X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gopack1782
    • Jan 2011

#RomanGabriel4HOF Campaign

Hi guys,

I recently started RWL (Red White Legacy) - a channel that is dedicated to preserving the history and tradition of NC State Athletics. This is a bigger project that I've been working on for quite some time. About a year ago I was doing some research and noticed Roman Gabriel was not in the Hall of Fame, I was pretty shocked especially being a fellow NC State Alum. The more I read, the more I realized how much Roman should be considered. I had an article published in NC's only state wide newspaper in which I stated my case on why Roman should be in the HOF. Here is the link to the article.

Roman Gabriel was ahead of his time, glamorizing professional football in Los Angeles before the NFL was desperate to do so, evolving into one of the biggest names in the NFL during the late 1960s and early 1970s. The L.A. Rams starting quarterback played in the City of Angels during its purest and

Long story short, I ended up connecting with Roman. The guy was a great football player but an even better person. I'm honored to be on this journey. I launched this campaign video today. I plan to follow through the HOF election process and give people an insight on what it looks like.

Check the video out here!

Be sure to subscribe to my you tube channel here if you'd like to be apart of this journey! I also will be doing videos around my game worn collection.

Cheers,
    Vinny
  • both-teams-played-hard
    • Nov 2005

Re: #RomanGabriel4HOF Campaign

NICE!
    Good luck with this project. I've met and got autographs of Mr. Gabriel several times, when I was a kid. Folks here in Los Angeles, still love him from his career with the Rams.
    FYI When Roman played, he was an extra playing a native warrior, on Gilligan's Isle in the 60s.
    I think he was head coach of the Raleigh SkyHawks of the random pro football League of the early 90s.
    Worth more research...

Comment

• rufusandherschel
      • Mar 2011

Very nice production and presentation, and very well done!
      Best of luck for a successful outcome.

Comment

• Gopack1782
        • Jan 2011

Thanks guys - your support is much appreciated! Love to hear about the memories and stories!

Comment

• PwKw13
          • Feb 2009

Excellent video... and great narration. Brings back a lot of memories for those of us who go back that far!!

Comment

• Gopack1782
            • Jan 2011

Thank you "PwKw13"! Much appreciated on the support!

Facebook page is up - all that would like to show support and be apart of the journey - follow this link! https://www.facebook.com/RomanGabriel4HOF/

Thanks,
            Vin

Comment

Working...