the trigger on a late-career bat of his for like 50 bucks.

Ken

Comment

• Juicyfruit66
                  • May 2015

Im only interested in his 69-71 montreal days and maybe the era from when he came back. I don't bother for his Worth ones...a LVS would be neat

Comment

Working...