PDA

View Full Version : Texas Ranagers Will Clark Jersey

jonschuette
02-21-2007, 02:01 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/1998-RANGERS-GIANTS-WILL-CLARK-GAME-USED-WORN-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ280083820159QQihZ018QQcategoryZ605 97QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Does this look game used?

hblakewolf
02-21-2007, 02:31 PM
Everything looks good, however, the tagging looks as crisp as the day it was manufactured. I would confirm the shirt with Barry at MeiGray and make sure it is a game worn Rangers knit as opposed to game issued and never worn by "The Thrill". jersey.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

BarryMeisel
02-22-2007, 09:56 AM
Hi,
Just wanted to update thread ... Jon contacted us on this jersey and it is registered as game-used. Without seeing the jersey up close, I can't comment on the tagging, but I personally inspected every jersey from that first direct acquisition from the Rangers with a Texas employee.

We categorized all game-issued jerseys as such, and all game-used jerseys as such. In cases where use was not obvious, we took the conservative approached and labeled them GI. This was labeled game worn, and is registered in the MeiGrade System database as such.

Regards,

Barry Meisel, MGG

kingjammy24
02-22-2007, 03:47 PM
ultimately, i believe in some cases it's impossible to tell, simply from looking at it, whether a baseball jersey is technically "game worn" (worn for at least part of 1 game). that is, i don't believe anyone would be able to tell the difference between a game-issued jersey and one worn for 2 innings. i think the only thing we can say is whether a jersey appears to have been used in many games or whether it appears game issued/used in very few games.

the clark jersey looks like he didn't wear it for many games at all. very, very few. however, it would be impossible to say with any certainty that he didn't wear it for 1 game. the only certain thing is that he didn't wear it for many games.

it reminds me of many of the jerseys i see at grey flannel. many of them have very crisp tags and show almost no wear. however, it'd be impossible to conclusively say, simply from looking at them, that they absolutely were never worn.

for my personal collection, the issue isn't so much "game worn" vs "game issued". the issue is "heavily worn" vs "hardly worn/issued". for me a jersey that was hardly worn is the same as one that was issued in that i'm not interested in either.

rudy.