PDA

View Full Version : Beware - Heritage item 80559 - Ozzie Newsome Game Used Jersey

mrozie21
08-04-2017, 03:53 PM
I contacted Heritage 3 days ago on the authenticity of this jersey that I once owned. I sold this jersey as game issued earlier this year as the Browns always used nameplates on the jersey and this one has the letters sewn directly on. In addition, the sleeves wear cut/hemmed and Ozzie never wore his jerseys that way. I've looked at many photos over the years to contradict the sleeves and lettering and never found any.

The wear on the jersey was light if anything and the staining on the jersey came from tape adhesive from when I bought when it was previously framed.

I would steer clear of this jersey

sox83cubs84
08-04-2017, 07:53 PM
The experiences a friend of mine has had with alerting Heritage to questionable items has been mixed. They usually do pull the item, but are often not real prompt in doing so. Being busy is the usual explanation.

Dave Miedema

mrozie21
08-09-2017, 05:00 PM
The experiences a friend of mine has had with alerting Heritage to questionable items has been mixed. They usually do pull the item, but are often not real prompt in doing so. Being busy is the usual explanation.

Dave Miedema

Got an email from them today that they are reviewing the jersey.