PDA

View Full Version : Scumbag ebay seller or Ok practice?

TBM
09-06-2017, 10:22 PM
Sorry this is not game used item related but I know there are people here more familiar with ebay and its policies that may have some advice.

I won a bobblehead yesterday. It was not listed for very long before I won the auction via the buy it now option. The bobblehead was underpriced for what they have been going for recently which is why I bought it. I paid immediately as I always do. Soon after the seller sends me a message saying they refunded my money and are cancelling the order because:

"I cancelled the order because I list a 1 business day mail turn-around and I wont be able to get this packaged and mailed to you until friday! I will relist this on friday!"

however the reason they provided ebay is:

"We're sorry to let you know that xxxxxxxxxxx canceled your order and mentioned the reason as I'm out of stock or the item is damaged."

I really think this is a load of crap and is my belief that they decided they could sell it for more. I will be watching the relisting to see what they relist it for. I hope they got charged out the ying-yang for posting, selling, cancelling, reposting and selling again. Probably not much I can do but it just ticks me off a bit and I hope it costs them more than what they make the second time around. At least I go my money back. Anyone else ever have something like this happen?

truvalue123
09-06-2017, 11:01 PM
Was it auction or BIN? Seller could be legit as eBay requires sellers to ship within a certain period the seller specifies, or, they get deductions on their performance scorecard...the reason given to eBay is the best one they have-all standard, canned explanations...but, seller also gets dinged if they cancel and order, but, it is harder to understand this and seller may not realize it..so, hopefully, seller is telling you the truth..if they were, you could ask them to list at a certain time so you would be be sure to buy it.
Good luck,

Wrigley2010
09-07-2017, 01:49 AM
Ebay only has 3 (maybe its 4) preset reasons for cancelling a completed auction. One of which is the reason you were given. The seller can not type in there actual reason they must select one of the preset reasons.

Jim65
09-07-2017, 03:54 AM
Happened to me once, when the seller relisted item at a higher price, I neg'd him and moved on.

TBM
09-07-2017, 07:02 AM
It was a BIN item. I have already moved on. I bought two other bobbleheads with the returned money. I will wait to post feedback until I see how they repost it and I do not now if I will buy it even if they post it for a lower price. I wonder if they did the same thing to anyone else that bought one of their 215 currently listed items.

truvalue123
09-07-2017, 07:27 AM
If they know they have a shipping issue, and, they have a store of 215 items, they should put the store on "vacation" for a day...they may not know they can do this...or, perhaps they do and your suspicions prove correct..keep us updated.

bryzzo2016
09-07-2017, 09:07 AM
The seller won't lose a dime.

He'll be reimbursed all fees.

This sort of thing happens all the time on Fleabay.

You're just better off not buying from this seller again.

memorabiliaunlimited
09-07-2017, 10:08 AM
sounds fishy.. if he relists for the same price on friday, buy it again. if he lists it for more, i would try and get an explanation. i hate negative feedback but it may be the only option if he cancelled to try and get a better sale - not a good practice.

Tilter
09-07-2017, 10:26 PM
Sorry this is not game used item related but I know there are people here more familiar with ebay and its policies that may have some advice.

I won a bobblehead yesterday. It was not listed for very long before I won the auction via the buy it now option. The bobblehead was underpriced for what they have been going for recently which is why I bought it. I paid immediately as I always do. Soon after the seller sends me a message saying they refunded my money and are cancelling the order because:

"I cancelled the order because I list a 1 business day mail turn-around and I wont be able to get this packaged and mailed to you until friday! I will relist this on friday!"

however the reason they provided ebay is:

"We're sorry to let you know that xxxxxxxxxxx canceled your order and mentioned the reason as I'm out of stock or the item is damaged."

I really think this is a load of crap and is my belief that they decided they could sell it for more. I will be watching the relisting to see what they relist it for. I hope they got charged out the ying-yang for posting, selling, cancelling, reposting and selling again. Probably not much I can do but it just ticks me off a bit and I hope it costs them more than what they make the second time around. At least I go my money back. Anyone else ever have something like this happen?
All you can do is leave a neg.

Buyer will also take a hit if they are a "top seller" as cancelling transactions affect getting top scores.

Jags Fan Dan
09-08-2017, 12:46 PM
Personally, if I'm not out any money, I don't leave negative feedback on ebay. That is just my own personal policy. If the seller is lying and you find it listed for more Friday, maybe I'd make an exception.

TBM
09-08-2017, 11:45 PM
The seller resisted the bobblehead today for $15 more than what I bought it for the first time around. Kinda makes me upset but I saw this coming a second after mine got cancelled. They've got a best offer on it now to so maybe I'll offer the original price.

Phil316
09-10-2017, 12:24 PM
Seller will get dinged on his detailed selling rating for his reason for cancelling the auction (I'm out of stock or the item is damaged). I would also leave him a neutral or negative. Just to let other customers know he did this.

truvalue123
09-10-2017, 01:19 PM
Give em the chance to match the price u first bought it for..with a note...and, if he doesn't do the right thing, give him neutral..if he is nasty or disrespectful, give him negative..but, don't threaten him that unless you are going give me this price, I will give you negative feedback..that is considered feedback extortion, and, eBay will take away the feedback left..just tell him that you are sending an offer for the price that you bought it for before they cancelled the sale and he should sell the item at that price to you...

Phil316
09-10-2017, 11:19 PM
Give em the chance to match the price u first bought it for..with a note...and, if he doesn't do the right thing, give him neutral..if he is nasty or disrespectful, give him negative..but, don't threaten him that unless you are going give me this price, I will give you negative feedback..that is considered feedback extortion, and, eBay will take away the feedback left..just tell him that you are sending an offer for the price that you bought it for before they cancelled the sale and he should sell the item at that price to you...

:):):):):):):)

Wrigley2010
09-11-2017, 01:58 AM
I don't think you can leave feedback for a cancelled auction?

truvalue123
09-11-2017, 07:17 AM
This was a cancelled purchase transaction, so, I am nearly certain feedback can be left...

Jim65
09-11-2017, 12:26 PM
I don't think you can leave feedback for a cancelled auction?

You can but have to wait 7 days before you can leave a negative.

Wrigley2010
09-12-2017, 04:04 AM
You can but have to wait 7 days before you can leave a negative.

That's good to know. My lack of knowledge saved a seller negative feedback then becuase I was frustrated when I tried leaving it after the seller cancelled on me stating he changed his mind.

TBM
09-17-2017, 10:48 PM
The seller once again changed the price on this bobblehead. Maybe someone else bought it and the seller cancelled it and jacked up the price again? This time it went up $5. Yea. Not much but now it's $20 more than when i bought it last week.

earlywynnfan
09-18-2017, 06:28 AM
Time to out this seller so I make sure I don't ever bid with him.