PDA

View Full Version : 1979 Dick Ruthven Philadelphia Phillies Game Used

RJB44
11-08-2017, 08:48 PM
Amazing what people will pay for a jersey. I know it's a rare a jersey, only used one game, but upwards of 8K or more? I know, if someone wants it bad enough, they pay whatever to get it. Perhaps winning bidder will be a Phillies dihard who wants to hang it in their house or office. If it's a dealer, it might some time before they can make a decent profit on resale. Just my 2 cents.

KGoldin
11-08-2017, 08:58 PM
This is to what he refers

https://goldinauctions.com/1979_Dick_Ruthven_Philadelphia_Phillies_Game_Used_-LOT36260.aspx

R. C. Walker
11-08-2017, 09:43 PM
It's a steal compared to paying $20G for the Aaron Judge players weekend jersey.

KGoldin
11-08-2017, 09:53 PM
Sometimes when people want a rare item, they don’t care.
I bid at auctions and if I need to overpay for something I want I say
“Am I going to be annoyed that I didn’t buy this”
And “ if I pass what are chances I will be able to buy it again “

sox83cubs84
11-08-2017, 10:09 PM
Amazing what people will pay for a jersey. I know it's a rare a jersey, only used one game, but upwards of 8K or more? I know, if someone wants it bad enough, they pay whatever to get it. Perhaps winning bidder will be a Phillies dihard who wants to hang it in their house or office. If it's a dealer, it might some time before they can make a decent profit on resale. Just my 2 cents.

You might be unaware that when these unis were first made available by the Phillies over 35 years ago, the team sold the entire uniforms first-come, first-served at $200 a pop. There was a catch, however...buyers couldn't choose the player they wanted, the team chose them randomly. Your 200 smackers could get you Mike Schmidt, or it could get you the Batboy...the team made the call.

Dave Miedema