PDA

View Full Version : Questionable Messi photomatch?

shermdawurm
09-12-2017, 01:17 PM
Hi everyone I was looking through Infinite Auctions' items and noticed that they have a Lionel Messi jersey that may be incorrectly photomatched to the 2011 FIFA World Cup Final. Here is a link to their auction: http://www.infiniteauctions.com/Lionel_Messi_12_18_11_FIFA_World_Cup_Finals_Worn_B-LOT1122.aspx. It seems that they are trying to photomatch the jersey's front alignment of the text and Nike and FCB logos with the vertical stripes. The problem is that all of FC Barcelona's jersey have the exact same front alignment of the front text and logos. They are not unique like pinstripes on a baseball jersey. I've attached their "photomatch" with some other photos from the same game below that show other players' jerseys with the same front alignment.

This wasn't the first time I've noticed something with their auctions. Last year they had an incorrectly photomatched Alex Rodriguez Mariners game worn jersey. As you can see, the piping and the upper right part of the 1st letter "R" are not touching. They later took off the photomatch part after the auction ended. Just something to keep an eye out for.

resphotomatching
09-12-2017, 05:15 PM
I would have to agree on both of these points. The Messi jersey doesn't look anywhere near conclusive, and the Rodriguez jersey is a conclusive NON-match. I actually saw the Rodriguez jersey last year, and emailed Infinite about it.

In my own biased opinion, there is going to be a conflict of interest anytime an auction house tries to do its own photomatching. I would encourage anyone with any interest in professional photomatching to email us, we have had a lot of success for collectors on GUU and the major auction houses, and are always eager to earn the trust of new clients.

- John

Marshall
09-12-2017, 07:30 PM
Hello John Robinson - RESOLUTION PHOTO MATCHING.
IS THIS CONCLUSIVE????

Collecting Community help me please. Lol. I must be going blind because I don't see that matches on these Jordan jerseys by Resolution Photo Matching. Lol. Binoculars please. Oh there it is? NOT! I'm tired of seeing collectors pay $80k for garbage. This orchestrated post is funny. Bring it on John. I have about 6 more inconclusive photo matched Jordan jerseys that have sold with your paperwork to the collecting community that were rejected by meigray. Collectors have been using Low Resolution matching because the jerseys were rejected by other companies. If any collectors would like to see the rest of the MJ's lmk.

If any collector has a problem contact me directly and I will address the issue immediately. We will dig deeper on the Messi jersey and attempt to photo match the jersey using the serial numbers on the tagging. The photo match on the A-Rod jersey was done by a consignor and once I evaluated the jersey the buyer was refunded.

resphotomatching
09-12-2017, 08:36 PM
I don’t want to get into a big back and forth on here, as I don’t think that’s what this forum is meant for or is all about. But when “photomatches” are posted on auction listings that are either clearly inconclusive or clear non-matches, people are going to call them out. I wanted to give my opinion because this makes photomatching as a whole look bad.

All of Resolution’s photomatches are proven conclusive based on a number of unique match points, and not a single one has ever been seriously questioned or shown to be incorrect. However we do also find the tough photomatches that might not be immediately clear, but do end up being conclusive after careful observation. Sometimes multiple images put together show enough to be conclusive. The photos of our matches posted above are poorly scanned copies (of one not both sides of the jerseys) made to look bad, but when the full size electronic versions are zoomed-in on, what you actually see are clearly conclusive photomatches made off of difficult images available, which probably wouldn’t have been found by other companies.

This is why Goldin Auctions, SCP Auctions, Heritage Auctions, and over a hundred collectors on GUU use and trust Resolution Photomatching.

PS: If you want to see some of our photomatches check out the "Post your photomatched..." thread or google Resolution Photomatching; I'm not going to post them here as I don't think this is the appropriate place to promote.

Wally_Fischer
09-12-2017, 08:50 PM
I think infinite does a better job at matching compared to resolution photo matching, who don't take their time and are all about getting paid. For Marshall it's a passion why John. Robinson prescribes by the Randy Moss school off thought, "$traight ¢ash homey"

Marshall
09-12-2017, 08:58 PM
Conclusive??? $870,000!!!

resphotomatching
09-12-2017, 09:07 PM
It's a replacement "NY" logo, see the auction listing third paragraph: https://sports.ha.com/itm/autographs/baseballs/1937-lou-gehrig-game-worn-new-york-yankees-jersey-photo-matched-/a/7195-80004.s. Our Letter of Photomatch with all details is in the listing as well.