PDA

View Full Version : Angels jersey sharpie markings

Jason
10-11-2017, 05:18 PM
Does anyone have information on what these sharpie markings on the tags could represent? I have a white 2016 Angels jersey that has 1 sharpie dot on it which I have matched to several games throughout the entire 2016 season. The other jersey is a blue players weekend Angels jersey that has 2 sharpie dots on the tag. This jersey was used in the 3 games during players weekend from this August.

I'm curious to know what everyones thoughts are or if someone knows for a fact what the markings were used for. Thank you!

http://gameusedgallery.com/images/2016.jpg

http://gameusedgallery.com/images/koleman.jpg

sox83cubs84
10-11-2017, 06:11 PM
My thought (not necessarily fact): maybe a set number designation?

Dave Miedema

Jason
10-11-2017, 06:54 PM
My thought (not necessarily fact): maybe a set number designation?

Dave Miedema

That had crossed my mind as well, but the players weekend jersey only had one set so that confused me a bit as it has 2 dots on it.

truvalue123
10-11-2017, 11:23 PM
Two sets were made for each player...looks like only one set was authenticated, though..so, did each player get to keep one?

Jason
10-11-2017, 11:37 PM
Two sets were made for each player...looks like only one set was authenticated, though..so, did each player get to keep one?

I was able to match mine to all 3 games it was worn in and promotional shots. If they have a set 1 to be given to players, it must not have been game worn (at least in my players case).

memorabiliaunlimited
10-12-2017, 08:26 AM
there is another thread that discusses "covert markings" and how authenticators will mark a jersey in order to know it was used in a game when the authentication will take place at a later date. i am not positive, but i believe those markings have to do with authentication. i have had a number of jerseys with markings like that from across the league, so it is not a team specific practice.

Jason
10-12-2017, 10:09 AM
there is another thread that discusses "covert markings" and how authenticators will mark a jersey in order to know it was used in a game when the authentication will take place at a later date. i am not positive, but i believe those markings have to do with authentication. i have had a number of jerseys with markings like that from across the league, so it is not a team specific practice.

Thanks for the information! I read the thread you mentioned and these markings make more sense now.

memorabiliaunlimited
10-13-2017, 08:18 AM
to be clear, im not 100% positive on that, but cant think of what else it could be. especially when i have seen it from many teams throughout the league.