PDA

View Full Version : New MLB authentication methods?

coxfan
08-28-2017, 06:07 PM
I just bought a game-used ball from the Braves, on our first trip to the new park. The hologram number is JC051583. It was pitched by Dickey on 8-18-17.

If you look that up, you'll see the most detail I've yet seen on a hologram entry. The ball was tracked through five pitches, plus a pickoff try, with the speed and type of each pitch (all Dickey knucklers), as well as the launch angle, launch speed, and distance of the ball's first action, a flyout to CF.

I'm pleasantly surprised to all this detail. Is this a trend, or is it just the Braves?

ndevlin
08-28-2017, 07:54 PM
It's new this year for all

memorabiliaunlimited
08-29-2017, 07:58 AM
i have seen this type of detailed information with bats as well, even going so far to document the exit velo and launch angle if the bat cracked on a hit. more teams than just the braves do this.

TBM
08-30-2017, 09:48 AM
i have seen this type of detailed information with bats as well, even going so far to document the exit velo and launch angle if the bat cracked on a hit. more teams than just the braves do this.

Really?? Every bat I have purchased from this season has had less detail than last year. I was really excited about a bat I bought at auction because the description of the bat pointed right at being broke on a hit. Even all the research I did (photomatching and video matching) pointed right at that hit. Alas, the authenticator only felt it right to put the pitcher, batter and inning info on it. Needless to say I was disappointed. Its even a full two piece break so there were to opportunities to put the hit on the authentication. I would have bought the bat either way but was really hoping to pick up a bat authenticated to a hit. At least I have the photomatch that shows the bat breaking in two after hitting the ball.

memorabiliaunlimited
08-30-2017, 10:53 AM
Really?? Every bat I have purchased from this season has had less detail than last year. I was really excited about a bat I bought at auction because the description of the bat pointed right at being broke on a hit. Even all the research I did (photomatching and video matching) pointed right at that hit. Alas, the authenticator only felt it right to put the pitcher, batter and inning info on it. Needless to say I was disappointed. Its even a full two piece break so there were to opportunities to put the hit on the authentication. I would have bought the bat either way but was really hoping to pick up a bat authenticated to a hit. At least I have the photomatch that shows the bat breaking in two after hitting the ball.

JC099953 is the hologram on one of my kris bryant home run bats. has it all listed. not every team does this, and not even every cubs bat has this. it is inconsistent at best, but pretty cool when it is all captured.