View Full Version : King O'Shea primer

both-teams-played-hard
12-28-2017, 04:36 PM
For vintage jersey collectors especially chicago bears collectors:

http://sportstaggingdatabase.yolasite.com/king-oshea.php

Happy New Year!

sox83cubs84
12-28-2017, 05:24 PM
Real good stuff, Warren...thanks! FTR, the Browns wore King O'Shea unis for much of the 1960s, as well.

Dave Miedema

both-teams-played-hard
12-28-2017, 05:46 PM
Real good stuff, Warren...thanks! FTR, the Browns wore King O'Shea unis for much of the 1960s, as well.

Dave Miedema

Thanks for the info, Dave!

both-teams-played-hard
12-28-2017, 05:59 PM
This is from my my 1948 Dub Jones Cleveland Browns shirt (since sold) rent's a bush

both-teams-played-hard
12-28-2017, 06:06 PM
My last post should say "Rent's a bitch" but i was a victim of auto correct, My memory is shot, but I'll blame it on my MS. Need to make a site with every jersey that I sold.

Warren

both-teams-played-hard
12-28-2017, 06:52 PM
Photo match stains on sleeve, at worst a photo reference:

G1X
12-28-2017, 08:12 PM
Warren,

Thanks for the great information. Your tagging knowledge of old durene jerseys is second-to-none and always much appreciated. That Browns jersey of Dub Jones is a beauty. I hate to see that you had to let that one go. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

WANTED: WORLD FOOTBALL LEAGUE UNIFORMS

Samets
12-29-2017, 07:52 AM
Warren,

Let me know if you need high res photos of some of these tags...

both-teams-played-hard
12-29-2017, 03:24 PM
Thanks for everyone's kind words. The site is free. I t is not worth it to change any of the photos to a better resolution. I only have photos from my hard drive that I've saved over the years. I don't drive, so I can't get to flea markets, vintage stores or rag houses.

love
Warren

sox83cubs84
12-29-2017, 04:39 PM
Thanks for everyone's kind words. The site is free. I t is not worth it to change any of the photos to a better resolution. I only have photos from my hard drive that I've saved over the years. I don't drive, so I can't get to flea markets, vintage stores or rag houses.

love
Warren

Something we have in common, Warren. I don't drive and never have due to a medication I take.

Dave M.

both-teams-played-hard
12-29-2017, 06:40 PM
Something we have in common, Warren. I don't drive and never have due to a medication I take.

Dave M.

Yes, life's a bitch. I will never get a DUI. I don't drink and I sold my car because of my condition.
Doctors, Lawyers and Used Car Salesmen all hang out together.

I am very lucky and better off than many folks.

Happy New Year, Dave. Things could be worse!
Here is a primer of my favorite jersey company:
http://sportstaggingdatabase.yolasite.com/spanjian.php

both-teams-played-hard
12-31-2017, 04:16 PM
King O'Shea made many jerseys of pro, college and high teams, including this industrial basketball team from Milwaukee in the 50s:

Sweet uniform. Only a memory. Rent is not unlike A Female dog.

both-teams-played-hard
01-01-2018, 12:28 PM
Another King O'Shea game worn warm-up jacket.
1950s San Francisco 49ers.

sox83cubs84
01-01-2018, 08:03 PM
Yes, life's a bitch. I will never get a DUI. I don't drink and I sold my car because of my condition.
Doctors, Lawyers and Used Car Salesmen all hang out together.

I am very lucky and better off than many folks.

Happy New Year, Dave. Things could be worse!
Here is a primer of my favorite jersey company:
http://sportstaggingdatabase.yolasite.com/spanjian.php

Same here...no liquor, never drove a vehicle, and know that my life is better than that of many. Happy New Year to you, as well, Amigo. And, thanks for the tagging link.

Dave M.

TigersCubs84
01-02-2018, 08:26 PM
Thanks for this thread. Love those vintage tag pics.