PDA

View Full Version : Question concerning Chicago Bears Gary Fencik jerseys

VERIS#60
11-18-2017, 06:14 PM
In the very early years of Fencik's career, he did not hem his sleeves. However, most photos I have found since then, he trimmed the jersey after the last sleeve stripe. Does anyone have any photos of him in the 80's wearing a jersey that has not been trimmed after the last stripe? Does anyone have any info on his specs or habits of altering his jerseys? Thanks so much!
Bruce

Samets
11-20-2017, 09:04 AM
Sounds like you're trying to justify a jersey that doesn't fit the pattern.

bryzzo2016
11-20-2017, 04:50 PM

EXACTLY !

TigersCubs84
11-20-2017, 08:51 PM
You probably have already done this, maybe check photos on old Bears football cards! Check them out on ebay.

VERIS#60
11-21-2017, 03:26 PM

I'm not trying to justify a jersey. I have found a Fencik game used jersey that has a letter from mears and grey flannel both. After looking at his habits of trimming his sleeves, it would be hard for me to make ano offer on something that is not his norm. Fencik is a tough jersey to find. I passed on the jersey. Thanks everyone!
Bruce

Samets
11-21-2017, 04:19 PM
Were you shown the COA from Mears?
What did it actually say?
Was it the basic cert or the analytical one?
What grade did they assign to it?

bryzzo2016
11-21-2017, 06:06 PM
I'm not trying to justify a jersey. I have found a Fencik game used jersey that has a letter from mears and grey flannel both. After looking at his habits of trimming his sleeves, it would be hard for me to make ano offer on something that is not his norm. Fencik is a tough jersey to find. I passed on the jersey. Thanks everyone!
Bruce

A COA from Grey Flannel isn't worth the paper it is printed on.

And there was just a Tom Brady jersey on here from 2000 with a Mears LOA and A5 grade that was bogus.

VERIS#60
11-21-2017, 08:28 PM

A guu member has it. I never seen the loa's. Was just looking for some input from Bears collectors because I knew you guys would know a lot about it. I'm only looking for a Fencik to trade for another Bears obscure player. Red flags went up when the sleeves were not trimmed. Thanks for all your help!

Bruce

VERIS#60
11-21-2017, 08:36 PM

A guu member has it. I never seen the loa's. Was just looking for some input from Bears collectors because I knew you guys would know a lot about it. I'm only looking for a Fencik to trade for another Bears obscure player. Red flags went up when the sleeves were not trimmed. Thanks for all your help!

Bruce

Tyrcha
11-23-2017, 09:08 AM

Bruce

Just curious, what obscure Bears player do you have a jersey of? Drop me a line via my site: cbcollector.com

bryzzo2016
11-27-2017, 08:57 PM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gary-Fencik-Chicago-Bears-Vintage-1980s-Game-Used-Autographed-Signed-Jersey-COA/401449805644?hash=item5d7845e74c:g:3wUAAOSwRrlZ933 M

Samets
11-28-2017, 09:43 AM
Another lovely non gamer.

bryzzo2016
11-28-2017, 11:31 AM
Another lovely non gamer.

LOL !!! I'm sure you are correct !